Page 77 of 82 [ 1307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 82  Next

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jul 2017, 2:51 am

Donald Trump and his anti democratic extreme right wing political views will be the subject of much examination by political scientists, PhD students and historians for the next 150 years, there is little doubt of this. What is unclear is how long the sense of national shame, embarrassment and loss of international respectability will impact the collective concisness of the American people.

I am so glad I do not live in the United States. I am so very sad for the American people.

BBC: Radio 4

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 4:11 am

Voxish wrote:
Donald Trump and his anti democratic extreme right wing political views will be the subject of much examination by political scientists, PhD students and historians for the next 150 years, there is little doubt of this. What is unclear is how long the sense of national shame, embarrassment and loss of international respectability will impact the collective concisness of the American people. I am so glad I do not live in the United States. I am so very sad for the American people.

this is on the assumption that history will not have ended on earth after his crowd are through screwing things up.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 4:27 am

Voxish wrote:
Donald Trump and his anti democratic extreme right wing political views will be the subject of much examination by political scientists, PhD students and historians for the next 150 years, there is little doubt of this.

I would say the the views of the people who voted for him (rather than Trump himself) will be the subject of research! The oft quoted reason Germans voted for the Nazis was because they were deflated after WW1 and economically downtrodden. Trump seemed to appeal to similar sentiments.

I think middle class Americans in 2016 and middle class Germans from the 1930s might have more in common that deserves research

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 5:48 am

Voxish wrote:
extreme right wing

AARGH! Boogieman!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 6:18 am

a boogieman who would reserve democracy for its own exalted class, with tyranny for the rest of us.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 8:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
a boogieman who would reserve democracy for its own exalted class, with tyranny for the rest of us.

Lovely rhetoric. Got some data?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 1:04 pm

FACT: Trump is an ally of the lung cancer industry.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 4:42 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I ask for data, you give me more rhetoric and insinuation from Nancy Maclean?

I'll repeat the question. Got any data?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 5:17 pm

Time wasting

CheckerboardStrangler
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jul 2017, 5:57 pm

alex wrote:
RoadRatt wrote:
I don't see where a member of the "1%" would be an answer to America's problems when currently they are seen as the problem.

Well you better move to another country because there's no way someone who isn't in the 1% will be elected president in America. . .

True but that having been said, we appear to have vomited out the sum of our basemost instincts and lauded that steaming pile of emitus as our statement to the world.

Roman, Soviet, Persian, you name it, and we are fast ticking off every box on the perdition list.
We are now fully engaged in what Chris Hedges calls "the end of literacy and the triumph of spectacle".
This spawn of Hathor eats chocolate cake and dreams up new ways to appease his oligarch tsar overlord to the East while ordering the destruction of the most vulnerable, wretched and oppressed on our own shores.
He yells at three television sets by day and abuses social media "bigly" by night.

He is a tool of Seven Mountain Dominionists who orgiastically preach sermons about an America on her knees, begging the righteous pentecostals to march in on white steeds as savior-pastor-strongmen who lay waste to democracy and install theocracy. They hold him precious because they believe he is sent by "Gawd Hisself" to orchestrate our collapse.

Be it as it may, that the One Percent are exclusive to the forest of presidential timber, we might at least choose one with less termites and one in which lay the seeds of benevolence.

CheckerboardStrangler

17 Jul 2017, 6:11 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
More satire...

Like the Johnny Cash song, "Boy named Sue".

The GOP toughens people up.

GOPers think, you ought a thank me for taking away your health care.

Oh yeah, I'll be real tough when I have to bury my uninsurable son because he lost his
chance at getting a heart transplant.
Fathers who wind up having to bury their gravely ill children because a wealthy oligarch thinks more misery is good for them usually wind up feeling like they have nothing left to lose.
Put enough of those fathers together with their wives and watch what happens.
Guillotines will be polished up and brought to the fore.

It won't be pretty.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 6:14 pm

Please don't pity me. I'm an American. I don't like Trump. He ain't going to destroy our country.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 7:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Please don't pity me. I'm an American. I don't like Trump. He ain't going to destroy our country.

I think this is referred to as Stockholm syndrome...Trump is basically holding your country to ransom (largely to feather is own nest) and normal people who temporarily lost their sanity on election day are now trying to reconcile his erratic behavior by assuming there are checks and balances in place...deep down they know that they have given the keys to their car to a drunk driver

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 8:49 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
FACT: Trump is an ally of the lung cancer industry.

Also those other lung cancer industries.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 3:59 am

I prefer hearing Gollum read Trump tweets to hearing The Joker read them.