Christian BEATS his daughter to death for mispronunciation.

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2015, 3:53 am

slave wrote:
Again the deep love and compassion of the Christ is manifest in the lives of His servants.

This couple had RESCUED 3 children from Liberia and adopted them, to add to their family of 6 biological children.

The wife (allegedly) held down the child as her husband (allegedly) beat her for hours until she died.

Another Liberian child was also (allegedly) beaten in like manner and is in critical condition.

full story at CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/da-kevin-and-elizabeth-schatz-killed-daughter-with-religious-whips-for-mispronouncing-word/

They were just following the Biblical recommendation apparently.

The article makes reference to this book(i believe) as well http://nogreaterjoy.org/shop/to-train-up-a-child-book

"The best child-training manual ever written says, “The rod and reproof give wisdom” (Proverbs 29:15)."

"Biblical training will incorporate the principle of the rod as a reinforcement to parental commands."

"I am sorry the psychologists and secular child advocates don’t get it...."

"We obey God in applying the rod of training, not because we are gullible and blind religious fools, but because the Word of God has made us wise beyond our secular peers. We know what is good for our children. We know it from experience, our own and the experience of our forefathers who walked in wisdom applying the rod of correction to our backsides. Some of us don’t remember any of the much-talked-about “cruel beatings” that are attributed to our “strong disciplinarian” forefathers.....Since our Heavenly Father chastens us (Hebrews 12), could we do otherwise than to emulate his child-training methods?"

I will pray that our Heavenly Father will use his wisdom and omnipotence to see to it that they are both sodomized against their will in prison. :mrgreen:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 4:02 am

Orangez wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Don't blame Christianity for it. Blame crazy for it, cause that's what caused it. It's the same with 9/11, that wasn't because of Islam, that was because of crazy. When crazy people get involved in a religion, any religion, if they are the right kind of crazy and crazy enough, then they are likely to misinterpret something in it and do something horrible because of it.

Just because somebody uses a religion to do something bad, it doesn't mean the religion is bad. Also, before you start bringing up parts of the Bible and the Koran where it says to kill somebody or keep somebody as a slave or what have you, remember the times it was written it, and the context of the verse itself. Also, remember that most people who are members of whatever religion it is, live their lives everyday without deciding to strictly follow that particular verse. Most people use common sense.

How can one not blame christian when the bible says "All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)." Enjoy your stay in hell, heathen.

The context of those laws should be taken into consideration, also what the whole Bible says as well. I'm not Christian, although I was raised as one and am Catholic "on paper" and such but don't go. I'm actually Pagan and have been for years. Most Christians I know use common sense for most of it, although a whole lot of them are fixated on the Levitical law about same sex sex. Of course a lot of them don't wear the proper beards and wear mixed fabric clothing and eat shellfish, but most do use common sense about major crimes such as murder.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 4:06 am

slave wrote:
Again the deep love and compassion of the Christ is manifest in the lives of His servants.

If they had been black, would you have tried to blame it on their race?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 4:10 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
slave wrote:

This couple had RESCUED 3 children from Liberia and adopted them, to add to their family of 6 biological children.

The wife (allegedly) held down the child as her husband (allegedly) beat her for hours until she died.

Another Liberian child was also (allegedly) beaten in like manner and is in critical condition.

full story at CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/da-kevin-and-elizabeth-schatz-killed-daughter-with-religious-whips-for-mispronouncing-word/

The article makes reference to this book(i believe) as well http://nogreaterjoy.org/shop/to-train-up-a-child-book

"The best child-training manual ever written says, “The rod and reproof give wisdom” (Proverbs 29:15)."

"Biblical training will incorporate the principle of the rod as a reinforcement to parental commands."

"We obey God in applying the rod of training, not because we are gullible and blind religious fools, but because the Word of God has made us wise beyond our secular peers. We know what is good for our children. We know it from experience, our own and the experience of our forefathers who walked in wisdom applying the rod of correction to our backsides. Some of us don’t remember any of the much-talked-about “cruel beatings” that are attributed to our “strong disciplinarian” forefathers.....Since our Heavenly Father chastens us (Hebrews 12), could we do otherwise than to emulate his child-training methods?"

I will pray that our Heavenly Father will use his wisdom and omnipotence to see to it that they are both sodomized against their will in prison. :mrgreen:

I don't understand the concept of revenge very well. We send people to prison as punishment, not for punishment. Everyone in prison should be as free from assaults as we can reasonably provide them.

