Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2014, 7:42 am

Solid evidence for heaven,hell,god,satan,and the such.that noah actually landed on a mountin.that the geological record is off. that is evidence,not opinion. not the bible. :mrgreen:

“Men passionately desire to live after death, but they often pass away without noticing the fact that the memory of a really good person always lives. It is impressed upon the next generation, and is transmitted again to the children. Is that not an immortality worth striving for? ”
― Pyotr Kropotkin, Memoirs of a Revolutionist

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 8:00 am

You won't find any...

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

02 Dec 2014, 8:06 am

exactly. :lol: *high five*

“Men passionately desire to live after death, but they often pass away without noticing the fact that the memory of a really good person always lives. It is impressed upon the next generation, and is transmitted again to the children. Is that not an immortality worth striving for? ”
― Pyotr Kropotkin, Memoirs of a Revolutionist

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 9:54 am

How many times does this topic need to be posted?

The religious will not debate faith-based beliefs using logic.

The non-religious will not gain any new faith-based perspectives outside of logic.

The discussion is meaningless. There are millions of other more interesting topics.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 10:26 am

Casuality (non-randomness) is some good evidence of purpose.

Science tells us that matter is programmed to follow order (chemistry,physics, biology ...), but who did the programming ?

Some atheists would have you believe that randomness created this order. However, that does not make sense to me.

This is also why Albert Einstein referred to a GOD. "God does not throw dice", "The old one" sets the rules ...

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 12:36 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Casuality (non-randomness) is some good evidence of purpose.

Science tells us that matter is programmed to follow order (chemistry,physics, biology ...), but who did the programming ?

Some atheists would have you believe that randomness created this order. However, that does not make sense to me.

This is also why Albert Einstein referred to a GOD. "God does not throw dice", "The old one" sets the rules ...

Poor Albert. People told him he was bright. He thought he could read God's mind and speak for him.

But it turns out he was wrong. :(

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 8:46 pm

Well the truth is one cannot read poetry literally and expect to learn anything OF DEEPER SUBSTANCE.

Heaven is a state of mind of NIRVANA AND bliss that human being can share if properly mastered through relative free will.

HELL is a state of mind of misery AND SUFFERING that human being can share if NOT PROPERLY mastered through relative free will.

Dark stuff per the DEVIL of LIFE happens in life and Light stuff happens in life THAT some folks refer to GOD as being ONE, which in this case means both.

Some folks cannot exclude dichotomy out of their way of thinking so they divide life into good and bad, and other abstract constructs of human morality LIKE METAPHORS OF GOD AND DEVIL.

TRULY THE ISSUE IS GAINING MASTERY OVER ONE'S MIND WITH ONE'S MIND.

NOT AN EASY THING TO DO, AND a substantial reason there is NOW so much human suffering in the world.

THIS IS possible for FOLKS who see life more than skin deep, per literal ways of thinking.

Human being is powered by emotion and not fact.

Facts are simply the scribe of GOD and that's a metaphor not a literal statement.

But almost impossible for folks to understand WHO cannot see deeper than skin deep.

But not totally impossible in my opinion, as I add Hope, Faith, Belief and Will of Emotions to the mix OF FULL HUMAN BEING LIFE that ARE REAL NATURAL EMOTIVE POWERS OF HUMAN BEING, REQUIRING ABSOLUTELY NO RELIGION OR NAME FOR A THREE LETTER WORD CALLED GOD.

THE KEY IS WHATEVER WORKS AND FOR SOME FOLKS RELIGION IS THE KEY.

THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE AND ALL THAT MATTERS NOW AND IN THE END PER WHATEVER THE HELL OR HEAVEN WORKS FOR EACH DIVERSE THINKING HUMAN BEING.

AND YES OF COURSE THE STORY OF NOAH IS MYTH AND NOT LITERAL FACT, however myths have been used as vehicles to carry truth in lessons of life as long as human being has been relating ways of success in life.

A Story that is a powerful emotional laden myth lives on, without the myth and powerful emotion it is boring and dies off.

That's just marketing science 101, and no reason the older generations shouldn't take advantage of what sales folks do today.

It takes a good story to sell a way of and TO life.

Same basic principle to sell a car.

IN fact GOD is like a used car per no guarantees, no warranty and no manual to figure out the special features, but some folks try their best to get the most out of their used car, per whatever it takes.

