America Stand For Freedom NOT to Assimilate!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 8:13 pm

This godawful show Amish Mafia airs again tonight and me and a friend were discussing it. I have boycotted it primarily as I see it as a feeble attempt at provocation and doubt the stars are real Amish since Amish do not typically seek attention and being in front of the camera.
My friend wanted me to watch it I said flat out NO to that and then I started lecturing my friend on how the ones the show generalizes as "the English" are actually the ones who have gone to war time and time again to keep groups like the Amish free so they can go about their isolated ways doing what they want to do without people trying to change them every time they take a breath. Then I realized that's what America is all about. Freedom NOT to assimilate.

Correct?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 9:29 pm

Anglish! That is over the top even for here. Tell the 500 Nations how you protected them.
Tell the Mennoites who walked away naked from everything they had built, when you taxed them.

Now we should be grateful you place yourself above God?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 9:35 pm

Inventor wrote:
Anglish! That is over the top even for here. Tell the 500 Nations how you protected them.
Tell the Mennoites who walked away naked from everything they had built, when you taxed them.

Now we should be grateful you place yourself above God?

Amish do not fight for the freedom of America, whom they call "the English" are the ones who do. It is against Amish beliefs and creed to fight for their land. They believe in praying everything away. The English aren't actually real Anglos. The Amish lump everyone but themselves into a category they use the catchall phrase "the English" to describe. Doesn't matter if they are actual anglos. It's everyone but them.
Americans who fight for freedom are the ones that allow the Amish lifestyle to exist and if we deny anyone the right to not assimilate, including the Amish, we are, in fact, denying the freedoms we go to war to preserve and protect. People have given up their lives for such ideals.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 9:36 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
America Stand For Freedom NOT To Assimilate!
Freedom is Irrelevant. Resistance is Futile.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

LocksAndLiqueur
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2015, 3:40 pm

Theoretically America is about freedom. In practice, it's about as flawed as most other developed nations. There are certain liberties that people in Canada or England have that Americans don't and vice versa. There are certin probems that those countries have that America doesn't but there are also problems America has that they don't.

For example, gun rights are a big deal in the U.S. However, for all that talk about the right to bear arms, there are certain firearms that a Canadian can own that an American can not. One example of this would be a 10" shotgun. There are parts of Canada where owning a shotgun that short is legal (though I personally have always thought sawn off shotguns were stupid because the shot leaves the barrel before all the powder burns, taking away a lot of the power. Also, the fact that a sawn off doesn't have a choke severely limits its versatility. There are other reasons that I won't get into here, but in general it's one of those things that I just don't see the hype about). Conversely, in most parts of the U.S. it's legal for anybody who's not a criminal or mentally il to own an AR-15 with 30 round standard capacity magazines. However, I'm not aware of a single place in Canada or England where that's legal.

Gay marriage on the other hand is legal nationwide in Canada wile it;s only legal in certain parts of the U.S. In all three countries, laws pertaining to canabis are really freaking weird, with al sorts of weird exceptions and restrictions that don't make much sense at all. Personally, I'd like to live in a place where guns, ganja and gay marriage are all acceptable as well as pretty much anything that doesn't involve someone doing something deliberately aggressive or coercive. That's just my opinion though

In short, I don't think America has more freedom than certain other developed nations, just different freedoms. I also don't think most Americans hold freedom in very high regard. Freedom of speech for example is taken very seriously in France, but in America it only exists in theory.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 5:04 pm

The freedom of the amish could be shut down pretty easily these days.

They could take all the children away because they are not being vaccinated.
They could say that teaching the bible to the kids is anti-gay and start legislating their schools.
The FDA could go there and decide they are being dangerous by drinking unpasteurised milk.

Many, if not most americans believe that the state should be involved in these types of issues.