Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2016, 10:54 am

No srsy. He's awesomesauce.

Funny that Dox47 mentioned that Trump isn't a *true conservative* but neither was Reagan back in 1980. America doesn't need to go backwards it needs to move forwards.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 11:22 am

And you think we'll go forward with Trump?

Trump will Trump progress.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 11:33 am

"Awesomesauce"?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 11:40 am

AR15000 wrote:
Funny that Dox47 mentioned that Trump isn't a *true conservative* but neither was Reagan back in 1980.

The context of that quote was the liberal freak out over Trump when there are much more frightening *true* conservatives, e.g. Ted Cruz, in the race, not me applying some sort of conservative litmus test.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 11:59 am

The Powers That Be - the people who actually run the show - want a nice, puppetable figurehead.

My very-at-a-distance take is that Trump seems like someone who doesn't play the game (if he isn't already, he quickly will - he's an oaf, not an idiot). Like our own Nigel Farridge, he declines to pay lip-service to certain liberal democratic Received Opinions (lip-service is all that's ever required - this is rarely understood), and is charmless, unprofessional and ham-fisted. And I think this has been mistaken for him being something of an 'outsider'. I don't doubt, were he in power, he'd easily capitulate to the demands of Big X/Y/Z and The Powers That Be.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Feb 2016, 12:20 pm

Now that Rand Paul has dropped out, Trump is officially the best candidate running for the GOP nomination. He is the only one with anything near a sane foreign policy, he is a nationalist and talks tough but has shown his true independence by extending his hand in friendship to the Russians when all the other candidates besides maybe Bernie Sanders want to restart the Cold War. These same people started the Iraq War, everyone except Trump and Sanders now supported that war which has so destabilized the region.

Trump projects a lot of strength as a leader but at the same time is a guy known for 'the art of the deal', it's leverage and him not being owned by anyone and being a self made man is someone I would representing America at the negotiating table. I look at leaders all around the world and see people like Trump, he's not unusual, it's just been awhile since America had a leader with any bravado. Trump isn't to going to be playing chess in the middle east, he's isn't going to planting seeds of democracy, he isn't going to be nation building, he isn't going be starting any color revolutions and Arab Springs, he's going to have foreign policy that fits the interests of the United States not Israel or Saudi Arabia. There will be no more bowing, that can be assured. I hope Trump is the type of person that just thinks if he can get somebody in the room with him he can make it work and maybe he can make a deal with Iran(which for all he's condemned it for said he wouldn't throw it out on day 1) because that is peace thru strength is all about not sanctions and embargoes.

PC is totalitarian thought policing, it has handcuffed us from being able to deal with the real issues facing our country, instead our presidential elections are argued all the issues except the big elephants in the the room. The is no PC solution to immigration, just because we border Mexico and Central America does not mean they are entitled to be able to walk over our border en masse because that is an invasion. We don't want an immigration policy dictated by Wall Street, the Chamber of Commerce, La Raza, the Democratic partisans, self hating bleeding hearts because what their best interests are aren't the same as the average American. Our immigration policy should be one that considers the thoughts of average American, the little guy, not billionaires like Mark Zuckerberg or George Soros. People that come to America should want to become Americans and accept our values, I've always advocated the melting pot and I don't think it serves our interests having immigration from populations that cannot assimilate. It seems a lot of people don't think our culture is worth preserving but why then are all these minority cultures worth preserving? Self hatred is a terrible thing, it's an internalized racism against yourself. Keep the peace on the streets, keep the jobs, don't **** up the schools even more than they were to begin with, and don't allowed these wannabe plantation slavemasters to exploit the desperate people who are being taken advantage just as we are altho their payoff at the end is better than ours.

Mexico could take care of its border if it wanted to, their southern one is a lot smaller than ours, but it serves their interest to allow the flow of the underclasses and undesirables out of their country. Mexico doesn't care if you from Guatemala if your leaving to America, they really care if you're staying so don't let their racial browbeating fool you. Mexico and Latin America are very racist/classist, their entire societies are one's of the haves and have nots.

these people wouldn't be caught dead among the people they send to our country, it's a racist policy of their own that they're trying to pawn off on us but we are too handcuffed by political correctness and corporatism to do anything about it.

Slap a tariff and tax on remittance payments to Mexico and every other country that expects us to take care of their citizens that come here illegally. That's sending them the bill and making them pay for it, I guarantee you that they'd start taking care of the problem and would help repatriate these people who have to go home because money talks and we have the leverage not them.

Legal immigration has many many problems as well, the whole thing needs to revamped and should be metered. Trump and Sanders(who I wouldn't call good on immigration by any stretch) are the only people really talking about the massive fraud going on with these H1b visas that is hollowing out our educated formerly well paid domestic tech industry. They're undercutting us everywhere, we can't allow these businesses to do this to us any longer. I care about my quality of life, I care about America, isolationist isn't a dirty word to me if that's what you want to call because our sovereignty is what makes our culture and our country and without that there is nothing, gluttony and rabid consumerism of materialistic goods is not what America should represent.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Feb 2016, 12:28 pm

Ted Cruz's wife is an executive at Goldman Sachs, we don't need another Harvard educated lawyer in the White House. The man is not to be trusted and has shown himself to be very dishonest, his father is insane, he's changed his positions and attacked anyone he could for his political gain. He strikes me as an opportunist, I suppose they all are but Cruz is bought and paid for and I do not trust him on foreign policy at all given his worship of Israel. He's an unlikable guy, he is the weakest candidate in the general and has an all around punchable face and kind of looks like somebody already did.

I don't think I need to explain the problems with the rest of the field.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2016, 1:04 pm

Just another big-government progressive and lifelong Democrat who promises that, if only he were given unlimited power, he'd somehow, without reference to the Constitution or to any particular principles, be able to make the decisions which would bring about Hope and Change – I mean, Make America Great Again. I can't vote for either Madame Corleone or Uncle Trotsky, so I'll probably vote for whoever gets the GOP nomination – but not if it's Trumpolini.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 1:44 pm

Dox47 wrote:
AR15000 wrote:
Funny that Dox47 mentioned that Trump isn't a *true conservative* but neither was Reagan back in 1980.

The context of that quote was the liberal freak out over Trump when there are much more frightening *true* conservatives, e.g. Ted Cruz, in the race, not me applying some sort of conservative litmus test.

IMO, the reason the libs freak out over Trump is only because he's not a liberal democrat. If he were and payed lip service to all the things they love they'd be right in his lap. His being an uncouth buffoon would go virtually unnoticed and even defended. If any non-progressive commented that Trump wears an orangutan pelt on his head it would be considered a cruel attack on his character. "Well, at least he's not a republican!!" they'd say.

It's black and white with them; you're either one of theirs or your not.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 1:58 pm

Cockney Don for President!!

Eza right geeeza!

Meet Reg, Cockney Don's campaign manager:

Reaching the grass roots:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 11:40 pm

luan78zao wrote:
Just another big-government progressive and lifelong Democrat who promises that, if only he were given unlimited power, he'd somehow, without reference to the Constitution or to any particular principles, be able to make the decisions which would bring about Hope and Change – I mean, Make America Great Again. I can't vote for either Madame Corleone or Uncle Trotsky, so I'll probably vote for whoever gets the GOP nomination – but not if it's Trumpolini.

:lmao:

This.

If I had my choice Rubio would get the nomination, though he's distinctly lacking in the loud, obnoxious, attention-getting, and memorable appeal. I'm afraid I'm just about ready, especially if Trump gets it, to treat the fall debates as a form of rubbernecking entertainment - ie. eat popcorn and entertain myself while Rome burns. It's not that I think Trump would burn the country down necessarily, just that he's riding cult-of-personality and that'll be out from under him the moment he steps down from the podium and becomes a fixed/examinable commodity in the oval office. As Hopper suggested what we see is quite likely not what we'll get, that and our poltical process has gotten so bad that I literally can't do the outraged chest beating, nitpicking and arguing details, fact-finding, etc. that I was all into a decade ago - there's no side of the isle that really seems worth the effort.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 11:59 pm

Trump is too loud and angry to be an effective diplomat. We don't need another Kim Jong Un.

Cruz relies heavily on plausible deniability to distance himself from the lies his followers spread. We don't need another Nixon.

Rubio is only a first-term senator, and may be too young to effectively lead. We don't need another Kennedy.

Clinton is a limousine liberal - too wealthy to maintain contact with her grass-roots subjects followers. We don't need another Clinton.

Sanders has all of the depth of a rain puddle. We don't need another Dewey.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2016, 5:41 am

This message is brought to you by Don "the Diamond Geeza" Trump

Oi! Oi me ole mukkers! Kneesup Mother Brown an' awl 'at.

Now, whatcha natterin' mugs bothering me about these "policies"!? You taking bloody liberties. I don't have time for that shite, you spanners.

Any more talk of that and you'll end up in The Drink...or the 'Udson (what can I say I like to diversify).

Listen, I have been in the "realty" business a long time, awight, and you're about to learn the "realty" of the situation if you don't shutit.

If I can run The Firm, I can run your gaff no problem. How hard can it be? Piece of piss.

Vote for me and you won't 'ave any more problems. Ok spark!? Just fink about that for a second. Itsa unsafe world out there. You wouldn't want the Mexicans to getcha, would you?

Now piss off, I'm practicing me oauf. Howsit go...?

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of me ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Or somit like 'at, you slaaags!