Page 7 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 10:32 pm

zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
here we go.

In what way? It is a bigoted position. It reserves no rights for others and their opinions. It reserves no rights to independent thought and belief. It is flatly stated that the poster will not be quiet. The poster says he/she is right, everybody else is wrong. That is proselytizing. And, I see them a lot on the trains in NYC...telling everybody their opinion regardless.

was not criticizing you, but expressed discomfort at the contention. I just let people say whatever they want, knowing that in the grand scheme of things it is of limited value, thus not something to pay too much attention to.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 10:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
here we go.

In what way? It is a bigoted position. It reserves no rights for others and their opinions. It reserves no rights to independent thought and belief. It is flatly stated that the poster will not be quiet. The poster says he/she is right, everybody else is wrong. That is proselytizing. And, I see them a lot on the trains in NYC...telling everybody their opinion regardless.

was not criticizing you, but expressed discomfort at the contention. I just let people say whatever they want, knowing that in the grand scheme of things it is of limited value, thus not something to pay too much attention to.

Yeah...it's one of the reasons I respect you so much. Well, you and a few others.

It gets under my skin because of the things I did see with that sort attitude growing up. I should let it go. And, that was the tightest edit I could pull off. I'm going to step off this.

Turning off notifications.....

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 10:19 am

zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
here we go.

Yeah...it's one of the reasons I respect you so much. Well, you and a few others.

It gets under my skin because of the things I did see with that sort attitude growing up. I should let it go. And, that was the tightest edit I could pull off. I'm going to step off this.

Even freedom of speech is not a flawless notion.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 1:40 am

Deltaville wrote:
zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
here we go.

Even freedom of speech is not a flawless notion.

no such thing as an unmixed blessing in this world.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:05 pm

aspiesavant wrote:

Morality is an inherent sense of fairness and rectitude. Long before there were religions humans had rules of right behavior for their clan or extended family or their community. Some non-human primates such as chimps and bonobos also exhibit a primitive sense of fairness and rectitude. I think moral categories are a product of some deep rooted laws in the way our brains work. Morality has a biological origin and this is a result of a line of evolution.

Elephants also seem to exhibit some kind of morality and compassion. They seem to mourn their dead. I think it is biology at work, and not supernatural revelations from God.