Page 67 of 82 [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 82  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:29 pm

Roe versus Wade will not be overturned in our lifetime.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Mar 2016, 5:30 pm

It's a silly soundbite that Trump was goaded into by Chris Matthews. It's a weird and kind of loaded question; "if hypothetically abortion is murder and illegal, should women be punished somehow?" If hypothetically my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Do any of you people listen to anything than gotcha activist journalism? We never see the candidates talk about the real issues, always Trump this or Trump that. If these presidential candidates can't deal with Trump then maybe they shouldn't be president? Do they think Vladimir Putin or Xi Jinping are any less tough? Let's see Hillary talk about these trade deals, these wars she started in the Middle East, her husband's entire record that she can't run far enough from. It's nonsense, none of the other candidates besides Bernie Sanders has any message or vision of their own.

The Democratic primary is even worse than the Republican one for pandering, they've gone off the deep end with minority issues. Bernie and Hillary have been fighting over who likes black people and Mexicans the mostest for months now, is it any wonder why White working class voters feel abandoned? Wages are stagnant, there is no job growth, almost 100% of the job growth of the last 15 years have been to foreign workers legal or illegal. Democrats are in for a big surprise come November, lot of Ivory towers skewing their vision. These are issues that matter to EVERYONE, not just black or white or gay or straight voters. Democrats have surrendered themselves to unthinking coalition of identity politics while abandoning their traditional base. It's kind of funny, I've been reading around the internet now and in some of the SJW circles they want to remove to G from LGBT because in their minds it is impossible for cis white male to discriminated against ever.

Punishing women for abortions is silly by the way, charge the doctor with murder and it won't be a problem. These women have to live with themselves, that is more punishment than a lot can take and I do believe at the end of their lives that most regret it. There are so many lost souls in this country, miserable people that can't stand to look at themselves in the mirror so they drink and do drugs and eat and smoke and all the self destructive things. People talk about these awful back alley abortions like they were so common but I'd venture to say that far more women have died since Roe v Wade getting the abortion procedure that they wouldn't otherwise, without Roe V Wade the amount of abortions in this country would be minuscule compared to the almost 60 million abortions we've had in the in the US since 1972. It's morally wrong and it is killing this country, we've murdered an entire generation.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:35 pm

We have more respect for the sanctity of a dead person's organs than we have for women apparently. It's morally wrong to dictate what they can do with their bodies.

I challenge you to back up your assertion that more people died of legal abortions than illegal ones. And besides, a point I made already, in an illegal abortion, a doctor wasn't typically involved.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:46 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It's a silly soundbite that Trump was goaded into by Chris Matthews. It's a weird and kind of loaded question; "if hypothetically abortion is murder and illegal, should women be punished somehow?" If hypothetically my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Do any of you people listen to anything than gotcha activist journalism? We never see the candidates talk about the real issues, always Trump this or Trump that. If these presidential candidates can't deal with Trump then maybe they shouldn't be president? Do they think Vladimir Putin or Xi Jinping are any less tough? Let's see Hillary talk about these trade deals, these wars she started in the Middle East, her husband's entire record that she can't run far enough from. It's nonsense, none of the other candidates besides Bernie Sanders has any message or vision of their own.

The Democratic primary is even worse than the Republican one for pandering, they've gone off the deep end with minority issues. Bernie and Hillary have been fighting over who likes black people and Mexicans the mostest for months now, is it any wonder why White working class voters feel abandoned? Wages are stagnant, there is no job growth, almost 100% of the job growth of the last 15 years have been to foreign workers legal or illegal. Democrats are in for a big surprise come November, lot of Ivory towers skewing their vision. These are issues that matter to EVERYONE, not just black or white or gay or straight voters. Democrats have surrendered themselves to unthinking coalition of identity politics while abandoning their traditional base. It's kind of funny, I've been reading around the internet now and in some of the SJW circles they want to remove to G from LGBT because in their minds it is impossible for cis white male to discriminated against ever.

