Page 4 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 7:09 pm

Kosmonaut wrote:
Griff wrote:
Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Call it what you want, i find it offensive.
Quote:
It's an open discussion. If you didn't want other people's input, you should have taken it to private messages.

Yes, i like open discussion. I didnt say i did not want input. Just some peoples inputs are rather moronic.
In particular
Griff wrote:
The raving lunatic theory is looking pretty good, and I still don't even know what you were talking about.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 7:13 pm

Griff wrote:
Kosmonaut wrote:
Griff wrote:

Call it what you want, i find it offensive.
Quote:
It's an open discussion. If you didn't want other people's input, you should have taken it to private messages.

Yes, i like open discussion. I didnt say i did not want input. Just some peoples inputs are rather moronic.
In particular
Griff wrote:
The raving lunatic theory is looking pretty good, and I still don't even know what you were talking about.

Nice post.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 7:27 pm

Quote:

Quote:
It's a common idiom.

Go f**k yourself is a common idiom where i come from

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 7:31 pm

Kosmonaut wrote:
Laugh all you like. I hope you are right, but it's your analysis of the situation which is rather laughable (to say the least.)

I think your analysis is. Really, going to war with China would be too destructive for our interests. You strike the weak, not the strong Hitler knew that. We are more likely to want to muck around Africa or South America than China because nobody could stop us there.

Kosmonaut wrote:
Griff wrote:
Kosmonaut wrote:
How do you come to such a quick conclusion?

OK good point.

Not the sort of reply i would expect from an Aspergian, but quite common amongst the idiot masses.
Nothing to say, so try to assert domination by ridicule.

What would you expect? This is not some matter of idiot masses. This is a matter of idiots on forums. Conspiracy theorists and others with their own hare-brained ideas are all too common. It is very very easy to just end up a little bit jaded and dismissive. It isn't purely a matter of asserting domination either, I just run into a lot of people who want to create their own crazy world and draw off of fringe, wacko ideas.

I just love that this degenerated into a name calling contest between Kosmonaut and Griff. I also recognize that saying that you are a bit of a conspiracy theorist is not entirely unjustified either. You have a theory on a conspiracy. I recognize that saying such is negative and perhaps it might be unwarranted for me to jump so quickly to a conclusion. I just have run into a large number of crazy people on the internet.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 7:33 pm

Griff wrote:
Under some hypothetical and highly improbable scenarios, the government wouldn't be necessary at all. There'd still be some means of coordination, though. If it weren't government, there'd be a grotesque demand for social conformity, or some other means of control would be put into practice.

Very improbable. If anyone rebels then the system starts collapsing. There needs to be some effective form of authority in order to at least keep the few ingrates who would senselessly rebel down.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 7:39 pm

Kosmonaut wrote:
LOL
Obviously the propagada has no effect on you.

How do you come to such a quick conclusion?
I am bounded by the official secrets act; but i can tell you that i have held government positions in defence. I am not so easily swayed by what i watch on the news when i know that is a lie.
So obvioulsly i question most other things.
But i guess this makes me a nut too.
Not that i mind, at least it was easy money.

Sir, do you have any idea how many groups call out saying that we are propagandized by one force or another? It ends up being ridiculous. You are not the only guy out there who claims that we are being brainwashed and our freedom taken away. Really, what hurts your credibility is not that we are trained to ignore wackos but rather the number of wackos we should justly ignore.

The news should be questioned to some extent, I don't like TV news though so I don't watch most of that trash. I might question whether or not you have held government positions considering the ease at which a 16 year old could claim to be a top military expert. Really, the big question is why should I trust anything you claim at all? Especially if it contradicts what I would see as the logical choices if I were a fascist leader.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 8:17 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Kosmonaut wrote:
Laugh all you like. I hope you are right, but it's your analysis of the situation which is rather laughable (to say the least.)

I think your analysis is. Really, going to war with China would be too destructive for our interests. You strike the weak, not the strong Hitler knew that. We are more likely to want to muck around Africa or South America than China because nobody could stop us there.

I never said going to war with China is a good idea; it's not my analysis.
All i can say is that some things were on a long term agenda when i had access to such information.
Of course, it makes no sense (especially under present circumstances).
But there has been many similar mistakes (wars too destructive for interest) made in the past.
The talk of not being politically tenable and effect on economy is not how those in power view such things.
It's a game of incomplete information. What you see as illogical, may not be the case given more information.
Of course you should doubt what people tell you, but the past should tell you. Check out the value of the US$ since the 'war on terror'. It's like a third world currency compared with twenty years ago.
Do you think this will change US 'defence' policy?
Also nuclear technology is over 50 years old; it may be a factor, but soon it will no longer be an excuse not to got to war.
Anyway, you did ask for the agenda (or my conspiracy theory). Call it what you will, but when the chinese are being demonized, remember this.

