Page 66 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 108  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 12:15 am

XenoMind wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Just because it offends some people's sense of political correctness doesn't actually make it racist

The idea of giving people privilege or penalizing them due to their skin color is textbook racism. Period.

I'm not the one giving it, so that doesn't make your case that I'm racist.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 12:17 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
"You have white privilege" therefore must have not experienced life as black therefore your opinion is not valid is a form of shutting down discussion. It would be better to say something like white people in general are likely to have less experience with racism so it is a good idea to be open minded when black people discussed their experiences with racism.

Effectively you've said the same thing with two different wordings. The second wording is preferable.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 12:36 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Anyone who insists I am a white supremacist despite my avatar and my interests really needs to come up in the world. My dislike of the concept of "white privelege" is because it implies all white people walk in lockstep but I can tell you from living in the Bible Belt how wrong that is. I've been called "weird", "gay", or "Satanic" by white Christians the most, even when I used to call myself a Christian. I know white Wiccans and white Christians hate them with a passion or atleast call their religion "silly".

And ANTIFA are a joke. They get their asses kicked more often than not. There's even a video where a black man stood up to a group of them and one of them punched him but he turned out to be a glass cannon when he got hit back. Redneck Revolt are not my friends. I don't fit in with any group. I stand alone in this life.

Being a fan of anime wouldn't be evidence for or against, just ask the 4chan nazis.

I label people with that term based on the views they express, I haven't applied that label to you since I haven't read enough of your opinions on the matter to be able to have an opinion on if the label applies.

Not even all of the 'alt-right' are white supremacists, while they're almost universally western chauvinists, some appear to be much more moderate in regards to race than others. Even as far as white supremacists go, they don't all believe the same things, some are viciously anti-Semitic, but not all (for example).

4chan are a bunch of trolls who shouldn't ever be considered even remotely serious.

It never will apply. You are only going to end up in disappointment if you hope to find me saying anything that you could try to use against me. My post history is in the public domain so you are welcome to search it. Just because I don't like SJWs doesn't mean I root for the KKK.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 12:54 am

Marknis wrote:
Oddly enough, king SJW (jrjones) is quite the male chauvinist himself. Under the right conditions, he'll admit he enjoys smashing women with his genitals and he shoved his experiences in my face like a schoolyard bully.

Should those of us who've had sex refrain from saying so to protect the feelings of those who haven't? If so, I got bad news - that's what I'm going to be doing all next week while my fiancée is up.

Marknis wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
You don't actually get to choose. Whiteness is a lie.

And yet you keep getting into a pissfit about it. :roll:

You keep getting triggered by having it pointed out how it benefits people like you and I. That's not having a "pissfit", or blaming you, or blaming whites in general. Recognizing it exists doesn't mean you have to feel guilt, it just means you should be willing to listen to the experiences of people who don't benefit from it before dismissing and invalidating those experiences.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 1:18 am

A privilege is something afforded to a few.

Such as if someone is given a scholarship merely because of their skin tone, that would be considered a privilege. A person getting a job merely because of their sex, that is a privilege. Money is technically a privilege, and most things attributed to someone having "white privilege" is based in economics. So many of those "are you privileged" lists, I know plenty of non-white people who rank very high, while many white people rank low.

People are treating an entire demographic that is full of many different cultures as one monolith, as if they all get the same benefit as the next, while acting like non-white people never get any of that, and it's frankly acting like white people are somehow different from others, as if the "white race" is actually different, even superior, and must be lowered so that everyone might be equal.

Any time one race is singled out for something, it can typically be classified as racism. Treating races differently is racism in the most basic sense.

This is just Bolshevik rhetoric repackaged for identity rather than class.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 2:09 am

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
"You have white privilege" therefore must have not experienced life as black therefore your opinion is not valid is a form of shutting down discussion. It would be better to say something like white people in general are likely to have less experience with racism so it is a good idea to be open minded when black people discussed their experiences with racism.

Effectively you've said the same thing with two different wordings. The second wording is preferable.
:D

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 2:18 am

kamiyu910 wrote:

Bingo. Marxist revolutionaries since the time of Marx keep getting disappointed when the masses don't rise up in revolution. (Turns out the masses usually just want to get rich like everyone else.) So they are constantly in search of another group to serve as the agents (dupes) of revolution -- they try to foment uprising by race, or uprising by gender, or (remarkably for Marxists) uprising by religion (Islam in the West), always in an effort to undermine Western liberal institutions. The "Gramscian damage" (Eric Raymond's phrase) has been extensive, but the Western tradition of liberty and individualism still has some fight left in it, thank goodness.