Punishing women for abortions is silly by the way, charge the doctor with murder and it won't be a problem. These women have to live with themselves, that is more punishment than a lot can take and I do believe at the end of their lives that most regret it. There are so many lost souls in this country, miserable people that can't stand to look at themselves in the mirror so they drink and do drugs and eat and smoke and all the self destructive things. People talk about these awful back alley abortions like they were so common but I'd venture to say that far more women have died since Roe v Wade getting the abortion procedure that they wouldn't otherwise, without Roe V Wade the amount of abortions in this country would be minuscule compared to the almost 60 million abortions we've had in the in the US since 1972. It's morally wrong and it is killing this country, we've murdered an entire generation.

I actually watched the whole interview and it was just one of many issues. When Trump was asked about anything besides his deal making or building a fence, he couldn't or wouldn't answer the questions. Even with this one, he tried to slide past it, even attacking the hosts religious beliefs. Furthermore, for the pro-life crowd, they need to be consistent. If abortion is murder as they claim and if the woman freely participates, how is she not guilty of at least conspiracy to commit that murder?

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:47 pm

Jacoby wrote:

This rant is virtually fact free. There are 7 billion people in this planet and 300 million in this country alone. I don't think we need to be worried about killing the country through abortion.

Please provide sources to show more women have died after Roe V. Wade.

She it comes to morals, I think it's morally wrong to throw a doctor in prison for facilitating a women's choice. And it is pie in the sky naivety to think that would solve any problems. It was not a loaded question to ask if women should be punished if we make abortion illegal.

Trump's campaign has been nothing but pandering. Remember "Two Corinthians"? Trump has virtually no idea what he's talking about on any political issue foreign or domestic. When pressed for details he either makes a gaffe like the one in front of Matthews or he just pivots and says what I do will be terrific. Ted Cruz has been playing dirty tricks this whole election and is being accused of cheating on his wife. Yet he is still trying to run as a family values candidate. So how has the democratic party pandered harder than Republicans?

You really need to step away from the right wing sites. It's really leading you astray when it comes to what's actually happening.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:48 pm

AspE wrote:
We have more respect for the sanctity of a dead person's organs than we have for women apparently. It's morally wrong to dictate what they can do with their bodies.

I challenge you to back up your assertion that more people died of legal abortions than illegal ones. And besides, a point I made already, in an illegal abortion, a doctor wasn't typically involved.

That's not necessarily true, I believe most abortionists before Roe V Wade were moonlighting doctors not just any random Joe on the street with a coat hanger.

The legality of abortion have cause an explosion in the procedure which inherently carries risks, the number they've put on amount of women who died since 1972 is about 420. You can't compare the two numbers tho since there is no legitimate numbers for illegal abortions before 1972 nor does it make note of the fact that whatever that number was that it had been falling for decades with the advent of antibiotics, I do not believe many women would try to get an abortion if it were not legal and legally sanctioning it has opened the floodgates.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:49 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
pcuser wrote:
Crickets...

Oh she said in another thread that we should do what they did before Roe V. Wade. So in other words prison for up to 5 years.

I looked for stats about women being tried prior to Roe and few if any were charged with anything as they were viewed as victims of the crime. I know it is hypocritical to say such foolishness, but that's how they twisted it...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:51 pm

pcuser wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I actually watched the whole interview and it was just one of many issues. When Trump was asked about anything besides his deal making or building a fence, he couldn't or wouldn't answer the questions. Even with this one, he tried to slide past it, even attacking the hosts religious beliefs. Furthermore, for the pro-life crowd, they need to be consistent. If abortion is murder as they claim and if the woman freely participates, how is she not guilty of at least conspiracy to commit that murder?

It's gotcha journalism, Chris Matthews was leading Trump worse than the Branden Dassey to get an answer he wanted. It's just nonsense, are you seriously deciding who should be president based on who responds the Chris Matthews pestering? Trump wins on the real issues, I do not care about soundbites.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:52 pm

I'd be willing to bet that more than 420 people died of abortions in the US from 1932 to 1972.

