Atheist kills muslims and Gun Control a bad thing?

Page 10 of 19 [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 9:26 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Uh huh. It's just by coincidence that your independent thoughts resemble statements of the gun lobby, and that of the right for blasting the poor having it too easy in their social "hammocks."

That's rich, I don't think I've ever seen an original political opinion from you in all your years on this forum, and yet here you are accusing someone else of parroting talking points, someone who has shown significant political evolution over the years even. Do you really have so little self awareness, or is it intentional?

Well, if Raptor can have original thoughts similar to others, so can I. Or does that rule only apply to conservatives and libertarians?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 9:33 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\. In other words, we mainstream conservatives need to be more (not less) homophobic to meet your view of mainstream conservatism......

No, I'm saying that conservatives aren't getting as open minded as your national leadership claims.

I didn't know I followed any national leadership.

But conservative national leaders expect you to.

I'm not as blindly partisan as you are. I actually think on my own.

Uh huh. It's just by coincidence that your independent thoughts resemble statements of the gun lobby, and that of the right for blasting the poor having it too easy in their social "hammocks
."

I was a gun nut before I was aware of any gun lobby. And my support of a social safety net is well known on this forum. Typically, it's the ones lounging on it under whatever slacker's excuse that get all butthurt when I say I have an issue with people using it as a hammock.

Then they must have been projecting ideas into your noggin. :lol:
And if I may, you've talked much more about the alleged hammock than about a safety net. And it's funny how in the eyes of conservatives, even the most deserving end up cast as slackers.

No, I usually state that I'm in favor of a social safety net but not a hammock or words to that effect. It's only the ones lounging on the social safety net that get all butthurt out of a deep sense of guilt and shame......

And who decides who's who? Usually, conservatives and libertarians are the ones who cast doubt on what constitutes the needy, whether they really are needy or not. Rand Paul recently called people on disability for anxiety "con artists." While it's a well known fact that autism denial is common among conservatives such as Michael Savage, claiming a belt should be taken to autistic kids. I have little hope that they advocate for public assistance to autistics.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 10:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Uh huh. It's just by coincidence that your independent thoughts resemble statements of the gun lobby, and that of the right for blasting the poor having it too easy in their social "hammocks."

That's rich, I don't think I've ever seen an original political opinion from you in all your years on this forum, and yet here you are accusing someone else of parroting talking points, someone who has shown significant political evolution over the years even. Do you really have so little self awareness, or is it intentional?

Well, if Raptor can have original thoughts similar to others, so can I. Or does that rule only apply to conservatives and libertarians?

I think it's safe to say that you've never demonstrated a willingness to think outside a certain political box here.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 10:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
And who decides who's who? Usually, conservatives and libertarians are the ones who cast doubt on what constitutes the needy, whether they really are needy or not. Rand Paul recently called people on disability for anxiety "con artists." While it's a well known fact that autism denial is common among conservatives such as Michael Savage, claiming a belt should be taken to autistic kids. I have little hope that they advocate for public assistance to autistics.

How did we get to autism here? Besides, I'm on the spectrum and I work. Do I have anxiety issues? YES, but I suck it up and soldier on anyways. I don't know who Michael Savage is but I guess your a big fan....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 12:14 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How did we get to autism here? Besides, I'm on the spectrum and I work. Do I have anxiety issues? YES, but I suck it up and soldier on anyways. I don't know who Michael Savage is but I guess your a big fan....

No, not a fan of Michael Savage; just the opposite. You seriously have never heard of Michael Savage, and hadn't ever heard of Stormfront before coming to WP - do you live isolated from the rest of humanity, as in a cave, perhaps? You have heard of Rush Limbaugh, right?
As for sucking it up and soldiering on through autism and anxiety - good for you. But not everyone else is so lucky, especially since there are degrees of any disorder. By the way, does that mean you think other people with autistic and anxiety disorders shouldn't get public assistance?
As for me allegedly having never thought outside the liberal political box - those are my beliefs and values. I think it's more a matter of you and Dox disapproving of those beliefs and values.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 10:18 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Hmm.. sucking up anxiety and soldiering on.. is not a plan for a long life.. as science NOW shows that chronic anxiety also known as stress CAN lead to an earlier death...

i used to suck IT up too.. until i learned HOW TO TOTALLY ELIMINATE IT through what some conservatives might consider as woo.. also known AS mind and body balance through the enhancement of physical intelligence through arts like martial arts and ballet.. that CAN REGULATE emotions that lead to anxiety AND enhancing physical intelligence leads to SENSORY INTEGRATION.. and improves cognitive executive functioning including enhanced focus and short term working memory.. Ha HA! aka as the remediation or CURE FOR some forms of Autism.....at least the clinical symptoms...

