Page 5 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Are you Pro-israeli or Pro-palestinian
Pro-Israeli 53%  53%  [ 30 ]
Pro-Palestinian 47%  47%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 57

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:56 pm

TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
You should have put a third option for neither. As far as im concerned the Middle East causes more problems than its worth. I say if they want a religious war with the West, we should show them Armageddon. As an atheist, i cant stand religious wars, so i advocate a Liberal use of our nukes and glass the Middle East and show them Armageddon like they want. Im a Classical Liberal which is the opposite of Modern Liberals and closer to Libertarian, so i register Libertarian. Just wanted to clear that up when i said Liberal, i didnt want my words to be misunderstood in any way.

Since your a atheists you should love religious wars sit back and watch us theists kill each other :wink:

I have no problem with theists killing each other by all means, just give me some popcorn, im just opposed to war, as a Transhumanist i hate when people kill each other for petty reasons.

Well as a Christian the problem with in my religoin is that we will use anything to justify a war. Or killing people we are zealous that is what makes us do those things.

I have no problem with religion but im inclined to agree with you, you need to watch the documentary Jesus Camp, they have the whole thing on youtube. Its about a Jesus Camp where they breed Christians who are as willing to die for Jesus as muslims who are willing to die for Allah, its a youth camp, closed now thankfully, and its sickening to see all those innocent children crying because of the shame that they feel for sinning, and it just breaks my heart to see such torture of the human mind. The worst part is that Pastor Fisher is breeding these kids to be the Christian version of Al-Qaeda

Yes I have watched it and felt so sick to my stomach. Their is a such thing as taking things to far they crossed the line doing that to those children. Brain washing them it was just.....sick and twisted it made my friend who is also a christian cry....It was just so evil.

That video almost made me cry, my mom didnt see a problem with it at first but by the end she completely agreed with me on my opinion of that movie.

Things like this happen with in all religions it's the ugly truth.

Unfortunately your right, which happens to be one of my biggest beefs with religion, i for one suffered extensive Religious Trauma Syndrome growing up, i was born and raised Catholic, though my grandma is more on he fundamentalist side, and i became atheist in high school.

"I may be zealous, in regards to my faith. "But I will not kill in the name of God, I don't really see the point.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 12:04 am

Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
You should have put a third option for neither. As far as im concerned the Middle East causes more problems than its worth. I say if they want a religious war with the West, we should show them Armageddon. As an atheist, i cant stand religious wars, so i advocate a Liberal use of our nukes and glass the Middle East and show them Armageddon like they want. Im a Classical Liberal which is the opposite of Modern Liberals and closer to Libertarian, so i register Libertarian. Just wanted to clear that up when i said Liberal, i didnt want my words to be misunderstood in any way.

Since your a atheists you should love religious wars sit back and watch us theists kill each other :wink:

I have no problem with theists killing each other by all means, just give me some popcorn, im just opposed to war, as a Transhumanist i hate when people kill each other for petty reasons.

Well as a Christian the problem with in my religoin is that we will use anything to justify a war. Or killing people we are zealous that is what makes us do those things.

I have no problem with religion but im inclined to agree with you, you need to watch the documentary Jesus Camp, they have the whole thing on youtube. Its about a Jesus Camp where they breed Christians who are as willing to die for Jesus as muslims who are willing to die for Allah, its a youth camp, closed now thankfully, and its sickening to see all those innocent children crying because of the shame that they feel for sinning, and it just breaks my heart to see such torture of the human mind. The worst part is that Pastor Fisher is breeding these kids to be the Christian version of Al-Qaeda

Yes I have watched it and felt so sick to my stomach. Their is a such thing as taking things to far they crossed the line doing that to those children. Brain washing them it was just.....sick and twisted it made my friend who is also a christian cry....It was just so evil.

That video almost made me cry, my mom didnt see a problem with it at first but by the end she completely agreed with me on my opinion of that movie.

Things like this happen with in all religions it's the ugly truth.

Unfortunately your right, which happens to be one of my biggest beefs with religion, i for one suffered extensive Religious Trauma Syndrome growing up, i was born and raised Catholic, though my grandma is more on he fundamentalist side, and i became atheist in high school.

"I may be zealous, in regards to my faith. "But I will not kill in the name of God, I don't really see the point.

Did you ever hear of the guy who stoned a 70 year old man to death for being gay? Here in America.

Thomas said he received a message in his prayers that he must end Seidman’s life, according to court documents

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/70 ... 3/18/18138
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... 43719.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 12:12 am

TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

I don't know. I think Christianity in more recent centuries has begun to practice what it preaches. But that's because Western civilization, which most of Christianity is part of, has reached a higher level of cultural ethics, such as human rights, and freedom of religion, speech, and expression.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Anyone who has read the bible should know the ONLY group that seems to be practicing what the bible preaches is the Westboro Baptist Church. If Christianity truly followed the bible they would be in the same category as Al-Qaeda. Its them NOT following the bible that leads to how they are now.

That's why I'm not a fundamentalist. As most Christians today, I don't take everything in the Bible 100% literally.

My older sister and her husband are fundies, she was given up for adoption and her parents home schooled her on a boat because her adopted dad is a missionary and she is completely convinced the world is 4000 years old, if she wasnt a fundie she would be my favorite sister because she is a nerd like me, even though she was given up for adoption she is my only sibling that has any personality features like me. But she is 100% subservient to her husband because the bible says she should

I'm sorry about your sister. I've known some people like that in my time.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 12:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

I don't know. I think Christianity in more recent centuries has begun to practice what it preaches. But that's because Western civilization, which most of Christianity is part of, has reached a higher level of cultural ethics, such as human rights, and freedom of religion, speech, and expression.

