Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:53 am

Sometimes political debates are annoying when you realize one or both sides are twisting facts close enough to appearances to where most people could reasonably fall for one side or the other's BS. At other times they just drop all pretense of duty to reality and if you're like me you realize that you're seeing something quite special and it might be time to pause the video and heat up a batch of popcorn.

It's a radio show that invited Phil Kelly of the Northern Ireland Labour Party to talk as well as Doug Murray of The Spectator. Listening to Phil though just made my day. To my understanding now Cuba was a utopia of top quality free healthcare, free education, free foreign aid to places like Venezuela, helped end apartheid, and any seeming brutality or backwardness can be - 110% - blamed on the US and what the US tried to do to Castro including their lack of internet! They would have been holding hand hands and singing Imagine for the last 50 years if it weren't for our pesky meddling or one-sided support of Batista cronies! Whooda thunk!!

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

traven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 4:11 am

some worries are ok?

looked it up on le monde diplomatique and stumble on Jeanpaul Sartre rightaway, how is it that he is still a thing, flash back to another post, academic freedom in the age of conformity*..............
heaps, french ofcourse, on the Castro-Sartre-search
gives something to look into, not that into Sartre anyway, i prefer Camus to that

but maybe might it have been experimental or usefull, because real enemies of the order, this little and close don't stand a chance,
when feeding chicken to moloch's the thing to do

:scratch: