Page 164 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 214  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 4:25 pm

from robert reich:

This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.
Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?
He: All I know is they’re simmering over there.
Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.
He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.
Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they?
He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.
Me: So they're pissed off?
He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.
Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?
He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up.
Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?
He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.
Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.
He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.
Me: For what?
He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.
Me: You think Republicans would go that far?
He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.
Me: Like a nuclear war?
He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?
Me: So what’s gonna happen?
He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in s**t up to our eyeballs with this guy.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 5:44 pm

McCain isn’t republican. He’s total democrat in action. Trump hasn’t done anything obama or bush didn’t do. People are being ridiculous

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 5:58 pm

sly279 wrote:
McCain isn’t republican. He’s total democrat in action. Trump hasn’t done anything obama or bush didn’t do. People are being ridiculous

except lie 5X/day every day and try in multiple ways to get us all killed, etc.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 6:57 pm

sly279 wrote:

That's because he hasn't actually done anything. The sum of his achievements is that he's the number 1 twitter troll. You guys keep rewarding him for nasty rhetoric, but he hasn't actually followed through with any agenda item he's claimed to be for because he just flat out doesn't understand how democracy and politics work. Truth be told, that could be a blanket statement for Republicans in general anymore, they've had congressional majorities for 7 years now and they can't seem to be able pass jack or s**t, they need to replace their elephant mascot with an empty viaggra bottle because they're completely impotent.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 8:11 pm

sly279 wrote:

They have been ridiculous from the very beginning.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 8:22 pm

cathylynn wrote:
sly279 wrote:

What? By flying planes over South Korea like obama and bush and Clinton did? It’s called showing military force to say back down or be beaten. It’s the only hint dictators understand

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 8:25 pm

sly279 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
sly279 wrote:

What? By flying planes over South Korea like obama and bush and Clinton did? It’s called showing military force to say back down or be beaten. It’s the only hint dictators understand

in the case of korea, it's the rhetoric.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 8:54 pm

and how is he not making the chances of catastrophic warming worse?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 12:28 am

cathylynn wrote:
from robert reich:

This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.
Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?
He: All I know is they’re simmering over there.
Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.
He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.
Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they?
He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.
Me: So they're pissed off?
He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.
Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?
He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up.
Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?
He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.
Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.
He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.
Me: For what?
He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.
Me: You think Republicans would go that far?
He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.
Me: Like a nuclear war?
He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?
Me: So what’s gonna happen?
He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in s**t up to our eyeballs with this guy.

Do they not not see that an impeachment or a 25th Amendment makes it more like he will completly crack up and launch a nuclear war? Look at how he reacts to bieng blocked by the resistence. Too late now. They knew who he is and had thier chanches. The party could have rewritten the rules prior to the convention to deny him the nominintion. Members of both parties could have messed with or refuse to certify the electoral college. They did not do those those things out of legitimate fears of violent backlash and setting a bad precedent and because they wanted thier agenda passed. They decided to take a chance and now that it looks like dispite controlling all three branches of goverment their agenda is going nowhere. The hope that he was going to become “presidential” was and is wishful thinking born of desperation.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 1:35 am

As we are only a couple of months away from his 1 year anniversary as President can someone state his achievements so far? I mean that seriously, I am not in the US so get to hear the squabbling without seeing the results. If someone could just state the achievements it would help to see it clearer.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 1:46 am

Biscuitman wrote:
As we are only a couple of months away from his 1 year anniversary as President can someone state his achievements so far? I mean that seriously, I am not in the US so get to hear the squabbling without seeing the results. If someone could just state the achievements it would help to see it clearer.

Here is one list (much too long to cut and paste):

http://www.magapill.com/

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 2:07 am

Darmok wrote:

No that can't be right. All he does is tweet, play golf and tell lies. A fact firmly established from watching tabloid news on the telly.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 4:33 am

Darmok wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

Thank you, Mr. Darmok. I know exactly what it is like to want to do something and being fought every step of the way by asses - I'm living it right now. If Obama had had even a smidgen of what Trump is having to deal with, he would have been in a corner curled up sucking his thumb like a little baby. But Trump has balls. I may be just on a little HOA Board , but I am being fought every step of the way just because I want to do things to make the place better - the decks are falling down and are going to be a huge capital project that we don't have the money for, but because I want to have an assessment that would be fair for all and everyone would get a new deck, instead other board members actually got signatures to get me thrown off the board. They have no plan though on how they will fix 80 decks that are almost 40 years old except to fix about 3 a year which means without an assessment it will take over 26 years to fix the decks for Christ's sake. There are other things that I have helped improve,but that doesn't matter. My point being is that I know what it is like to have people come after you when all you want to do is to make things better and you get fought every step of the way. Now I guess you could say they are trying to "impeach" me by getting a bunch of signatures on a petition that is full of lies. I don't even get to defend myself - enough signatures and I'm out. So it may be on a smaller scale,but I know exactly what Trump lives with day to day having people against you (and even people you know against you) - you don't know who to trust and it can really affect a person physically and mentally. So you know, I understand completely why Trump has not been able to do a lot of his agenda of what he would like to do. Obama had no resistance at all and still did nothing except golf and cause problems that Trump is having to deal with now - Obama Care, NK Clinton started and the Iran deal - all Democratic messes.

So yes, I would vote for Trump all over again.

And another thing, if we go to war with NK, it isn't just Trump making that decision - Congress also makes that decision.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 5:32 am

We are technically still at war with the DPRK. The congressional vote happened half a century ago, but still stands, AFAIK. The motto of the troops there is "Fight tonight."

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Oct 2017, 6:25 am

sly279 wrote:
McCain isn’t republican. He’s total democrat in action.

McCain has been a Republican for 30 years. He has run for the Republican presidential nomination twice, and received it in 2008.

Political groups often assess politicians based on how often they vote the way that group would like. McCain's Wikipedia page provides a summary of how several groups have assessed him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCa ... _positions

To save you a click,
The American Conservative Union has awarded McCain a lifetime rating of 82 percent through 2015, while McCain has an average lifetime 12 percent "Liberal Quotient" from Americans for Democratic Action through 2015

On the other hand, as recently as 2008, Donald Trump was calling himself a Democrat and calling for universal healthcare in the United States.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 6:38 am

Ha! That click was never going to happen. Truthiness over truthfulness.