Anyone who has read the bible should know the ONLY group that seems to be practicing what the bible preaches is the Westboro Baptist Church. If Christianity truly followed the bible they would be in the same category as Al-Qaeda. Its them NOT following the bible that leads to how they are now.

That's why I'm not a fundamentalist. As most Christians today, I don't take everything in the Bible 100% literally.

My older sister and her husband are fundies, she was given up for adoption and her parents home schooled her on a boat because her adopted dad is a missionary and she is completely convinced the world is 4000 years old, if she wasnt a fundie she would be my favorite sister because she is a nerd like me, even though she was given up for adoption she is my only sibling that has any personality features like me. But she is 100% subservient to her husband because the bible says she should

Yeah we have a lot in common in interest wise but her brainwashing is so bad she has quit several jobs just because her husband told her she should.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 12:41 am

TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

Yeah we have a lot in common in interest wise but her brainwashing is so bad she has quit several jobs just because her husband told her she should.

Have you ever gone to the source of her - on your - misery, and talked to her husband?

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 12:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

Have you ever gone to the source of her - on your - misery, and talked to her husband?

We tried they moved in with us for a bit but the moment we made any comment on it she accused us of attacking her marriage and moved to Texas, we havent heard from them since and that was a few months ago.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 12:58 am

TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

We tried they moved in with us for a bit but the moment we made any comment on it she accused us of attacking her marriage and moved to Texas, we havent heard from them since and that was a few months ago.

(Sigh) Sorry to hear that.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 1:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

(Sigh) Sorry to hear that.

Besides the problem mainly isnt Josh he is a pretty cool peson all things considered, the problem is both of their parents and the way they were both raised. Both their families go to the same fundamentalist Church

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm

Bun wrote:
Anti-nationalism.

Problem solved.

I said here before that I'm anti-nationalistic, but I had feelings about Morrissey draping himself in an Israeli flag, so I feel like it brought my real feelings... But it's against my conscience to claim supremacy over another nation, so I'm split on it.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 1:54 pm

Okay, the Israeli right wing can kiss my butt. Like all right-wing political factions, they are racist, and their politics are as dirty as hell. As far as the rest of the country, I have a lot more sympathy, generally speaking, for their cause than I do for the Palestinians.

The Palestinians don't inspire in me much sympathy at all. I see them as hypocrites and liars. I see the Palestinians in general as almost as dirty and evil as the Israeli right-wing.

Hey, you can talk crap about my point of view if you want to. Go right ahead. I've studied this issue, you ignorant fools. You haven't. I've studied it closely and in detail. As far as I'm concerned, the ignorant devout can go rot in hell.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 2:00 pm

If I have to choose, I'm pro-Israel. It's not because I'm really in favour of Israel, but because I'm opposed to the extremist ideology overly present in Palestine. Those claiming they want a one-state, multicultural solution are saying they prefer Palestine. There is no way a one-state, multicultural solution would benefit Israel in any way. It would simply open the floodgates. If you can easily access Israel from Palestine, you can easily access Israel from Egypt. Indeed, in that case, the Palestinians would be free to vote in a country not theirs while having a society of their own. Additionally, imagine the chaos of people who have been taught to hate each other being able to roam the streets freely.

And would the Palestinians really settle for a solution like that? As far as I'm aware, selling land to Jewish settlers is still punishable by death in Palestine, and some people have been on trial recently.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Okay, the Israeli right wing can kiss my butt. Like all right-wing political factions, they are racist, and their politics are as dirty as hell. As far as the rest of the country, I have a lot more sympathy, generally speaking, for their cause than I do for the Palestinians.

The Palestinians don't inspire in me much sympathy at all. I see them as hypocrites and liars. I see the Palestinians in general as almost as dirty and evil as the Israeli right-wing.

Hey, you can talk crap about my point of view if you want to. Go right ahead. I've studied this issue, you ignorant fools. You haven't. I've studied it closely and in detail. As far as I'm concerned, the ignorant devout can go rot in hell.

I don't think you're ignorant, but you haven't elaborated on any of your reasons, so I can't say I understand your stance all the way through.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 2:22 pm

Bun wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:

I don't think you're ignorant, but you haven't elaborated on any of your reasons, so I can't say I understand your stance all the way through.
Well, I was griping about a personal grievance related to this subject. At one time, I tried going into extreme detail in trying to explore the depths of this issue, right down to studying individual plots of land in East Jerusalem, and I tried to give a balanced and intelligent take on it. I got burned. Ever since, I've passionately hated people who spout off about something, caring only about some sanctimonious sense of self-righteousness and not caring about the details or exploring what is actually going on. In fact, I would actually vote in favor of having them castrated, and I mean that with as much seriousness as I can muster.

So, quite frankly, if you are studying the subject with any depth or attention to detail or otherwise not spouting opinions about it, I'm not talking about you, and we can leave it at that.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

While I admit I don't frantically look up details, I have my own experience as an Israeli.

And - OK, now I understand your post better.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jul 2012, 7:24 pm

Both and neither. Pro-world government.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 7:56 pm

nominalist wrote:
Both and neither. Pro-world government.

You're not shy about your NWO aspirations and a one world government, aren't you?