If a person is defective, they should be eliminated

Page 3 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 12:02 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Got any more? One example does not a vegetarian conspiracy make.

Well, that's good. I'm glad I can tuck into my non-halal roast chicken dinner in peace. I shall sleep soundly tonight. ;)

Quote:
Though I do think there are fringe elements that are like that.

It definitely was a problem with Brighton Council I think. Best thing to do is, er, not elect Greenies.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 12:07 pm

Tequila wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Got any more? One example does not a vegetarian conspiracy make.

Well, that's good. I'm glad I can tuck into my non-halal roast chicken dinner in peace. I shall sleep soundly tonight. ;)

DAMN YOU, HERETIC, CHICKEN MUST BE GRILLED! *spreads oppression and intolerance*

:wink:

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 12:19 pm

Soylent Green is People!

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

Om nom nom nom

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 12:32 pm

unduki wrote:
Soylent Green is People!

I was thinking about posting that, too. :lol:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 2:10 pm

Tequila wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
It's one canteen with no meat in it on one day. Damn, I feel like my freedoms have been mutilated. :lol:

They planned to enforce it on people. The binmen resisted and their meat was reinstated. :)

You asked for an example where this has happened; I gave you one.

they can bring a lunch from home. problem solved, with nobody's freedoms compromised.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 3:09 pm

If you don't like your national benefit scheme and can't get it changed at the ballot box, I find it difficult to imagine you'll have the political capital for genocide. Fortunately (for this view), people eliminate themselves one way or another all the time.

Quote:
When have vegetarians seriously tried to do that? I'm a meat-eater, but I'm tired (and frankly mystified) by all the complaints that people make about veggie-fascists lecturing them and impeding their 'freedom'.

People are as defensive about their food as they are their religion. My gf never lectures anyone but has to hear the snide remarks of meat eaters quite often. I wouldnt take it as politely as she does.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 3:12 pm

simon_says wrote:
My gf never lectures anyone but has to hear the snyde remarks of meat eaters quite often. I wouldnt take it as politely as she does.

I'm a meat-eater, and I used to be snide to vegetarians. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know why I did it. It's because I knew that they were right, and they made me feel insecure. I still don't care quite enough to stop eating meat, but now I acknowledge that vegetarians are on the right side of history.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 3:32 pm

Declension wrote:
I still don't care quite enough to stop eating meat, but now I acknowledge that vegetarians are on the right side of history.

If vegetarians care about animals so much, why do they eat their food? ;)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 3:33 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
they can bring a lunch from home. problem solved, with nobody's freedoms compromised.

That might well not be an option depending on how dictatorial the council were being - i.e. they could put pressure on people to conform.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 4:42 pm

I don't think the OP has a very good grasp of economics. Specifically, what economists mean by 'full employment' and the concept of a wage/price inflation spiral.

If you have very high levels of employment employers find it difficult to recruit new staff because they already have a job. In the 1950's in Britain despite having to pay off massive war debts and having huge numbers of disabled people from two world wars, the unemployment rate was about 1%.

The problem that arises from this situation is as follows.

Company A wishes to expand, it needs new staff but there isn't a large enough pool of unemployed workers to find the right skills in. Company A must poach an employee off another company by offering the employee more money than he currently receives.

Unfortunately this now means that Company B is short one worker and must poach an employee, etc etc This leads to a large amount of wage inflation. Because companies must be profitable, in order to pay these higher wages the company must put up the price of it's goods to avoid bankruptcy. Workers see the price of goods going up and demand higher wages to maintain their spending power. The higher wages mean companies have to put up the price of their finished product again and the economy ends up locked into wage-price inflation spiral. Fairly quickly in a free market system this inflation destroys economic growth and causes a recession, driving up unemployment.

You can not have a free market economic system without a large pool of unemployed people competing for jobs to keep wages down. This is not some radical hippy conspiracy theory, it is week one Introduction to Economics stuff.

Seriously, go and ask any economist to explain the terms 'full employment' and 'wage-price spiral' and they will tell you exactly the same thing.

What this means is it is pointless trying to tackle unemployment by killing unemployed people, the market will simply create more unemployed people to stabilise itself.

If you abandon the free market system it is a relatively easy task to provide 100% employment but doing so bogs down innovation and progress.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 4:45 pm

You have Aspergers, you can be eliminated. Have fun with your own plan where you're eligible to be eliminated.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 4:58 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Subotai wrote:
Inevitably the human race is doomed eventually.. what real difference does eugenics make? I say if you happen to manifest on this plane of consciousness you have a right to live for as long as you're physically capable without interference.

There is no other "plane" of existence. The world is physical from Top to Bottom and from Top Quark to Bottom Quark. All that exists is matter and motion in space and time.

ruveyn

Okay. Well my point still stands regardless.

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 5:11 pm

Subotai wrote:
Inevitably the human race is doomed eventually.. what real difference does eugenics make? I say if you happen to manifest on this plane of consciousness you have a right to live for as long as you're physically capable without interference.

Your point confuses me, but I may be missing something. I do that a lot...

Are you saying eugenic policies do not make a difference, or that you are unconcerned about whether they are pursued by governments?

If the second, then the remainder of your statement does not make sense. If a person has the right to live as long as they are physically capable without interference, then eugenics would potentially stand in the way of that.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 6:18 pm

Yupa wrote:
This would simply be cutting the extra fat off of society. There are 7 billion people on this planet. If a single one of them is incapable of productivity, or damaged in any way, would it not be proper to eliminate them?

Consider that a large portion of human beings do not work, or are incapable of working, yet they reproduce and take up an unnecessary amount of resources. They are the surplus population. Like any instance in which there is a surplus of goods, the value of that good decreases. So it is with the human species.
Who decides who is defective and who isn't?

Newtonscat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Feb 2012, 7:13 pm

I find it interesting that there seemed to be a "change of attitude" towards Aspies when the world economy went bonk. Previously we were these fascinatingly eccentric people with amazing talents - maybe the NTs are "blaming us" for the way things have gone? There's even be a "hint" that Universoty lecturers should be "assessed". Research 'Autism strategy groups' and the Autism Act 2009 ... it gets "scary".