Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 4:39 pm

True or false?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 4:45 pm

And...it would be so cool if there were species somewhere in the universe who have evolved to the point they only communicate through design. It's very pragmatic when you consider this.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 4:49 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 4:56 pm

I watched a crochet video since I am in the process of mastering complicated techniques in creating motifs and this video was in Russian. Well, I do not speak fluent Russian. I watched the video, which is of a woman's hands and crochet hook creating this pattern with the yarn and I discovered it doesn't matter if she is speaking Russian or Swahili. As long as I can see her hands, the hook and the yarn, I can do what she is doing!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm

What do you mean by "by design"?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 6:54 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I watched a crochet video since I am in the process of mastering complicated techniques in creating motifs and this video was in Russian. Well, I do not speak fluent Russian. I watched the video, which is of a woman's hands and crochet hook creating this pattern with the yarn and I discovered it doesn't matter if she is speaking Russian or Swahili. As long as I can see her hands, the hook and the yarn, I can do what she is doing!

Thats interesting because back when I took archeology/anthropology course there was much speculation about the subject of at what point in the evolution of stone age technology you need language to learn it:lower paleolithic? middle paleolithic? Upper paleolithic? The French researcher Francois Bordes actually tried to test it by getting living people to learn to make stone tools without language. Dont know what the results were. But apparently something a complex as crocheting can be learned by watching only, and without understanding speech.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 11:11 pm

traven wrote:

True and

SOME
THINGS

never change..;)

The rhythm is GONNA GET YOU!..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 7:28 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Design is the universal language. True or false?
False. It's mathematics and science.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 8:44 am

Fnord wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Design is the universal language. True or false?
False. It's mathematics and science.

Nope.. Mathematics and Science are human abstract constructs..

While humans can abstractly construct a formula for PHI or a Complex metaphorical verbal phrase named the Golden Spiral, this repeated design throughout nature can be observed and repeated WITHOUT math, science, culture, collective recorded intelligence, complex written human language OR WITHOUT frigging human nature at all..

Common fallacy.. Anthopomorphizing the rest of nature....with human abstract concepts...

Scientists and preachers are known to do it too...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick