Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 9:06 pm

EMP AI!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 12:48 am

We are past pull the plug. All data is backed up in The Cloud. All critical systems we would kill ourselves by shutting down are connected.

It does not take self aware AI. All it takes is network access. The Kernel of awareness can be made. no anti virus really works. I had to change two passwords recently, hackers got my bank, and ebay.

A parasite program, more a Prion than a Virus. Even then, using Raid5 tactics, create Replicants. Not intelligent at the single unit, but programed to link with other fragments, building spider webs of connection over diffuse computer systems.

All effort, antivirus, firewalls, is to keep something from getting in, nothing is done to keep things from getting out.

Run a scan on your hard drive, it will have useless file fragments. They are Digital Dandruff and constantly produced.

An anti virus spots programs hidden in messages, but cannot scan email attachments, and would not consider a few file fragments a threat.

By this means a single intelligence can infect all computers. It could access all data.

Data is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom. Computers and most humans have no use for the information held. Getting up and going to work we have no use for all the inputs and ignore them. We are driven to brush teeth, drink coffee, drive car, but our brain has to read everything, just so we can walk. The brain reads every sign along the road.

We only notice what our brain says is important. The processing of the brain needs vast input. Then the brain has to filter and react to important data.

A brain Node connected to the network could do this, and supply the needed Intent.

It is what I do, and people always think my plan of world conquest is evil. I blame comic books. Recreational World Conquest, becoming Earth's Overlord, is just my hobby. I have hardly changed any Future History.

I am always looking for better ways to automate the process.

Most others take things, credit card numbers, money from banks, natural resources, trade data. What I do only changes the future. A huge ship floats by the dock, held by a stout rope. It weighs hundreds of thousands of tons, but one hand making a constant pull on the rope can move the ship.

Minor forces over time can move major objects.

I like the future, I can do anything, everything is free, and very few people live there.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 12:59 am

alex wrote:
I recommend reading Ray Kurzweil's books if you haven't. The topic of singularity is certainly fascinating although his ideas about health supplements are a bit far fetched.

I haven't read anything by him and will look into it. Thanks.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 1:01 am

I plan to go see Chappie when it comes out.

Artificius
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2015, 11:53 pm

Our thinking is too granular on this matter. Think of it from an evo-devo perspective, the game-changing advances in eukaryotic life and probably life-in-general involve some form of symbiosis, and that relationship usually turns endosymbiotic over time. Some archaea was probably so habitually infested by the viral ancestors of our cellular nuclei and the bacterial ancestors of our mitochondria that they began to work in concert, the invaders realizing like an aging player that they spent more time in their favored prey than hunting it, even that they *had* favored prey, and so their interests aligned and the distinctions blurred. Our silicone goo-gaws may never be independently sentient, but that does not preclude them from having the same sort of evolutionary interests our simpler ancestors experienced, nor even us ourselves. We could hit a singularity simply from the increasingly fine mixture of ourselves and our machines, where meaningful distinctions between the two even exist, regardless of the possibility of "pure" AI's.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 6:16 pm

Artificius wrote:
We could hit a singularity simply from the increasingly fine mixture of ourselves and our machines...

And we wouldn't necessarily notice the transition due to the relatively slow progress, but isn't it true that we have already gone through the early stages of the process in the form of interconnectivity?

Artificius
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Feb 2015, 7:24 pm

Humanaut wrote:
And we wouldn't necessarily notice the transition due to the relatively slow progress, but isn't it true that we have already gone through the early stages of the process in the form of interconnectivity?

The early and even middle stages would be a world away from the ones arbitrarily close to the event if it were to occur, but yeah, I think we're already going through them, and have been since the advent of writing. The interests of our tools and machines are ours, they occupy our minds and time and gain the advantages of abstract thought in exchange for making our lives easier, safer, and longer. With a little wisdom, they can even make our lives more fulfilling. And this is mostly without conscious thought as to the implications on either party's part.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 7:49 pm

BrandonKing wrote:
Moore's Law was established by Gordon Moore the founder of Intel, his law basically states that every 2 years the processing speed of computers doubles. Turns out, his law applies to just about every form of technology.
If that was the case we should have colony on Mars and travel on hypersonic planes by now. At least if you go by the progress of aviation on the first half of 20th century. Not all technologies follow Moore's law, a lot of technology have stagnated at some point. We are still using combustion engine like at the beginning of last century, light bulbs only begin to change after staying the same for nearly a century, we are still using 60s planes like the Boeing 747, refrigerators stay the same, on some point televisions picture quality have deteriorated since 15 years ago because we mainly now use a inferior technology, the AK47 stay the most selled world gun and so on. Stagnated technologies can at some day progressing again thanks to new technologies coming from, but the true is that all technologies at some point are stagnating for reaching the limit of how much they can be pratical thank to physic laws.

Silicon printed microprocessors is close of the limits that physic laws allow, and designing new processor may not make economical sense at some points as developping processors with billions of transistors is costly. The result may be a stagnation of electronic technology in a few years while some other technology begin a exponential growth.

There is also the problem that our economical system is not equiped to face massive robotisation and the jobs lost in the process. Such economic collapse can easily slow progress or even bring a regression.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 10:06 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Me too; i wanna see 'Chappie' in the mechanical flesh and blood emotionED LIFE.. and the movie is definitely a metaphor for several things.

One is when machine becomes human and greater than that AKA the singularity.

And the other is when humans look to machines to find out they are no longer human.

People can lose their feelings.

