Page 68 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 108  Next

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 4:36 pm

kamiyu910 wrote:
The term, "white privilege," in and of itself is not racist

It's racist just by the definition, because it's based on this distinction only: race. Stop trying to call black white, this is really boring and doesn't make any sense.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 4:38 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Saying white people have less melanin is a statement of fact.

And saying that some races have better performance in some areas? You're on a very dangerous road here ;)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 5:28 pm

XenoMind wrote:
kamiyu910 wrote:

It's racist just by the definition, because it's based on this distinction only: race. Stop trying to call black white, this is really boring and doesn't make any sense.

Clearly there's a disagreement over how 'racism' is defined, but if the posters you're arguing with aren't accepting your definition just repeating it over and over again isn't suddenly going to become a persuasive point in your favour.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 5:46 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
but if the posters you're arguing with aren't accepting your definition just repeating it over and over again isn't suddenly going to become a persuasive point in your favour.

That's true. So, please stop trying this on me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 5:49 pm

XenoMind wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
but if the posters you're arguing with aren't accepting your definition just repeating it over and over again isn't suddenly going to become a persuasive point in your favour.

That's true. So, please stop trying this on me.

Please stop trying to redefine the term in a way that makes your flawed arguments more viable and I promise to stop reminding you of what you're doing. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Please stop trying to redefine the term in a way that makes your flawed arguments more viable and I promise to stop reminding you of what you're doing. :wink:

Just stop doing the thing that, as you wrote yourself, is wrong to do.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 6:10 pm

XenoMind wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Just stop doing the thing that, as you wrote yourself, is wrong to do.

So basically your argument has been reduced to 'stop disagreeing with me and accept my redefinition of racism'? :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 6:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
So basically your argument has been reduced to 'stop disagreeing with me and accept my redefinition of racism'? :lol:

No, it's more like this: stop contradicting yourself.
And the second point that I just have to add: stop lying.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 6:23 pm

XenoMind wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

No, it's more like this: stop contradicting yourself.
And the second point that I just have to add: stop lying.

Try stomping your feet and saying 'I know you are but what am I?' a few more times, it's a very persuasive point.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 7:32 pm

XenoMind wrote:
kamiyu910 wrote:

It's only racist if you think there cannot be black privilege, or Hispanic, or Asian privilege as well. There is an inherent preference to one's specific race, tribalism basically, that most people are rather unaware of, and so if a Hispanic person is in a majority Hispanic area, they will be more likely to have a racially specific privilege by way of people being more likely to cater to them. This goes for a Japanese person in a majority Japanese area, etc. I personally wouldn't consider it "privilege" really, tho. It's just biological programming, rather than something afforded to only a few.

The term "white privilege" all by itself is just a statement, tho. Where it gets racist is when people assign specific definitions to it, or connotations, such as how many people consider "white pride" to be a racist statement. However, they claim that black pride is not at all in any circumstance racist, which I find hypocritical. Either both statements are racist, or neither are.
Of course with our current social climate, the term has become racially charged, with how many people use it to silence others merely because of their race. That is despicable, especially when they try to justify it. There is no justification for hating an entire group of people.

It's like, "we're so anti racist! Watch as we completely silence, judge, ridicule, and guilt, this entire demographic based on their skin color!!" Any time anyone treats someone differently because of their race, it is by definition racist.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 9:12 pm

Personally, I think the "privilege" model of society is inherently faultly.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 9:21 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Try stomping your feet and saying 'I know you are but what am I?' a few more times, it's a very persuasive point.

You must know well how it is.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 9:22 pm

kamiyu910 wrote:
It's like, "we're so anti racist! Watch as we completely silence, judge, ridicule, and guilt, this entire demographic based on their skin color!!" Any time anyone treats someone differently because of their race, it is by definition racist.

Absolutely agreed. :cheers:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 9:24 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Personally, I think the "privilege" model of society is inherently faultly.

Really?

There are some people in our society who can use their wealth to influence elections. I can't do that.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:04 pm

XenoMind wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

You must know well how it is.

You're not the first one to try it on me. :wink:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 7:36 am

Lol @ people screaming about being silenced.