usa is mass-killing people and nobody cares

Page 9 of 11 [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 11:15 am

Quote:
There are all sort of blogs an articles you can look up online regarding selfish behaviour. Google.

Probably the biggest example of what I'm talking of is how the Chinese officials, and families have behaved in response to MH370. They have behaved appallingly almost to to the extent that other victim of other nationalities don't matter, or are not important. They have tried to use bullying tactic to get that they want. Yet in fact they haven't done all that much to help. It is all image of outrage, and not real substance.

Personally I think part reason for this attitude, is the starvation caused by the “Great Leap Forward” fostered an every man for themselves attitude, to an extreme level.

Also Chinese are taught to self-censor on certain historical points and this is surprisingly effective. In a culture, where a particular image of China and the cultural revolution is important. Image become more important than reality. Even though they are no longer following Maoism, they cannot admit mistakes of the past. If you cannot admit mistakes, you cannot be wrong, and you cannot learn from your experiences. I think this contributes to selfishness, because despite lack of cooperation, questioning culture as result of the education they receive is a big no-no.

One of the myths about Tienanmen sq was it was pro-democracy protest. The number of pro-democracy protester were actually in a minority. It was actually a anti-corruption, and anti-reforms protest. These were people looking for a less selfish attitude. The problem is Chinese hsitory cannot be wrong, especially for those that write it.

[/quote]

I hate when people just simply tell me to just to use Google. I could look it up myself. One problem! There is a lot misinformation out there and apparently you pointed out a misconception. You're saying that Tienanmen sq wasn't a pro-democracy protest. How do I verify either view? How do I know your view is correct?

Apparently the Brontosaurus never existed. http://www.npr.org/2012/12/09/166665795 ... en-existed

So, go figure.

How does one verify truth from error if there is so much misinformation on the internet?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 11:35 am

0_equals_true wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
I would recommend googling 'Joe Dresnok'. You will see its far more nuanced that you think. I read an article a while back about a couple of South Korean citizens who sought refuge in the North to get away from crippling poverty on their own side. Not defending North Korea but i think our governments and media tell as many lies about them as theirs tell about us.

That is a big ask, have you heard their average news reports? Or how they describe their leaders?

I think I trust this man account better:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Robert_Jenkins

The basis for North Korea is it is at war. That is how they justify the conditions, people live under. So any time they are ignored they have to generate conflict.

Even China is fed up with them.

Just because one man may or may not live like a prince in North Korea, doesn’t justify how their treat their people.

If there wasn’t such an issue there, NK wouldn't try so hard to keep what goes on there secret.
I
Its alright thomas is a big fan of Kim Jong Un.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 11:38 am

I'm saying it wasn’t only a pro-democracy movement, it was in part a pro-democracy and you could say for the intellectuals point of view it was mostly form that standpoint.

However much of it was general decent. You could say that in protesting they are in fact acting in a democratic ideal, so in that sense it is all pro-democratic. However many people had little concept of full democracy, they hadn't grown up under it. They had a experienced a degree of liberalisation, both positive and negative effects.

So this is a historical analysis and my opinion. I just think that point has been overplayed especially the US/European idea of democracy.

I think the HK protest are somewhat different this time round, because they had had more awareness.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 11:41 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Its alright thomas is a big fan of Kim Jong Un.

I doubt it.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 3:13 pm

My PREFERENCE??

My preference would be that there was NO WORLD POWER.

I would prefer that the world be a planet shared by a confederation of equals who do as they need to do, live and let live, and don't worry too much about "world powers" unless some as*hole bent on creating a "world power" rises up...

...in which case the rest of us band together, muster our collective capability, attempt to talk sense and reason into them, and if that fails, crush that sick megalomaniacal son-of-a-bitch, mourn the dead, clean up the mess, and get back to the business of living life as usual.

No, I'm no longer naïve enough to believe that's going to HAPPEN, EVER, but someone did ask the question about what we'd PREFER to have.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 3:33 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:
My PREFERENCE??