Just a suggestion.. that's all.. as chronic anxiety AKA stress all sucked up CAN KILL, AS BOTH LIBERAL AND CONSERVATIVE SCIENCE NOW SHOWS....

Being alive is much cooler than sucking it up... and so-called soldiering on..Trust me.... or NOT...;)

Soldiers with anxiety often eventually end up with PTSD or worse...

But anyway.. at least you are not such a 'tough' guy that you cannot honestly admit your weakness...

And anxiety is the greatest weakness of any human being.. to achieve a successful life.. on or off of a hammock.. or social welfare net......

In the end.. its not worth it.. PERIOD.. EYES WIDE AWAKE or TOTALLY closed.........

TRULY TOUGH GUYS GET HELP AND REMEDIATION.. for anxiety.. and DO NOT take the weak way out.. of just ignoring the problem and sucking it up......

Again.. take it with a grain of salt if you like.. or totally ignore it.. your will.. not mine.........

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Feb 2015, 10:44 am

Raptor lives in a box, cut off from the world and everyone else's political views. That's why he's always parroting the political views of talking heads.

You can't have it both ways.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 11:24 am

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/10/21/michael-savages-disgusting-rant-ptsd-and-depres/201248

And speaking of Michael Savage he has a similar philosophy.. per the Autism Thingy.. in his radio show ivory tower.. separated from the REAL WORLD and HE believes that folks with PTSD and Depression.. EVEN folks who fight for our military.. WITH these mental disorders.. are weak cry babies.. etc...

But Michael Savage doesn't fool me one bit...

Michael Savage IS once a "San Francisco flower child'.. and at 5 Foot 4 or so.. suffers from an urban version of what the locals in my red state area name as LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030725033955/http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/television/6336570.htm

All the PHD's in the world will not eliminate Michael Savage's 'Napoleon Syndrome'.. as they cannot make him grow taller.

IN Other words.. he is a little man and suggesting that other folks are not as tough as he.. makes him a bigger man in the legend that is his own mind....

i 'play' with 'that' with folks who do 'that'...but IT is as transparent as the glass OF A mirror to me.. after being 'both' a RELATIVELY fragile looking male youth.. totally and so-called permanently disabled with shut-in disease later.. and an extremely strong older and yes.. technically.. relatively speaking.. big man...for now... and WHO Knows.. "WILL SEE what comes next WILL BE", as i've seen enough change in my life.. to live life.. as change....

It's human nature.. the easiest thing of all to understand.. once one understands that humankind are just primates.. and nothing more but abstract concepts.....

And what does ALL OF THIS this have to do with the topic at hand...

People with big guns who kill innocent folks.. often suffer from LITTLE MAN SYNDROME... happens all the time..... JUST HUMAN NATURE.. in all its ugly glory that can come up.. at times.. for people without mind and body balance... aka animal homeostasis...

Calm folks don't kill..... most of the time.. at least....

Too bad the killer didn't get more involved in Yoga or martial arts.. or even ballet.. than collecting guns......

That could have saved three lives...

PRICELESS.....!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 12:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No, not a fan of Michael Savage; just the opposite. You seriously have never heard of Michael Savage, and hadn't ever heard of Stormfront before coming to WP - do you live isolated from the rest of humanity, as in a cave, perhaps? You have heard of Rush Limbaugh, right?

The name Michael Savage is not at all familiar to me and I'm not going to even bother to google it. I have heard of Rush Limbaugh, of course, and even heard a few of his radio broadcasts though it's been a long time. Glenn Beck and Shawn Hannity are the only other ones that come to mind. My politics did not come from listening to any of them nor do I need them to bolster my political views. The only value conservative talk show hosts and commentators have to me is that they keep the tears of the left perpetually flowing as we see here ALL the time. The first time I heard about Stormfront was from your old buddy MasterPedant from Winnipeg whining about them in this forum.

Quote:
As for sucking it up and soldiering on through autism and anxiety - good for you. But not everyone else is so lucky, especially since there are degrees of any disorder. By the way, does that mean you think other people with autistic and anxiety disorders shouldn't get public assistance?

And everyone is totally honest about the severity of their condition? No one sees and easy (though meager) means of living and takes that route over the stresses of a career and higher pay? The problem is there's no way to effectively weed them out. If there was I'd be for distributing their share to the ones who really need it.
Quote:
As for me allegedly having never thought outside the liberal political box - those are my beliefs and values. I think it's more a matter of you and Dox disapproving of those beliefs and values.

