Page 3 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 2:01 am

My biggest surprise in this is learning that he turns out to have had a heart.

His stated purpose in life was to "destroy the institutional left" which means that the world has one less rigid amoral ideologue.

Don't care about wienergate. It's more the Shirley Sherrod fiasco and his continual drum beat of spinning anything to be anti-left even if he has to outright lie to do it that leave me with no sympathy.

I guess satan needed him more than we did.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 4:16 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Unlike persons of a right wing political bent who savage those on the left - even upon their deaths - I'll hold my tongue and not speak ill of the dead.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

I usually try to do the same, but I have to admit that I've spoken ill of Hitler on occasion :)

(Which is my way of saying that sometimes, it is perfectly justified to speak ill of a dead person. I don't know if that's the case here though, because I didn't know the guy).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 4:26 am

CrazyCatLord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Unlike persons of a right wing political bent who savage those on the left - even upon their deaths - I'll hold my tongue and not speak ill of the dead.

I usually try to do the same, but I have to admit that I've spoken ill of Hitler on occasion :)

(Which is my way of saying that sometimes, it is perfectly justified to speak ill of a dead person. I don't know if that's the case here though, because I didn't know the guy).

Well, no rule is written in stone.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 6:06 am

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ingle.html

Perhaps the greatest profile of Breitbart ever written, for those who think the guy was just a ball of rage or something.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 7:56 am

http://news.yahoo.com/daily-kos-calls-w ... 11495.html

Ah, WBC...the precise reason why the U.S. should ban religion.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 10:44 am

43 isn't too young to die. If it were, then we wouldn't be sending 18-year-olds off to die in wars.

If everyone were to make it very far beyond full retirement age, then retirement systems would be in serious jeopardy. People do die in their forties.

His family will be fine--don't waste any time worrying about them. The children will get social security survivors' benefits until they are 18. The wifey will get widow's benefits when she turns 60. Even if the Repugnicans succeed in destroying the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the family will most likely still qualify for Medicaid. A lot of communities have food pantries where they will be able to line up for free handouts every week. Some churches (although probably not theirs) even provide free hot meals on Thanksgiving and Christmas. The children should qualify for free or reduced-price lunches at school. They might even qualify for food stamps or welfare.

It probably would have been more cost effective if President Obama had arranged for the whole family to die together--for example, in an airplane crash. Allowing the Breitbart family to continue to live on government charity (and other handouts) is a rather ironic end to things.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 10:54 am

Jacoby wrote:
If you want to be mad at someone about Weinergate then be mad at Anthony Weiner for being a creepy perv. Breitbart didn't make him post dick pics on Twitter for the world too see and then lie about it.

Here is what bugs me, Newt Gingrich cheats on his first wife while she's ill with cancer, wants an open marriage when the second one gets sick, yet he is on the morals and values crowd.

Weiner on the other hand, sent some pictures of himself, but he didn't physically have sex with anyone, yet he had to resign. Elliot Spitzer was a single guy who slept with a hooker and he had to leave, yet Larry Craig solicited sex in an airport bathroom and he gets to finish his term.

Why is it that democrats need to leave office while republicans don't?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 11:09 am

Breitbart was instrumental in getting ACORN defunded. That was useful.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

Dox47 wrote:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2010/03/what_is_andrew_breitbart_thinking.single.html

Perhaps the greatest profile of Breitbart ever written, for those who think the guy was just a ball of rage or something.

Okay, he was a ball of rage with self-indulgent humor.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 12:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Okay, he was a ball of rage with self-indulgent humor.

That Ball of Rage took down ACORN nearly single handed.

ACORN was a quasi-criminal organization. By rights RICO charges should have been brought.

ruveyn

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 12:46 pm

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I'm just puzzled by the world view of people who thought ACORN was in some way nefarious.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 12:50 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

I'm just puzzled by the world view of people who thought ACORN was in some way nefarious.

From the Wiki article:

ACORN was shut down in the wake of the September 2009 release of selectively edited videos by two conservative activists including James O'Keefe using a hidden camera to elicit damaging responses from low-level ACORN employees that appeared to advise them how to hide prostitution activities and avoid taxes.[9]

As I said, RICO prosecution was in order.

ruveyn

TM
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 12:53 pm

I think Christopher Hitchens statement on the death of Jerry Falwell is quite apt for Breitbart as well "If you gave him an enema, you could have buried him in a matchbox"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

ruveyn wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

From the Wiki article:

ACORN was shut down in the wake of the September 2009 release of selectively edited videos by two conservative activists including James O'Keefe using a hidden camera to elicit damaging responses from low-level ACORN employees that appeared to advise them how to hide prostitution activities and avoid taxes.[9]

As I said, RICO prosecution was in order.

ruveyn

Selective editing is right. ACORN had never been prosecuted because it was found that the workers were in fact responding to different questions not pertaining to prostitution asked by that little weasel and his girl friend - who actually never showed up dressed as a pimp and prostitute.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 12:59 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Any familiarity with the saying "Vote early and vote often"? They were essentially one of 'those'.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 1:00 pm

TM wrote:
I think Christopher Hitchens statement on the death of Jerry Falwell is quite apt for Breitbart as well "If you gave him an enema, you could have buried him in a matchbox"

Hahaha, that's awesome. I might have to raise you Michael Moore while we're at it though.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin