Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 4:18 pm

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 4:51 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/israels-lieberman-disloyal-arabs-should-be-beheaded-n320501

What a sweet foreigner minister.

What is really ironic is that his German name Lieberman means "dear, sweet man".

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 4:56 pm

trollcatman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/israels-lieberman-disloyal-arabs-should-be-beheaded-n320501

What is really ironic is that his German name Lieberman means "dear, sweet man".

I can guess what his name means in Arabic.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm

I think what he said is atrocious--and unbelievable. He should be made to resign. Almost Nazi-like, ironically. Definitely ISIS-like.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 5:21 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

But his name isn't Arabic, it's German. How often do you see a person with a German name taking the first steps on the road to genocide? Hmmmm.....

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 5:23 pm

The guy should read up on his history before making such statements.

He's too high up in the Cabinet. He should not get away with this.

Could he claimed that his words were "taken out of context?"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 8:26 am

Yes, he is not some random drunken guy in the street, he is the FOREIGN MINISTER of Israel.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 8:29 am

AspieUtah wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It would be something like عAzizi Latif.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Mar 2015, 1:16 pm

It seems pretty clear Israel is not interested in peace, imagine the reaction if the Foreign Minister of Iran said that about disloyal Jews.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 3:00 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yes, he is not some random drunken guy in the street, he is the FOREIGN MINISTER of Israel.

Likely voted for by exactly that kind of random drunk guy in the street. I read that his party Yisrael Beitenu was a secular Zionist party that was backed by mostly secular Jews from the former Soviet Union. I don't want to stereotype the Soviets, but they liked their drinks. Nazdarovye! (cheers, literally "to your health"). It also election time so these politicians all want to say something more outrageous than the others, so they pull out the anti-Arab rhetoric.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 3:07 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It seems pretty clear Israel is not interested in peace, imagine the reaction if the Foreign Minister of Iran said that about disloyal Jews.

The problem is that Israel currently does not have much to gain by peace. They have military superiority, they haven ally on the security council that will always support them no matter what (the US), and they get away with creating new settlements in Palestinian territory, so what exactly can the Palestinians offer them?
I'm always surprised when they start new negotiations with some foreign mediator with just another "road to peace", what is there really to negotiate about? If one or both parties seem to favor the status quo there is no deal.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 3:38 pm

And here more about it, that's why he's getting mad:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/16/world ... -vote.html

Quote:
Avigdor Lieberman, Israel’s nationalist foreign minister, stared coolly at the Arab politician sitting at the opposite end of a glass table during a televised election debate.

“Why did you come to this studio, why not to Gaza, or Ramallah? Why are you even here?” asked Mr. Lieberman, who frequently calls Israel’s Arab citizens traitors and suggests that their towns be transferred to Palestinian control. “You are not wanted here; you are a Palestinian citizen.”

Quote:
The politician, Ayman Odeh, the leader of an alliance of Arab parties formed to contest Israeli elections on Tuesday, appeared unruffled.

“I am very welcome in my homeland,” he said, a subtle dig at Mr. Lieberman, an immigrant from the former Soviet republic of Moldova. “I am part of the nature, the surroundings, the landscape,” he said in Arabic-accented Hebrew.

Rings a bell? The early Americans didn't want the indigenous and blacks to have suffrage as well.

Quote:
Now, polls cited by the Israeli media suggest the Arab alliance is likely to become the third-largest faction in Parliament with 13 of its 120 seats, potentially preventing Mr. Netanyahu from cobbling together the 61 seats he needs to form a coalition and stay in power. The same polls show that Mr. Lieberman may have more trouble getting his own Yisrael Beiteinu party across the 3.25 percent threshold he designed

The solution to prevent that? Behead them. :lol:

Lieberman's call is quite pragmatic, elections-wise.

Quote:
On the campaign trail, Mr. Odeh invokes the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and quotes Palestinian poetry as he preaches coexistence with the Jewish majority.

“We want to throw our weight as a people into politics. We want to build institutions for our people,” Mr. Odeh told high school students on March 7 in Ibillin, an Arab town in the hills of the Galilee.

“We need to extend bridges to the Jewish community,” he added. “Martin Luther King fought for blacks, and democratic whites were with him.”