A lot of talking about a portrait of Bobby Jindal's

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 10:22 pm

They say that his "official" portrait looks Caucasian, but that was not actually his official portrait. TheHill blog clears things up here:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... k-like-him

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 10:27 pm

This is his official photograph with his actual official portrait:

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 7:23 am

I think it's a perfectly good likeness. What a tempest in a teapot.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 2:22 pm

Not really a perfect likeness. His eyes are too close together, and the bridge of his nose is a little too narrow.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Feb 2015, 8:04 pm

The Hill seems to use the darkest possible picture they could find of him, possibly retouching it even. This is something websites, magazines, whatever news outlet seem to like to do a lot.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 8:36 pm

Jacoby wrote:
The Hill seems to use the darkest possible picture they could find of him, possibly retouching it even. This is something websites, magazines, whatever news outlet seem to like to do a lot.

My guess is that discrepancies in skin color in different photographs are likely to be due to the seasons. During the winter, when the official photograph (above in this thread) was probably taken (probably right around when he took office on a January day), his skin would be lighter, but during the summer, his skin would be darker.

Reminds me of Chibi Maruko Chan. During the summer episodes, Maruko's skin tends to be a bit darker than that during episodes that take place in the other seasons.

TheHill I find to be a pretty reliable source. Prior to reading TheHill, a whole bunch of websites were claiming that one picture that made Jindal looked really white was the "official" portrait. TheHill cleared that up, saying, basically, no, it's not.