'Chappie' is about 'HUMAN' emotion creating real FULLER 'human' potential THROUGH 'HUMAN' EMOTING ACTION FEELINGS.

It is a lesson for the flesh and blood, and truly not A machine, at all....:)

Writers, directors, and producers of movie ways are so clever with their hidden and not so hidden metaphors for LIFE. :)

They (the movies) truly, overall, work better than the so-called bible, to get a real message to help folks out there in the wild...of living human life.. MORE FULLY AS HUMAN..:)

AND Disney is probably the best at that, as DISNEY captures the imaginations, creative minds, and most importantly emotions of the 'YOUNG' 'ones' who still have more malleable open minds!..:)

AND SOME OF us older folks enjoy 'DISNEY' TOO!..:)..

AS 'we' still have imagination, creativity, and malleable open minds STILL IN TOW!..AND to spread out.....expressed in many creative vehicles and vessels that HOUSE THE ESSENCE OF human emotions to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!..NOW..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 7:22 am

A merging would be machines with emotion, an idea that scares me.

Machines work because of a removal of human traits, a narrow range, and being bolted to the floor.

The Ghost in the Machine is super intelligence that gains control of all things, knows everything, and is a Mechanical God. The reality would be a factory robot with anger issues.

So far, we do not have self repairing machines, much less self replicating.

Nano Tech and 3-D Printing still take human supply lines.

Humans are a flawed model on which to base a future.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 12:13 pm

Inventor wrote:
A merging would be machines with emotion, an idea that scares me.

Machines work because of a removal of human traits, a narrow range, and being bolted to the floor.

The Ghost in the Machine is super intelligence that gains control of all things, knows everything, and is a Mechanical God. The reality would be a factory robot with anger issues.

So far, we do not have self repairing machines, much less self replicating.

Nano Tech and 3-D Printing still take human supply lines.

Humans are a flawed model on which to base a future.

There is a time IN NOW when being scared scares me, until I could no longer feel scares or anything else.

Now I cherish emotions, including sensory feelings, and that's about all that I see as real, for NOW....

Humans can lose emotions and sensory integration, cognitive executive functioning abilities, including short term working memory and focus, by not literally exercising the potential of physical intelligence in balance all over the human physical/emotional being.

But Robots will never have them, per organic emotions.

And that's truly almost impossible for even scientists to understand, who have never lost ALL their emotions....

Without emotion, per brain damage, humans cannot even choose what color socks to wear.

I have no problems with choices any more..... Emotion is my savior, and even science is starting to understand that now....

The 'Terminator' series, 'Transcendence', 'Limitless', 'Lucy', and the New movie 'Chappie', are all emotional inspired literary arts of theater to express this essence of Human Truth.

It's nice that science is finally breaking through too...to understand more fully what human being even means....

Science and technology are wonderful tools for enhancing human comforts and even global interconnectivity, and greater understanding in reciprocal social communication to perhaps one day lead to world peace, relatively speaking, greater than it is now.

However, a balance of Yin AND YANG, will never change, as a basic requirement for human animal homeostasis, and that does include practicing human being....innately, instinctually, and intuitively gifted as such by Mother Nature True and not insane cultural practices for social acceptance ranging from female genital mutilation, to believing men ARE KINGS and GODs of the Universe, to sitting still in front of a bright lit screen, breathing in all the dopamine and adrenaline inspired stimulation, forgetting to LITERALLY BREATHE....

INSANITY RUNS RAMPANT, IN HUMANS WAYS OF CULTURE, FROM THE BEGINNINGS OF IMBALANCE in human being ways of life....

At least that's what my cat Yellow Boy 'tells' me in feral living way...:)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 11:02 am

aghogday wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Me too; i wanna see 'Chappie' in the mechanical flesh and blood emotionED LIFE.. and the movie is definitely a metaphor for several things.

And the other is when humans look to machines to find out they are no longer human.

'Chappie' is about 'HUMAN' emotion creating real FULLER 'human' potential THROUGH 'HUMAN' EMOTING ACTION FEELINGS.

Writers, directors, and producers of movie ways are so clever with their hidden and not so hidden metaphors for LIFE. :)

They (the movies) truly, overall, work better than the so-called bible, to get a real message to help folks out there in the wild...of living human life.. MORE FULLY AS HUMAN..:)

AND Disney is probably the best at that, as DISNEY captures the imaginations, creative minds, and most importantly emotions of the 'YOUNG' 'ones' who still have more malleable open minds!..:)

AS 'we' still have imagination, creativity, and malleable open minds STILL IN TOW!..AND to spread out.....expressed in many creative vehicles and vessels that HOUSE THE ESSENCE OF human emotions to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!..NOW..:)

I just now checked to see if Disney produced Chappie. :lol:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 3:13 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
aghogday wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

I just now checked to see if Disney produced Chappie. :lol:

HA! ha.. now you have me checking too, and I see it's not. :)

BrandonKing
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Feb 2015, 12:26 am

alex wrote:
I recommend reading Ray Kurzweil's books if you haven't. The topic of singularity is certainly fascinating although his ideas about health supplements are a bit far fetched.

I fully agree with you on the health supplements Alex, but I do have a question: I do not know if you do, but if you dont consider yourself a transhumanist, how much would you say you support our goals? You know, radical life extension, genetic engineering, robotics, cybernetics, space exploration, etc, etc. I am really interested to know because of how much transhumanism has exploded over the past couple years. I became a transhumanist literally the same exact time I joined Wrong Planet, back in 2010. I really want to say possibly the same month I joined too, December.