Wishing assaults on them by other prisoners shows your character to be little better than theirs.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2015, 4:23 am

OliveOilMom wrote:

The context of those laws should be taken into consideration, also what the whole Bible says as well. I'm not Christian, although I was raised as one and am Catholic "on paper" and such but don't go. I'm actually Pagan and have been for years. Most Christians I know use common sense for most of it, although a whole lot of them are fixated on the Levitical law about same sex sex. Of course a lot of them don't wear the proper beards and wear mixed fabric clothing and eat shellfish, but most do use common sense about major crimes such as murder.

Therefore, they are going to hell as they are not following god's word by their own belief. Is it too hard to ask for logical consistence? If one wants to believe in their so called god one has to take the good with the bad. Hence, they are saying that they have a superior morality than god? Is that not a sin? How can one be better than the perfect being?

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 4:36 am

Orangez wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Therefore, they are going to hell as they are not following god's word by their own belief. Is it too hard to ask for logical consistence? If one wants to believe in their so called god one has to take the good with the bad. Hence, they are saying that they have a superior morality than god? Is that not a sin? How can one be better than the perfect being?

Er no, the requirements to wear beards, and not eat shellfish or wear mixed fabric clothing were part of the Mosiac Law, Jesus ended the Mosiac law and told Christians they must no longer follow it.
As for hell though, well everyone goes to hell, even Jesus went to hell, it means "the Grave".

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 5:21 am

Jesus never said you could eat shellfish or pork. That was a dream Peter had.

I find it odd the Christianity gives validity, to random dreams ans revelations, like the book of revelation for one, which nobody has any idea who wrote, or why it hold such sinificance.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 6:06 am

Orangez wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Most people think God wants them to use their common sense. The New Testament also talks about how some of the stuff in the Old Testament doesn't have to be followed. People don't usually think that they have to follow every little bit of everything. They also believe that God is forgiving. Also, many denominations differ from each other about what they follow and how much importance they give to the Old Testament, and even sects within denominations differ.

I don't think everybody applies your dogmatic views to their dogma ;-)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 7:23 am

0_equals_true wrote:

I find it odd the Christianity gives validity, to random dreams ans revelations, like the book of revelation for one, which nobody has any idea who wrote, or why it hold such sinificance.

I remember reading once that Revelations is one of a number of similar writings from that time period.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 7:27 am

eric76 wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

I remember reading once that Revelations is one of a number of similar writings from that time period.

So is the story of Jesus and the resurection.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 7:34 am

Orangez wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Don't blame Christianity for it. Blame crazy for it, cause that's what caused it. It's the same with 9/11, that wasn't because of Islam, that was because of crazy. When crazy people get involved in a religion, any religion, if they are the right kind of crazy and crazy enough, then they are likely to misinterpret something in it and do something horrible because of it. Just because somebody uses a religion to do something bad, it doesn't mean the religion is bad. Also, before you start bringing up parts of the Bible and the Koran where it says to kill somebody or keep somebody as a slave or what have you, remember the times it was written it, and the context of the verse itself. Also, remember that most people who are members of whatever religion it is, live their lives everyday without deciding to strictly follow that particular verse. Most people use common sense.
How can one not blame christian when the bible says "All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)." Enjoy your stay in hell, heathen.
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." -- Jesus, as quoted by Matthew (Matt 7:1-5)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm

eric76 wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
slave wrote:

I don't understand the concept of revenge very well. We send people to prison as punishment, not for punishment. Everyone in prison should be as free from assaults as we can reasonably provide them.

Wishing assaults on them by other prisoners shows your character to be little better than theirs.

The concept of revenge is to impose a cost on people who do bad things to you and others. It's very game theoretic. If people who do things like this aren't made to suffer, then they will feel vindicated by their choices.

Contrary to popular belief, in cases like this 2 wrongs do make a right.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 5:25 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
The concept of revenge is to impose a cost on people who do bad things to you and others. It's very game theoretic. If people who do things like this aren't made to suffer, then they will feel vindicated by their choices.

There is one problem with this: it doesn't work on fanatics. You cannot deter suicide bombers with the death penalty. These bible-thumper people are probably irrational anyway, so nothing will deter them from being stupid as*holes. I say sacrifice them to the Aztec gods or whatever.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 8:52 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
eric76 wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
slave wrote:

Being imprisoned for the rest of their lives isn't punishment?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 8:57 pm

One thing to remember about prisons is that most people in prison are going to be released some day.

How do you want them to come out? Do you want them to be gladiators ready to take what they want from the rest of us? Or do you want them to come out at least no worse than when they went in and hopefully much better with skills that they can make an honest living at and ready to lead an honest life?

To just try to turn prison into a place where you have to be a gladiator to survive is extremely short sighted. All it really does is make sure that the vast majority are far more violent coming out then when they went in and more likely to continue doing the types of things that got them there in the first place.

And all because people like you want revenge instead of justice.