Frequently, abortions were done in back alleys by "experts" with coathangers. Later on, more and more were done in doctor's offices using sterilized equipment.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:54 pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it still astounds me people will believe everything that spews from this cretins mouth and will vote for a man that does not believe in science.

Then again, if you want to make your country a laughing stock to the rest of the world with a carrot at the top its up to you, you have the freedom to vote.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:55 pm

If Trump is elected, there will be many nations laughing at us.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 6:00 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

This rant is virtually fact free. There are 7 billion people in this planet and 300 million in this country alone. I don't think we need to be worried about killing the country through abortion.

She it comes to morals, I think it's morally wrong to throw a doctor in prison for facilitating a women's choice. And it is pie in the sky naivety to think that would solve any problems. It was not a loaded question to ask if women should be punished if we make abortion illegal.

Trump's campaign has been nothing but pandering. Remember "Two Corinthians"? Trump has virtually no idea what he's talking about on any political issue foreign or domestic. When pressed for details he either makes a gaffe like the one in front of Matthews or he just pivots and says what I do will be terrific. Ted Cruz has been playing dirty tricks this whole election and is being accused of cheating on his wife. Yet he is still trying to run as a family values candidate. So how has the democratic party pandered harder than Republicans?

You really need to step away from the right wing sites. It's really leading you astray when it comes to what's actually happening.

I think we'd be better off with those 60 million people here, I think our country would be a lot stronger and better off. 60 million speaks for itself, it's unfathomable. A genocide. A holocaust.

Trump gets interrogated every day by reporters, sometimes he makes a mistake or doesn't answer a way they like. I I don't care, I don't watch these interviews, I don't think any useful information comes out of them. Hillary very rarely makes these appearances and even rarer yet makes herself publicly available, what is her whole campaign about? I mean besides that victims of sexual assault deserved to be believed, I agree Paula Jones. I don't believe Trump is a socially conservative ideologue and really mostly cares about his core issues, I think most people know this. It doesn't matter if he's fluid on certain issues if he's right on the ones that matter. Why does Hillary want to be president? It may be to keep her and her husband out of prison.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 6:06 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I think we'd be better off with those 60 million people here, I think our country would be a lot stronger and better off. 60 million speaks for itself, it's unfathomable. A genocide. A holocaust.

Trump gets interrogated every day by reporters, sometimes he makes a mistake or doesn't answer a way they like. I I don't care, I don't watch these interviews, I don't think any useful information comes out of them. Hillary very rarely makes these appearances and even rarer yet makes herself publicly available, what is her whole campaign about? I mean besides that victims of sexual assault deserved to be believed, I agree Paula Jones. I don't believe Trump is a socially conservative ideologue and really mostly cares about his core issues, I think most people know this. It doesn't matter if he's fluid on certain issues if he's right on the ones that matter. Why does Hillary want to be president? It may be to keep her and her husband out of prison.

There's only one little problem with your genocide. Genocide, by definition is a systematic extermination of sentient beings. We aren't even sentient when we are born. We begin to become sentient only a few months after birth. That's science, another inconvenient truth. Since no sentient beings were harmed, no genocide...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 6:07 pm

i remember reading about a sociological study regarding legalized abortion versus crime rates, and that the per capita crime rates dropped compared to before legalization, in several countries. it was surmised that less unwanted pregnancies=less child abuse=less grown criminals.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 6:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

We'll be rich and they'll be poor, we'll be laughing our way to the bank.

There are going to be a lot of countries following the US's lead, look at the leaders coming up around the corner in Europe. People are sick and tired of the status quo, they're tired of the sovereignty of their nation and people coming under non-stop assault from globalism. Every country has a movement or one similar, there are going to be a lot of populist leaders in the next 10 years in the West.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 6:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

the same phenomenon when shrub was re-elected. I still remember that English newspaper headline saying "how could 61 million americans be so stupid?" but the rest of the world's opinion has never mattered here, we are insular and provincial and full of ourselves.