I would prefer that the world be a planet shared by a confederation of equals who do as they need to do, live and let live, and don't worry too much about "world powers" unless some as*hole bent on creating a "world power" rises up...

...in which case the rest of us band together, muster our collective capability, attempt to talk sense and reason into them, and if that fails, crush that sick megalomaniacal son-of-a-bitch, mourn the dead, clean up the mess, and get back to the business of living life as usual.

No, I'm no longer naïve enough to believe that's going to HAPPEN, EVER, but someone did ask the question about what we'd PREFER to have.

Unfortunately in even such an ideal world, someone by either ambition or necessity would emerge in a powerful leadership role. It's only human nature.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 4:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
BuyerBeware wrote:
My PREFERENCE??

Unfortunately in even such an ideal world, someone by either ambition or necessity would emerge in a powerful leadership role. It's only human nature.

I don't object to having leaders. Households have leaders, families have leaders, communities have leaders. MOST OF THE TIME, they don't try to dominate, crush, or use the threat of force to compel other households, families, or communities to do things in their way or to act as a colonial servant.

I object to having powers, like Hitler's "Aryan State" or the USSR or the British Empire or China or the USA (or what some Christians or ISI___ would like their religion to be), that can and will use their might to arm-twist, exploit, and force compliance.

Yes, there would always be the odd as*holes who want to set something like that up, with themselves at the helm. And yes, a coalition of "the rest of us" would, likely as not, end up being led by another one, who would not relinquish power when the initiating as*hole had been dealt with.

And then there's all those petty two-bit warlords. Mugabe and his ilk. They're just the same as*holes, only without control of an empire powerful enough to fulfill their delusions of grandeur.

I don't believe it could ever actually happen (or last for more than a brief little while if it did). But, if we're discussing matters of PREFERENCE...

For that matter, under a USA superpower the world's as close to that as it's been in all the history I can recall reading. Maybe since H. sapiens was a bunch of hunter-gatherer bands who had the luxury of settling disputes by simply moving on.

Shauna88
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Feb 2015, 5:42 pm

I am not from the US but I think the reason why many people complain about the US is because it sits at the helm of the worlds power. There are many countries with much more violence, horrible social policies and blatant racism but they aren't nearly as influential. The United States is still the most powerful country in the world which is why it is a target of criticism for it's policies and decisions.

The one thing that really unsettled me about the US is that religious people were able to influence political policies which impeded medical research (stem cell) which I found appalling. Religion has no business in politics.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm

Shauna88 wrote:
I am not from the US but I think the reason why many people complain about the US is because it sits at the helm of the worlds power. There are many countries with much more violence, horrible social policies and blatant racism but they aren't nearly as influential. The United States is still the most powerful country in the world which is why it is a target of criticism for it's policies and decisions.

The one thing that really unsettled me about the US is that religious people were able to influence political policies which impeded medical research (stem cell) which I found appalling. Religion has no business in politics.

Trust me, plenty of us Americans agree with you concerning religious nuts influencing policy and politics.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
News Flash! World War Two ended 70 years ago!

Anyone who fought in that war is likely in his or her eighties, if they're still alive at all.

So blaming America for dropping the first atomic bomb is like blaming Germany for the Shoah (Holocaust) - pointless, since if a trial were to be held for those who gave the orders, there wouldn't be anyone to arrest and try!

You are blaming dead people for something that occurred long before you were even born!

:roll:

So because the people who made the decision and carried it out are dead that means the blame magically falls somewhere else aside from on the people who committed the act? I mean certainly not worth anyone getting their panties in a bunch since its history and nothing can be done about it....but it is still a fact the people who decided to drop the bomb and the ones who carried it out are technically to blame for making that decision as they are the ones who made it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
America is in charge.

Deal with it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:40 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Here in the USA, they will simply:

1. Ostracize you.
2. Say things like "Deal with it."
3. Not care about you.
4. Say there is no free lunch.
5. You're envious of the rich

and so on and on...