I'ved studied IT EXTENSIVELY IN REAL LIFE and my USED CAR IS RUNNING LIKE A FERRARI.

YEAH MY GOD IS NAMED FERRARI FOR NOW.

THAT'S A MUCH COOLER NAME FOR GOD THAN GOD.

TOMORROW IT MIGHT BE MERCEDES.

THAT'S UP TO ME, SO NAH, I DON'T GIVE FOLKS TOO MUCH FLACK FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN EITHER, PER WHATEVER WORKS FOR THEM. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 9:19 pm

Syd wrote:
How many times does this topic need to be posted?

The religious will not debate faith-based beliefs using logic.

The non-religious will not gain any new faith-based perspectives outside of logic.

The discussion is meaningless. There are millions of other more interesting topics.

Why? Because subconsciously someone out there is hoping someone will convince him or her of it.

God exists it just isn't a literal thingy.

When one overcomes that substantial roadblock, GOD is possible.

In other words we can create GOD or Leave GOD out of life.

But if I can prove GOD allows me to move metaphorical mountains, yeah I would be a big dummy to suggest that the concept of GOD in one's life does not work cause it does and I have irrefutable evidence of it.

Yeah, with the interdependent relationship of all that is AKA GOD, fully realized, and utilized, I can lift 810 LBS in a Nautilus PARALLEL Leg Press with my legs, and yes IRREFUTABLE evidence of 12 reps available upon request. TO TOP that off I am 54 and have the measured testosterone level of 277 like a 75-year-old man.

WITHOUT THE REALIZATION AND UTILIZATION OF the Interdependent Relationship of ALL THAT IS aka GOD I can barely lift my arms over my head after eating without passing out and am almost a complete shut-in like the Hunchback of Notre Dame for five long years of literal human hell, additionally with 19 total documented medical disorders including type two trigeminal neuralgia that is considered in medical literature as the worst pain known to mankind and yes it is like having teeth drilled without Novocain but in my case it was in my eye and ear.

So yeah, I'm a big cheerleader for GOD as the realization and utilization of the Interdependent Relationship of ALL that IS took me out of the life of JOB.

Funny how history repeats itself and reality is stranger than fiction as IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE, TO PARAPHRASE MARK TWAIN.

anthropic_principle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2014, 4:31 am

The thing is if any such evidence existed we would all know about it.
There would be an easy nobel prize for whoever proved god exists for instance.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 10:47 am

i think it's the saddest thing in the entire Universe as i am a compassionate person and not a cold hearted one..

But as far as i can see 'GOD' exists for some folks and not for others in anyway at all...

And yes been there done it...

So i know how cold that place can be......

God is not here to Prove GOD GOD just is.. and that is all it is...JUSTICE..

is what it is...AS IS.. AND we might as WELL accept it as is and do the best we can as is....

It truly doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out...

It takes emotion and feeling and instinct and intuition..

And not all folks can DO THAT.. SADLY AS THE TRUTH IS.....

BUT EVEN SADDER is there is no way out without the grace of what is....

So some wait so some refuse so some seek and so some DO find...

And when IT comes..

the LIGHT shines brighter than any dark before imaginable...

But the true issue is.. words and science alone cannot perceive GOD alone.....

And these words are only empty shells of nothing for those who cannot perceive deeper ways of life.....

With all due respect of course.. again.. cause i've been there and done the DARKNESS OF LIFE AS WELL...:)

AND AGAIN TOO.. language is only abstract structure and attempts to house the essence of existence.. it is the essence..

that is truth.. words at most and science too.. only approximate the full colors of what is true....

And humans as small as they are at the greatest in light they can be only see a tiny sliver of the LIGHT THAT IS.. with the un-aided and aided eye..

BOTH LITERALLY AND METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING.. AND PERCEIVING WITH EVERYTHING WE ARE...AS potential FULL HUMAN BEINGS...AS IS......we ARE STILL SQUINTING TO SEE ALL THAT IS.....

And some folks do learn to look at the Sun directly without fearing or being cynical of the light...but do not try this at home.....as it is metaphor and not literal speak.. if 'you' will..:)

Last edited by aghogday on 03 Dec 2014, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 10:57 am

anthropic_principle wrote:
The thing is if any such evidence existed we would all know about it.
There would be an easy nobel prize for whoever proved god exists for instance.

Well.. there's always that next Nobel prize...;)

And still time as long as folks try......