Are we entitled to happiness, or even survival?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

B19
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 9:47 pm

Yes, very under-rated, must add her to my "inspiring people" thread :)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 1:05 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:
What about the little African child who is starving? Does he deserve happiness? Does he deserve survival?

Deserving something and being entitled to something are two very different things. Of course he deserves happiness and foot, but he is only entitled to get it from his parents who are bound to take care of him until he's old enough to take care of himself, and then the obligation ends.

I'm not suggesting that we stop giving people things they aren't entitled to, I'm just wondering who all here feels that people are entitled to things we don't earn or not.

why do parents owe kids? they didn't ask to have kids so seems the kid is fair play. pleanty of animals abandon/force out their young. you some how think children are entitled to life and happiness but when they turn 18 aren't they either are entitled to things as a human or not age shouldn't have any play in it. back in the old days children worked or died starting when they could be used for labor. they use to go out on there own at ages of 10-13.

another issue I have is what is earned. if I go out and mug someone I did a task to get the money so it is earned as in labor/work put in to get money. start going down the no ones entitled to anything and you going get anarcy. take what you want f*** anyone else. laws basically set out people are entitled to what they work for so you can't take it, but if no entitlements then everything is fair game.

one hasn't always been entilted to what they earned. use to be ok for nobles or knights to just take it when they wanted.
one could dual for stuff etc.

entitlements exist just some are more liked the others.