In other places like North Korea they will do three things

1. Torture you.
2. Imprison you.
3. Kill you.

Using Dante's Inferno as analogy

We have a choice of the 1st Circle of Hell or the 8th Circle of Hell. So, choose your hell.

Another analogy: It's a choice between Kang and Kodos on the Simpsons. Kang wants to enslave and Kodos wants to commit genocide. If one has only a choice between Kang and Kodos what do you pick.

I like how whenever people try defending 'america is the best' they always choose the country with the worst possible system they can think of to compare the U.S with, as if there is absolutely countries within the middle ground.

There are numerous countries that are superior to North Korea as far as how citizens are treated and what freedoms/rights people have. Why not compare the U.S to say Iceland, Norway, Germany or any of the pretty well developed European countries?..Afraid people might realize the rest of the world is not all bad? and that the U.S actually does worse in some areas than other nations?

Also isn't the U.S guilty of torture, imprisonment and killing if we really want to get technical...hell for some non-violent drug offenses the minimum 'mandatory' sentence is 20 years in prison, seems there have been quite a lot of cases of police shooting people to death lately even a teenage girl in my state, and the cops in my state are also currently being sued for purposely tripping a pregnant woman while attempting to beat up her boyfriend while they had him in custody.

But I guess since there are places that are worse, these silly non-issues don't need to be addressed at all. :roll:

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 9:27 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

1. Ostracize you.
3. Not care about you.

and so on and on...

1. Torture you.
2. Imprison you.
3. Kill you.

We have a choice of the 1st Circle of Hell or the 8th Circle of Hell. So, choose your hell.

Another analogy: It's a choice between Kang and Kodos on the Simpsons. Kang wants to enslave and Kodos wants to commit genocide. If one has only a choice between Kang and Kodos what do you pick.

I like how whenever people try defending 'america is the best' they always choose the country with the worst possible system they can think of to compare the U.S with, as if there is absolutely countries within the middle ground.

There are numerous countries that are superior to North Korea as far as how citizens are treated and what freedoms/rights people have. Why not compare the U.S to say Iceland, Norway, Germany or any of the pretty well developed European countries?..Afraid people might realize the rest of the world is not all bad? and that the U.S actually does worse in some areas than other nations?

Also isn't the U.S guilty of torture, imprisonment and killing if we really want to get technical...hell for some non-violent drug offenses the minimum 'mandatory' sentence is 20 years in prison, seems there have been quite a lot of cases of police shooting people to death lately even a teenage girl in my state, and the cops in my state are also currently being sued for purposely tripping a pregnant woman while attempting to beat up her boyfriend while they had him in custody.

But I guess since there are places that are worse, these silly non-issues don't need to be addressed at all. :roll:

I was being facetious.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 8:43 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
News Flash! World War Two ended 70 years ago!

Anyone who fought in that war is likely in his or her eighties, if they're still alive at all.

So blaming America for dropping the first atomic bomb is like blaming Germany for the Shoah (Holocaust) - pointless, since if a trial were to be held for those who gave the orders, there wouldn't be anyone to arrest and try!

You are blaming dead people for something that occurred long before you were even born!

So because the people who made the decision and carried it out are dead that means the blame magically falls somewhere else aside from on the people who committed the act? I mean certainly not worth anyone getting their panties in a bunch since its history and nothing can be done about it....but it is still a fact the people who decided to drop the bomb and the ones who carried it out are technically to blame for making that decision as they are the ones who made it.

It's good to remember such events, so that we can learn from mans mistakes. That's why Remembrance Day and Memorial Day are observed around the world. It's good to discuss historical events, even if they happened before our time. Than again, there are present minded people.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 8:46 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

America - Love it or Leave it!

America, leave it indeed.

America the home of free opinions, as long as its the right one. :lol:

I prefer Canada to be honest. 8)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 10:32 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:

1. Ostracize you.
3. Not care about you.

and so on and on...

1. Torture you.
2. Imprison you.
3. Kill you.

I was being facetious.

Even so it is a trend I've noticed...I wish people would stop randomly doing that in threads though, its confusing...lol for me anyways.