There Are Four Lights!

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 10:04 am

funeralxempire wrote:
I'm not the one giving it, so that doesn't make your case that I'm racist.

So supporting racists doesn't make you a racist, oh I see. /s

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 10:08 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
If you haven't made the most of not getting charged with crimes at a higher rate

Hmmm, let me think why. Maybe because I never had to undergo a trial, in the first place? Because I just never was involved in any crime?
That's so racist and white privileged of me! /s

Last edited by XenoMind on 18 Jan 2018, 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 10:09 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Should those of us who've had sex refrain from saying so to protect the feelings of those who haven't? If so, I got bad news - that's what I'm going to be doing all next week while my fiancée is up.

I'm not a virgin. My point was that he claims to be a feminist yet he talks like the "male pigs" he thinks he is above.

Quote:
You keep getting triggered by having it pointed out how it benefits people like you and I. That's not having a "pissfit", or blaming you, or blaming whites in general. Recognizing it exists doesn't mean you have to feel guilt, it just means you should be willing to listen to the experiences of people who don't benefit from it before dismissing and invalidating those experiences.

Just because that's how you see it doesn't mean all those who use the term view it the same way. I've seen it used to attack "evil white people" and even downplay or dismiss the struggles of those who don't fit the mold such as those unlucky enough to be born into the Bible Belt but are not a mindless drone. As far as "benefits" go, until you can prove to me I have a mansion, high ranking job position, a six-figure income, and a smoking hot wife in wait somewhere I don't know about, I am going to keep calling BS. I don't live in my own house or apartment, I've been grinding away at my first and so far only job for nearly 12 years with no promotional offers, my last raise on my income (Which is poverty level) was 20 cents, and being non-religious as well as not a loud obnoxious jerk makes an already small dating pool even smaller for me. Of course, because I don't walk in lockstep with you, none of these things count as struggles to you. :roll:

Last edited by Marknis on 18 Jan 2018, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 10:33 am

The idea that white people get treated like a monolith makes me llool.

Whenever a white person commits a heinous crime, their entire history gets examined to try and discover their unique reasons. With a black criminal, this does not happen. Which group gets treated as a monolith in meaningful ways?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 10:50 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
The idea that white people get treated like a monolith makes me llool.

Whenever a white person commits a heinous crime, their entire history gets examined to try and discover their unique reasons. With a black criminal, this does not happen. Which group gets treated as a monolith in meaningful ways?

After the Vegas shooting, your posts about it were just "He was a white guy! He's evil! His skin color made him do it! Urrrrgggghhh!! !! !!" :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 10:58 am

They also over-psychoanalyze black people as well, as well as paper of "other races."

There was a guy named Wayne Williams who committed mass murder in the Atlanta area. He was a black man. The "analysis" of him in the news was at least equal to that of Adam Lanza and that ilk.

And don't forget OJ and that Bronco. All shows were preempted to show the Bronco being "chased" by police at about 40 mph.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 11:17 am

Look at the big picture. Heinous crimes refers to all heinous crimes, not just mass shootings. Reading Mark's interpretation of my comments as my actual comments makes zero sense, and I find it offensive. Please reply directly to my posts instead.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2018, 11:45 am

[Mod]

No personal attacks please. This includes accusing someone of being "triggered".

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2018, 11:53 am

Darmok wrote:
kamiyu910 wrote:

Bingo. Marxist revolutionaries since the time of Marx keep getting disappointed when the masses don't rise up in revolution. (Turns out the masses usually just want to get rich like everyone else.) So they are constantly in search of another group to serve as the agents (dupes) of revolution -- they try to foment uprising by race, or uprising by gender, or (remarkably for Marxists) uprising by religion (Islam in the West), always in an effort to undermine Western liberal institutions. The "Gramscian damage" (Eric Raymond's phrase) has been extensive, but the Western tradition of liberty and individualism still has some fight left in it, thank goodness.

You're completely right. Thank goodness the liberals are denouncing white privilege and standing up to far-right identity politics which has threatened the Western way of life.

Thanks to standing on the shoulders of giants and the innovations of intersectionality, SJWs are the greatest liberals and individualists yet.