Page 58 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 108  Next

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 11:52 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Hiring a Social Justice Warrior

Hilarious and horrifying at the same time.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 8:24 am

Quote:
white privilege....it implies that the problem is totally one of race, in a society where systemic racism is almost nonexistent.

Black men make up 6% percent of the U.S. population, but account for 40% of the unarmed men shot to death by police.
Blacks make up 13.2% of the U.S. population, but 40% of America's prison population.
Whites are more likely to use illicit drugs, but Blacks are three times more likely to go to prison for it.
White per capita income is $31,313; for Blacks, it is $18,406.
Black unemployment and poverty rates are consistently more than twice that of Whites.
This isn't some snowflake Liberal bleeding-heart opinion; it's well-documented objective reality.
And yeah; when you are comfortably part of the safety of the privileged 77.1% majority and you preface an argument with "I'm not racist, but..."; yeah; you are.

Nothing screams "white privilege" quite like a white male asserting his authority to define the parameters of what is and is not racist.

Last edited by Piobaire on 07 Jan 2018, 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 12:44 pm

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
SJWs have ruined a large chunk of my internet life and my trust in humanity. It's a prime reason why I left Tumblr, Fur Affinity, got banned from Fictionkin.com and a bunch of other places. Being someone with non-conventional views and beliefs that tend to offend the masses, I'm an easy target for those who see me as a threat to society and want to rid me.

SJWs did some real damage to my ability to trust too, though in time once I became familiar with what they were they thankfully got separated from the rest of humanity and those trust issues stopped applying to the rest of humanity. Mostly. It took a few years to happen though. It might take less with you as for a really long time I didn't know what a SJW is and didn't understand what one is properly, leaving me open to their tricks and traps because I had no idea what I was up against. I don't know if you had the same happen to you though. But if you know what they are, hopefully you're on your way.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 12:54 pm

Systematic/Institutional racism exists, white privilege does not. It implies that every white person has an unfair advantage which they do not. Many if not the vast majority of black people have been unfairly disadvataged due to Institutional, Individual, Deliberate, unintentional discrimination. That is not the same thing. Oh and racism is against another race not every group people may identify with. ASD people should not be agreeing go along with muddled definitions made by NT's to manipulate and bully other people.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:22 pm

Piobaire wrote:
Black men make up 6% percent of the U.S. population, but account for 40% of the unarmed men shot to death by police.

There are 2 possible explanations.
1. The police loves to shoot blacks.
2. Blacks commit violent crimes much more often than whites.
It seems that in your SJW reality the option 2 is not even considered.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:23 pm

Piobaire wrote:

For some reason, this logic isn't applied to Islam.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:34 pm

Quote:
Systematic/Institutional racism exists, white privilege does not. It implies that every white person has an unfair advantage which they do not.

You can't possibly be serious. Every single encounter with any authority figure I've ever experienced in my life, from teachers and school principals, to employers and supervisors, to bank managers and loan officers, to realtors, to police officers and judges, I have materially benefited from being a white male, as have you.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:39 pm

Quote:
There are 2 possible explanations.
1. The police loves to shoot blacks.
2. Blacks commit violent crimes much more often than whites.
It seems that in your SJW reality the option 2 is not even considered.

That's because option 2 is untrue (not to mention a non sequitur; note the qualifier; "unarmed").
It seems that in your racist reality, that's not even considered.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:44 pm

Piobaire wrote:
Quote:
Systematic/Institutional racism exists, white privilege does not. It implies that every white person has an unfair advantage which they do not.

You can't possibly be serious. Every single encounter with any authority figure I've ever experienced in my life, from teachers and school principals, to employers and supervisors, to bank managers and loan officers, to realtors, to police officers and judges, I have materially benefited from being a white male, as have you.

I've had a swimming teacher hit me on the head, a coach crushed my hand repeatedly and humiliated me in public, I have not gotten any sort of promotion or recommendation despite grinding it out at my job for eleven years, my last raise was just 20 cents, a college club coordinator kept rejecting my requests to start up a club, a police cop accused me of stealing my own car as well as accusing me of being intoxicated just because I was nervous, and my therapy is in danger of getting revoked simply because my struggles aren't considered "bad enough". Where is my white privelege coming in to save me? Oh yeah, it isn't. :roll:

Last edited by Marknis on 07 Jan 2018, 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:47 pm

Quote:
For some reason, this logic isn't applied to Islam.

Sure it does. Islam as practiced by the overwhelming majority of American Muslims doesn't threaten anyone.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:47 pm

Piobaire wrote:
I have materially benefited from being a white male, as have you.

You must be living in a different world, then.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:48 pm

Piobaire wrote:
That's because option 2 is untrue

You don't really know that until you weight all the facts objectively, what you never did.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:50 pm

Piobaire wrote:
Sure it does.

You're just blatantly lying. SJWs hate the Conservatives (or just anyone who is not SJW enough), but you absolutely love Islam.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:52 pm

Quote:
Where is my white privelege coming in to save me?

And yet, nobody's pulled you over for a broken taillight and shot you. Odd that disparity, don't you think?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 1:53 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Piobaire wrote:
Sure it does.

You're just blatantly lying. SJWs hate the Conservatives (or just anyone who is not SJW enough), but you absolutely love Islam.

You're blatantly lying, reactionaries insist that not kowtowing to their understanding of political correctness means hating them while simultaneously adoring all their opponents (no matter how much SJWs actually oppose those ideologies as well).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う