Is it creepy for older men to prefer younger women?

Page 3 of 16 [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Is it creepy for older guys to prefer younger women?
Poll ended at 29 Aug 2013, 8:25 pm
Yes 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
No 58%  58%  [ 23 ]
Depends 30%  30%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 40

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 10:35 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
If you want to breed, then you will be better off courting younger women. The older they get, the more difficult conception and pregnancy become.

And, certainly, there is something to be said about dat ass. :P

Not 16 young, though (age of consent is 16 over here) as they're more likely to have complications. More like 21 young is the best childbearing age.

Seriously, men liking women in their early 20s doesn't bug me as much as the kind that exclusively likes teens. Those men ARE creepy.

I wish I could see my boyfriend more often because I'm already past it and I want to get more sex in before I'm older. I hate this feeling of being on the 4 minute warning. Why do women's sex drives and sexual pleasure peak when they're already too old? I know it's your body's way of making the most of your last few fertile years but it just seems cruel, like everything else nature ever does is.

Last edited by puddingmouse on 29 Dec 2013, 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 11:04 am

Well, yeah, 16 is a bit young, even if they are quite fertile. Better focus on chicks who are closer to 21. :wink:

But, I can see the point where a woman who wanted to be a breeder, and who didn't have any particular career aspirations, would be better off finding a man who was a bit more affluent and economically stable. This would generally mean that the fellow is a bit older, and settled in his career.

If the man is unable to support her and her brood comfortably, and she is required to work outside the home, then her life will be much more stressful.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 11:49 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Well, yeah, 16 is a bit young, even if they are quite fertile. Better focus on chicks who are closer to 21. :wink:

But, I can see the point where a woman who wanted to be a breeder, and who didn't have any particular career aspirations, would be better off finding a man who was a bit more affluent and economically stable. This would generally mean that the fellow is a bit older, and settled in his career.

If the man is unable to support her and her brood comfortably, and she is required to work outside the home, then her life will be much more stressful.

The problem with that old-school way of doing things is that if you start very early and don't do anything else with your life, it generally leads to 4, 5 or 6+ children. It's not sustainable any more because of modern medicine and leads to overpopulation. Plus, you get grandchildren dumped on you in your 40s (the idea that having kids young leads to being fancy-free in middle age is a myth unless you bring those kids up to NOT do what you did.) I'm not one to preach because a lot of my family did this, but they did it in the working class way where either both parents HAVE to work and lead stressful lives, or the grandparents do a lot of the work (which 'aint really fair on them if they've got lots of grandchildren due to having lots of children.) It's really not an idyllic life unless you're rich (not just middle class, but rich.)

Plus, it takes a certain kind of woman to decide what she really want is to be a baby factory at the age of 21. Usually that 'choice' is influenced either through culture, religion, or class. It's their call to make, but it's not something I would do if I had my time again. This isn't because I had many career aspirations - I just hated sex when I was 21 and would've found raising a child even more boring, stressful and unfulfilling than low-paid work. Plus, all the (broke) old men that wanted to shag me when I was a teen had buggered off by then and people from my social class just don't get rich partners unless they become beauty queens or lingerie models.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 12:08 pm

Of course it isn't for everyone, and there are always tradeoffs, no matter what you do. It is a matter of deciding what it is you want to do, and then doing it.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 12:38 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Of course it isn't for everyone, and there are always tradeoffs, no matter what you do. It is a matter of deciding what it is you want to do, and then doing it.

Having a greater range of choices is important. Lots of people don't have much choice for various reasons.

I wanted to be a teacher and maybe get married when I was 30. Well, I am a qualified teacher and I might get married when I'm 30 - so I haven't f****d my life up completely (came close to it, maybe, due to mental illness.) I don't think this would've happened if I wasn't socially isolated due to either having ASD or a high IQ. If I'd followed the pack more and didn't value my education, then society would've made more decisions for me. I would've probably have had kids I didn't really want by now.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 2:01 pm

People always have choices. Following the pack and doing what one imagines society requires of him is also a choice.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 2:23 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
People always have choices. Following the pack and doing what one imagines society requires of him is also a choice.

When the alternative is social pariah status, to an NT, that's not much of a choice. Thankfully, I already had that status, anyway :wink: At least when I was growing up.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 2:51 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

When the alternative is social pariah status, to an NT, that's not much of a choice. Thankfully, I already had that status, anyway :wink: At least when I was growing up.

I've come to view being a social pariah as being more of a blessing than a curse. It frees me from having to think about social acceptability.

NSayersof95
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Dec 2013, 4:03 pm

Young or Old, all men prefer younger woman, but just what "young" means to them depends. Could be teenagers, college girls, college grads, or even those in their early 30's.
To be their husband or boyfriend, oh yeah, that's creepy.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 4:11 pm

I don't think all men PREFER younger women, it's just that younger women still interest them. If my boyfriend has a preference for younger women, then he's an idiot for being with me, he's told me that he's always preferred slightly older women, even if younger women are still hot, and I believe him. A lot of men prefer different things, could be younger or older, depending on their age and life experience; it's more accurate to say that all straight men are attracted to younger women.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 8:48 pm

Well, women of prime breeding age are the ones most in demand. Quite a lot of competition exists among the men who would like to breed with them, and women who are at their prime do possess quite a lot of choices.

When such a woman chooses an older man, I think that other people's disapproval, and the labeling of such couples as "creepy", are motivated more by sour grapes than by anything else.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 9:05 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
When such a woman chooses an older man, I think that other people's disapproval, and the labeling of such couples as "creepy", are motivated more by sour grapes than by anything else.

Like I said, I don't care if she's physically AND mentally a fully developed adult - that's usually not the case with a teen. A 16 year old with a 30 year old is creepy. A 50 year old with a 25 year old is a bit weird but not exactly creepy.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 1:01 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Like I said, I don't care if she's physically AND mentally a fully developed adult - that's usually not the case with a teen. A 16 year old with a 30 year old is creepy. A 50 year old with a 25 year old is a bit weird but not exactly creepy.

A 16-year-old is probably not in her breeding prime. Well, I don't know. A lot of them do start breeding by that age, and I think that a woman can get married at 16 in many jurisdictions. Not my area of expertise by any means. But, if the Law gives its nod, then fine. Who am I to judge?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 2:54 pm

Georges Moustaki's tribute to ephebophilia

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrhtMeh7R0[/youtube]

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 2:59 pm

And, Serge and Charlotte Gainsbourg's tribute to an even more forbidden form of love between the old and young.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnKt84AdUHA[/youtube]

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 4:09 pm

Cum to think of it, ephebophilia is widely romanticized in popular culture

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sybI6FiuKjk[/youtube]

And 16-year-old girls do seem to be a special interest for pervy-looking pop singers in long beards

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QChPG1rSOU0[/youtube]

As well as clean-cut guys in suits

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoOuTSBAWWA[/youtube]

Probably because 16-year-old girls are freshly available for legal consensual coitus. Deflowering one may be something of a dream in the collective male unconscious.