Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

bsteiny16
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2015, 5:57 pm

I'm Jewish and proud of it. Any other Jewish aspies here?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 9:20 pm

There certainly are others. :D

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 9:34 pm

Many of the radical leftists in here, certainly.

bsteiny16
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2015, 10:11 pm

Radical leftists? I'm a Republican. Most orthodox Jews are. :)

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 10:28 pm

bsteiny16 wrote:

Sadly, Republican and Orthodox is rather redundant lol. And it is sad because it isn't healthy for American Jewry the Leftist decay amongst the reform and conservative. But you 'guys'(Orthodox+Republican) do exist and easy to spot at mostly-Christian pro-Israel rallies. Unfortunately, not as many on this board though.

You may enjoy this talk from a non-Orthodox Republican
https://mediacentral.princeton.edu/media/1_o49bliso

bsteiny16
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2015, 10:30 pm

Thanks, but I took one look at the length and said, "yeah. . .no."

bsteiny16
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2015, 10:33 pm

Thanks, but I took one look at the length and said, "yeah. . .no." And to be honest, I don't really mind if I'm the only one here, as long as there are other Jews here to. I can't really judge how religious they are. But I was brought up orthodox, so...you know....stuff.

Edit: I love this forum because I can act like myself. I can act weird and no one takes a second glance. It is like everything in society is thrown out the window when you're dealing with people who have similar challenges. And I am now a butterfly. :) ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BUTTERFLY OF AWESOMENESS AND POTATOES!! !! !! !! :P

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 11:36 pm

bsteiny16 wrote:
Edit: I love this forum because I can act like myself. I can act weird and no one takes a second glance. It is like everything in society is thrown out the window when you're dealing with people who have similar challenges. And I am now a butterfly. :) ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BUTTERFLY OF AWESOMENESS AND POTATOES!! ! ! ! ! ! ! :P

You have rather a tame standard of 'weird'.

I'm actually a little relieved. When I saw the thread title my first thought was 'which country is kicking them out this time?'.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

24 Aug 2015, 10:10 am

My Mother is Jewish according to Jewish Law

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 10:51 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
bsteiny16 wrote:

Sadly, Republican and Orthodox is rather redundant lol. And it is sad because it isn't healthy for American Jewry the Leftist decay amongst the reform and conservative. But you 'guys'(Orthodox+Republican) do exist and easy to spot at mostly-Christian pro-Israel rallies. Unfortunately, not as many on this board though.

My dad is now elderly but in his younger days he was an NRA member. His chapter was comprised of all Jews and they shared the NRA conservative views and usually were the only members of their congratulation that voted for Nixon and marched in demonstrations protesting anti war protesters.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 12:38 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:

This is the reference old age cliché anti-antisemitic view, equating Judaism with Marxism, even though only a fraction of Jews are Marxist or even far left.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 7:18 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:
bsteiny16 wrote:

My dad is now elderly but in his younger days he was an NRA member. His chapter was comprised of all Jews and they shared the NRA conservative views and usually were the only members of their congratulation that voted for Nixon and marched in demonstrations protesting anti war protesters.

That's actually rather beautiful. Yes, to have pioneered the Left to the extant that we have is not hidden to anyone. I think the untold story is our influence over the direction of the Right. It's only brought up when the Left wants say that a crop of evil Jews puppet Neoconservatism and Libertarianism. We wholly acknowledge the Jewish perspective dominating both isles of the political spectrum, but they can't admit how much of the Left is dependent on Jewish ideas, Jewish thinkers, Jewish creatives, and Jewish funds.

If European Jewry had all had guns during WWII, the holocaust couldn't have taken place on the scale that it did.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 7:28 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:

This is the reference old age cliché anti-antisemitic view, equating Judaism with Marxism, even though only a fraction of Jews are Marxist or even far left.

There are radicals on the Left, but there is no "far left." There is a weak-left, and then there's the Left, and then you have leftists with balls who will actually fight to bring about the world that the balls-less Left is willing to wait more patiently for. Those radical Leftists and non-radical Leftists, just disagree in terms of tactics on how to achieve practically the same ends.

Not all Jews are radicals, but most radicals are Jews. Rabbi Ken Spiro spoke on this, and he said it was very difficult not to be a radical. Judeo-Old Testament revelations are radical. Feminism is radical. Free Market Economics is radical. Postmodernism is radical. Deconstructionism is radical. As a people of ideas, we can't help our innate drive to offer humanity world-shaking ideas.

And I was speaking of American Jewry, who are virtually all on the Left. The 25% who aren't are the remaining orthodox. The other half of world Jewry reside in Israel, and I'm not talking about them.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2015, 10:39 pm

I eat pork and hold very little religious belief so no but I am fine with Jewish people! I will eat your non kosher food so it does not go to waste. The only criticism is, was the circumcision really necessary?! I am not even Jewish and was circumcised against my will at birth wtf? But that aside its all good continue to practice your Jew Jitzu! Oi Vey!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 4:01 am

My maternal grandmother's maiden name had been Abramovske - I think that implies what their family origin was. But if the truth be known, I'm a German Lutheran - both sides of my family are very much German Lutherans - and that's what I identify as. I have nothing against the Jewish people, but I simply don't identify with that distant connection I have to them like I do with the Deutschers. I'm a son of Arminius rather than a son of Abraham.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Aug 2015, 5:03 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
There are radicals on the Left, but there is no "far left." There is a weak-left, and then there's the Left, and then you have leftists with balls who will actually fight to bring about the world that the balls-less Left is willing to wait more patiently for. Those radical Leftists and non-radical Leftists, just disagree in terms of tactics on how to achieve practically the same ends.

I think perhaps you use a different definition of "left" to most people...

There most certainly are "leftists" whose utopias are further from the present world than other "leftists". As such, they are "far left" rather than just "left" or "centre left".

An American who wants a single-payer healthcare system is a leftist, but not far left. An American who wants to nationalise all industries and raise the top rate of income tax to 95% is far left.