pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 11:01 am

how nice,

next are we gonna here how the bigots tried justifying these actions?

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

godoftruemercy
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2011, 11:19 am

This is why a "works and faith" approach to Christianity is necessary.

Because if there is a heaven, these people are not getting in! And they think they are!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 11:23 am

pandabear wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-church-votes-ban-interracial-couples-003419318.html

Sounds like a church not to belong to.

ruveyn

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 11:50 am

Meh, I don't go to church, anyway. But, I guess they're free to worship as they wish, and to exclude whom they please. They just won't be collecting any tithes from interracial couples, or from interracial people.

Come to think of it, most of the South is interracial, although most people who self-identify as "White" won't admit it.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:12 pm

Quote:
Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean."
(Acts 10:27-28)

These verses address the ultimate Scriptural racial divide -- that between Jew and Gentile -- and show it to be removed.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:37 pm

pandabear wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-church-votes-ban-interracial-couples-003419318.html

Based on the article, it sounds like a lot of their members are going to find a new church.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:42 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Quote:
Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean."

These verses address the ultimate Scriptural racial divide -- that between Jew and Gentile -- and show it to be removed.

It says in Perke Avot (Sayings of the Sages) that the righteous of all the earth have a portion in the World to Come. It is also a commandment in the Torah not to despise an Egyptian. Thou shalt not despise an Egyptian for you once dwelled with him.

See: http://www.torahinmotion.org/articles_d ... nemies.htm

Maybe you should beware of Goyim telling you what the Jews said. The source is somewhat polluted.

ruveyn

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:59 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Quote:

It says in Perke Avot (Sayings of the Sages) that the righteous of all the earth have a portion in the World to Come. It is also a commandment in the Torah not to despise an Egyptian. Thou shalt not despise an Egyptian for you once dwelled with him.

Maybe you should beware of Goyim telling you what the Jews said. The source is somewhat polluted.

ruveyn

Isn't that part about not despising an Egyptian near other passages which describe how the Israelites are to wipe out the Midianites, Canaanites, and other people that just happen to be in the way?

Telekon
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2011, 1:13 pm

pandabear wrote:
Come to think of it, most of the South is interracial, although most people who self-identify as "White" won't admit it.

How do you know that?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 1:48 pm

Telekon wrote:
pandabear wrote:

How do you know that?

telepathy

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Quote:

ruveyn

The Jews remain and are affirmed to be God's chosen people in the New Testament. Is that corrupt as well? Not a typically Gentile doctrine.

Quote:
I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.
(Romans 11:13-18)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 3:06 pm

The article seems to have been removed by Yahoo!

Don't Christians want the world to know what they're really all about?

< Later >

Here's the same story from different sources:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news ... al-couples
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/de ... al-couples
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news ... al-couples

Quote:
Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church in Kentucky voted for the resolution after their Sunday service. The resolution states that the church "doesn't condone interracial marriage." Melvin Thompson, the church member who crafted the resolution, claims that he is not racist and that the matter is an internal affair.
Melvin Thompson wrote:
"I am not racist. I will tell you that. I am not prejudiced against any race of people, have never in my lifetime spoke evil about a race," said Thompson, the church's former pastor who stepped down earlier this year. "That's what this is being portrayed as, but it is not."

"Not Racist"?! ! Typical ... any sin committed by a Christian in God's name is not a sin, it seems ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 4:15 pm

The Yahoo link still works for me, but here is the story

Quote:
TOMAHAWK, Ky (Reuters) - A vote to bar interracial couples from a small church in eastern Kentucky has triggered hand-wringing and embarrassment.

Nine members of Gulnare Freewill Baptist Church backed their former pastor, with six opposed, in Sunday's vote to bar interracial couples from church membership and worship activities. Funerals were excluded.

The vote was taken after most of the 40 people who attended Sunday services had left the church in Pike County, near the border with West Virginia. Many members left to avoid the vote.

Most members of the church "didn't want anything to do with this," said longtime church official Dean Harville, whose daughter and her black fiance had drawn pastor Melvin Thompson's ire.

At services earlier this year, Stella Harville, 24, who is working on her master's degree in optical engineering, sang "I Surrender All" with her fiance, Ticha Chikuni, 29, a Zimbabwe native, according to her father. Chikuni, an employee at Georgetown College in Kentucky, played the piano.

"There didn't appear to be any problem," Dean Harville said on Wednesday. "None whatsoever."

But Harville said Thompson told him the couple would not be allowed to sing at the church again. Thompson resigned in August but would not drop the issue.

Thompson told a local radio outlet, "I do not believe in interracial marriages, and I do not believe this (ban) will give our church a black eye at all."

He could not be reached for comment.

The move has drawn scrutiny from the hierarchy of the Freewill Baptist Church, Harville said.

"This kind of thing brands all of us so easily," said Randy Johnson, president of the Pike County Ministerial Association. "That's not who we are. From all the churches I've talked to so far, it's really not anger so much as it is shock

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 4:20 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Telekon wrote:
pandabear wrote:

How do you know that?

telepathy

Nah. It's just fairly common knowledge.

Ralphie May will explain it for you.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9mytOPDeeE[/youtube]

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 4:32 pm

Didn't Bob Jones University have a similar ban at one time?