As for the flame-war.. I can't help myself sometimes.
I don't mind arguments, being wrong or looking stupid.
If people think i am loon, then thats fine. But posting such things like, "quack quack", doesnt get anywhere. Thing is, i tell these people they're morons, then i get banned.
Probably do me a favour.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 8:40 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
.. I don't like TV news though so I don't watch most of that trash. I might question whether or not you have held government position..

The only TV news i watch is when i am in someone else's house.

You wouldn't believe some of the idiots employed to 'defend the country'.
Actually, i guess you probably would.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 8:51 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Griff wrote:
Under some hypothetical and highly improbable scenarios, the government wouldn't be necessary at all. There'd still be some means of coordination, though. If it weren't government, there'd be a grotesque demand for social conformity, or some other means of control would be put into practice.

Very improbable.
That's what I said.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 8:56 pm

Kosmonaut wrote:
Go f**k yourself is a common idiom where i come from
Get a grip.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 10:47 pm

Kosmonaut wrote:
I never said going to war with China is a good idea; it's not my analysis.
All i can say is that some things were on a long term agenda when i had access to such information.
Of course, it makes no sense (especially under present circumstances).
But there has been many similar mistakes (wars too destructive for interest) made in the past.
The talk of not being politically tenable and effect on economy is not how those in power view such things.
It's a game of incomplete information. What you see as illogical, may not be the case given more information.
Of course you should doubt what people tell you, but the past should tell you. Check out the value of the US$ since the 'war on terror'. It's like a third world currency compared with twenty years ago.
Do you think this will change US 'defence' policy?
Also nuclear technology is over 50 years old; it may be a factor, but soon it will no longer be an excuse not to got to war.
Anyway, you did ask for the agenda (or my conspiracy theory). Call it what you will, but when the chinese are being demonized, remember this.

Yeah, it still doesn't make sense. I have absolutely no reason to even believe that some random person on an internet forum has closer access to this kind of information than some blogger or other news source. You claim that it is because of imperfect information that I don't see this perfect truth, I say that the information is good enough and the information given to me from the other source is less perfect.

I don't think that the war on terror is really a major issue with this. It is a burden but it isn't a supermassive burden. The real cause for devaluation relates to the Euro and its capability to replace the dollar to some extent. I don't even care too extremely much for a valuable dollar, it helps us buy more but a less valuable dollar helps us sell more and could help correct certain financial imbalances which are a current worry. The major concern is that it doesn't fall from the sky, which it would if we did anything to China. The American people vote on their pocket books. We are not doing worse than in 1980, we have our various worries and groans but still Americans are still buying into the economy. The disruption that a war against China would create would destroy that kind of confidence and lead to unrest. The reason why we are not complaining as much about the war on terror as we otherwise might is because it really doesn't affect a lot of us.

The Chinese are already demonized and not by the men in power either but rather because they are bastards. They murder people for their organs and repress their people. As well, they are a part of an economic change that is affecting the labor market structure in a manner that hurts some people "taking their jobs". This change also creates stronger bonds between the US and Chinese economies which are interlinked on a relatively strong level and it causes us to want to keep good relations with them. In fact, a scholar on the wall street journal called us Chimerica due to this connection.
Quote:
As for the flame-war.. I can't help myself sometimes.
I don't mind arguments, being wrong or looking stupid.
If people think i am loon, then thats fine. But posting such things like, "quack quack", doesnt get anywhere. Thing is, i tell these people they're morons, then i get banned.
Probably do me a favour.

He didn't really do much. The whole war thing started off because you overreacted. Griff really started off with an innocent comment and then gave a little bit of advice. You got super-pissed off and just went "ROAR!! !". This isn't to say that Griff is exactly the kindest of posters, but the flame war was definitely unwarranted.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 10:51 pm

It was in his self interest to start the flame war moron (in case your too dumb to figure it out I was being sarcastic).

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 11:03 pm

snake321 wrote:
It was in his self interest to start the flame war moron (in case your too dumb to figure it out I was being sarcastic).

I suppose he perceived it as his self-interest, however, that still doesn't mean that I do not view it as unwarranted in this case. The reason being that I am assuming that he is wanting some respect, as respect will help him make a convincing case. The flame war loses my respect, which means that he may in this case have miscalculated his interests. It is similarly true that he may perceive that being banned may do him a favor as he states. I might tend more towards the miscalculation argument though given that he didn't go in seeking a flame war but rather got caught in one for misconstruing some statements.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 11:48 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
He didn't really do much. The whole war thing started off because you overreacted. Griff really started off with an innocent comment and then gave a little bit of advice. You got super-pissed off and just went "ROAR!! !". This isn't to say that Griff is exactly the kindest of posters, but the flame war was definitely unwarranted.
I can be abrasive.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2007, 2:49 am

Griff wrote:
I can be abrasive.

There we go. Good word. Sometimes the good words don't come to mind.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2007, 2:54 am

People = stupid

Democracy = Governement by people = stupid

Get the picture?