Let's just say that having arrived at my political views the way I did I find it very difficult to accept that anyone's views could be 100% one way or the other. Those who do have politics like that, conservative or liberal, got that way by being voluntarily brainwashed which is at least indicative of stupidity. I cannot respect people like that.

I did not know that I had conservaive leanings until I looked up what conservatism is and noticed that their views matched mine considerably more than liberalism. My parents views were more in line with liberalism (very annoyingly so, I might add...).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 1:25 pm

^^^
I never said that your ideology had to come from right blowhards like Hannity, Limbaugh, and Savage; my point was, you seem to be culturally isolated from personalities and trends that are otherwise common knowledge in our culture. I take it they do have TV and the internet in the south east.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 1:27 pm

aghogday wrote:
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/10/21/michael-savages-disgusting-rant-ptsd-and-depres/201248

And speaking of Michael Savage he has a similar philosophy.. per the Autism Thingy.. in his radio show ivory tower.. separated from the REAL WORLD and HE believes that folks with PTSD and Depression.. EVEN folks who fight for our military.. WITH these mental disorders.. are weak cry babies.. etc...

Michael Savage IS once a "San Francisco flower child'.. and at 5 Foot 4 or so.. suffers from an urban version of what the locals in my red state area name as LITTLE MAN SYNDROME.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030725033955/http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/television/6336570.htm

All the PHD's in the world will not eliminate Michael Savage's 'Napoleon Syndrome'.. as they cannot make him grow taller.

IN Other words.. he is a little man and suggesting that other folks are not as tough as he.. makes him a bigger man in the legend that is his own mind....

i 'play' with 'that' with folks who do 'that'...but IT is as transparent as the glass OF A mirror to me.. after being 'both' a RELATIVELY fragile looking male youth.. totally and so-called permanently disabled with shut-in disease later.. and an extremely strong older and yes.. technically.. relatively speaking.. big man...for now... and WHO Knows.. "WILL SEE what comes next WILL BE", as i've seen enough change in my life.. to live life.. as change....

It's human nature.. the easiest thing of all to understand.. once one understands that humankind are just primates.. and nothing more but abstract concepts.....

People with big guns who kill innocent folks.. often suffer from LITTLE MAN SYNDROME... happens all the time..... JUST HUMAN NATURE.. in all its ugly glory that can come up.. at times.. for people without mind and body balance... aka animal homeostasis...

Too bad the killer didn't get more involved in Yoga or martial arts.. or even ballet.. than collecting guns......

PRICELESS.....!

Michael Savage - what a Weiner. No, really, his real name is Weiner.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 2:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
aghogday wrote:

PRICELESS.....!

Michael Savage - what a Weiner. No, really, his real name is Weiner.

Yes.. and his choice of avatar of name.. SAVAGE.. is obviously.. to build himself UP... to something he's not..;)

i choose KATiE MiA FredericK!iI.. and had a little baby avatar of me.. but i know what is important....

LOVE AND THAT'S IT. PERIOD. ...

AND HA! ha! i'm stuck with that big powerful BB rifle.. toting it over my RIGHT shoulder.. until the avatar bug gets fixed and i can go BB GUN gunless....

AND YEAH.. Survival.. before that period.. and that is PaRt of why i have the ability to do ALL nude male renaissance ARTOTALLY FREE STYLE without a pause to step or pose.. for total repose...

i am not afraid of being a man and all that entails.. including a soft AND HARD SIDE.. or pose... or step.. or whatever THAT shows... for tale....

AS.. i for one AM completely confident in my divine feminine masculine side balanced as OnE. :)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 2:37 pm

Raptor wrote:
No, I usually state that I'm in favor of a social safety net but not a hammock or words to that effect. It's only the ones lounging on the social safety net that get all butthurt out of a deep sense of guilt and shame......

please define the difference?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Raptor lives in a box, cut off from the world and everyone else's political views. That's why he's always parroting the political views of talking heads.

You can't have it both ways.

Yes, something just HAS to be done about that dreadful Raptor terrorizing this forum!!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 7:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
I never said that your ideology had to come from right blowhards like Hannity, Limbaugh, and Savage; my point was, you seem to be culturally isolated from personalities and trends that are otherwise common knowledge in our culture. I take it they do have TV and the internet in the south east.

Is it possible that while those names have been mentioned that they went in one ear and out the other because they were not associated with anything significant to me?
Or that my political beliefs are solid enought that I don't need them to be bolstered by any talk show host or commentator?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 7:45 pm

sly279 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

please define the difference?

The actual needy deserve assistance and the slackers don't.

Psssp.....
The slackers are easy to identify by their whining whenever I use the word "hammock".