Page 5 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
You're describing a sort of existence that's very much out of reach for a good many people who literally live hand to mouth.
That was my point.

Yeah, but the thing is it isn't even my money. I'm not working a job for this. It's an alotment. It's borrowed money.

And that's why we need to fix our system, but of course government won't. But at the same time I'm still under the impression even if I didn't get the second one hundred that I could budget out fresh groceries and things I need without having to go to Walmart.

When I was in high school I only got one hundred for the whole month, so I had to budget it out well enough. And I didn't have a good home situation. Our mother at the time began to stop going grocery shopping, so the kid with only a hundred had to budget out not only feeding himself on school days, but buying what he could for groceries.

I understand struggle. But am not sympathetic enough for those kinds of excuses.

AdjustedSanity
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Mar 2012, 7:59 pm

Better than Kmart. God, I hate our Kmart. Smells like an old woman's house.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

20 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm

I dont like how walmart gobbles up these small towns and all the local businesses therein...and then they are the only game in town after the local businesses go belly up....after they run people out of their livelihoods, then they raise the prices cause they have no competition. For that reason, I rarely shop at walmart, unless I cannot find it elsewhere.

Walmarts are like a black hole in rural towns across america. Before walmart, a town has a need, then local people put a business together to fulfill that need, plus the service is better.
After walmart, small business owners cant compete cause everyone just goes to walmart.

I agree with Pandoras box on lighting. Varied lighting and flashing lights are the worst.

Jojo

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 7:56 am

My wife has actually banned me from going to Walmart. :D

Just stepping into the store wrecks my mood entirely and I haven't been inside one in a couple of years now. :evil:

(To elaborate, they leveled a beautiful Apple Orchard to build the local Walmart and seemed to create a gathering point for every scumbag living in a 5-mile radius of the place. I swear I can actually see the bad karma oozing from the walls.)

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 8:42 am

Things I don't like about Wal-Mart:

* Bad lighting - feels like I'm in a cold cave.
* Grocery prices - They have some good deals on food items you don't NEED, like cake mix and junk food. But then they overcharge on basics like milk and eggs. I don't like feeling gouged.
* Clothing quality - Yes, ok, I have purchased clothing at Walmart. It shrinks, falls apart, and loses its shape the first time you wash it. (Although sometimes the clothing takes on SUCH a strange appearance that it's actually hilarious to look at, so I guess that's a plus?)

edited to add ' :lol:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 9:31 am

Catamount wrote:

(To elaborate, they leveled a beautiful Apple Orchard to build the local Walmart and seemed to create a gathering point for every scumbag living in a 5-mile radius of the place.

:evil:

to his Interest."

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 9:48 am

YippySkippy wrote:
Things I don't like about Wal-Mart:

* Bad lighting - feels like I'm in a cold cave.

I didn't have that issue where I worked, but I worked in a fairly new walmart. And I was usually in natural lighting.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:23 pm

Actually, I used to go to a Wal-Mart with normal store lighting. Then they closed it and built a new one - the new one has dim, bluish lighting and skylights that are insufficient. Also, the parking lot is VERY narrow and I always fear I'm going to be in a car accident there.

Last edited by YippySkippy on 21 Mar 2012, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:27 pm

Everyone knows my opinion about Walfart. I'm not stating it again until I good and care to.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 10:51 am

I get all my groceries at Walmart. I don't have a choice. I live with my mother and she buys the groceries and has to go where the person that drives her to get groceries takes her. We aren't going to take expensive cabs to a more expensive store just to avoid shopping at Walmart.

I'm poor and I buy my stuff wherever I can get the best price.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 10:53 am

hanyo wrote:
I get all my groceries at Walmart. I don't have a choice. I live with my mother and she buys the groceries and has to go where the person that drives her to get groceries takes her. We aren't going to take expensive cabs to a more expensive store just to avoid shopping at Walmart.

That makes perfectly good sense and it is why WalMart flaws and all does so well.

ruveyn

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 11:36 am

hanyo wrote:

And there are other places where you can get that better price. If it means boycotting someone with poor business sense, then why shouldn't you make that effort?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 11:41 am

WalFart still sucks regardless of whether it's too expensive or otherwise one is unable to shop anywhere else.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 11:43 am

Pandora_Box wrote:

And there are other places where you can get that better price. If it means boycotting someone with poor business sense, then why shouldn't you make that effort?

If you don't drive you can be pretty limited in where you can shop. I don't know of any place that I could actually get to that is cheaper and I don't care.

If I boycotted every store that people said was bad for some reason I'd have no place left to shop. People complain about K-mart too. If I took the bus to Price Chopper people don't like them either. I saw some of their workers protesting a few months ago.

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

hanyo wrote:
If you don't drive you can be pretty limited in where you can shop. I don't know of any place that I could actually get to that is cheaper and I don't care.

If I boycotted every store that people said was bad for some reason I'd have no place left to shop. People complain about K-mart too. If I took the bus to Price Chopper people don't like them either. I saw some of their workers protesting a few months ago.

And even if you don't drive you can still make the effort. When I was in high school I had to take a bus to a bus to another bus to a train to a bus. And yet ever decision I made with 100 dollars of funds was the right decision. And I didn't drive.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

Pandora_Box wrote:

And even if you don't drive you can still make the effort. When I was in high school I had to take a bus to a bus to another bus to a train to a bus. And yet ever decision I made with 100 dollars of funds was the right decision. And I didn't drive.

Like I said I don't care. I don't have issues with buying things at Walmart. Plus I have no income and am not the person that buys the groceries so I don't really have any say in where they are bought anyways.