Page 2 of 180 [ 2690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 180  Next

Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 133

21 Jan 2017, 11:54 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

That's very rude. I'm high functioning and I voted for him. I'm on SSI, but I don't want to stay that way. I don't like the idea of the government playing the role of my parent. By the way, welfare is a form of government slavery. Destroy the economy and make it so more and more people rely on The State. It is a form of economic slavery.


You do know you personally can't survive without SSI, don't you?


Why would you say such a thing? He's going to school and personally, yes, he will be able to get off of it - as long as he doesn't listen to people like you!

Thank you.



Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 133

21 Jan 2017, 11:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

That's very rude. I'm high functioning and I voted for him. I'm on SSI, but I don't want to stay that way. I don't like the idea of the government playing the role of my parent. By the way, welfare is a form of government slavery. Destroy the economy and make it so more and more people rely on The State. It is a form of economic slavery.


You do know you personally can't survive without SSI, don't you?

That changes soon, as I will no longer need it. I didn't say it wasn't needed. It IS needed, but only because of economic situations. If we had a strong economy and a strong dollar, less and less people would need it; including myself. Think about how much cheaper housing used to be, how much easier it was to own a car, ect. We USED to have a strong currency and we no longer do. This is done by design.


Then do you expect to be able to get a job, despite the fact that employers are allowed to be picky about who they hire? Are you expecting whatever reason that keeps you from being employed to just magically vanish?
Caring about people in need is not any sort of slavery.

You missed my whole point. It's not about caring about people. If the government cared, there would be no Federal Reserve, or at the very least the FED would be over-sighted. It isn't. As the old saying goes, you can give a man a fish or you can teach him to fish.



Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Age: 29
Posts: 623
Location: England

22 Jan 2017, 12:00 am

Quote:
And what of those who aren't able to raise themselves off of public support? Are they just supposed to die?


What did they do before? I don't think Trump has outlawed charity yet.


_________________
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.


Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 133

22 Jan 2017, 12:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

That's very rude. I'm high functioning and I voted for him. I'm on SSI, but I don't want to stay that way. I don't like the idea of the government playing the role of my parent. By the way, welfare is a form of government slavery. Destroy the economy and make it so more and more people rely on The State. It is a form of economic slavery.


You do know you personally can't survive without SSI, don't you?


Why would you say such a thing? He's going to school and personally, yes, he will be able to get off of it - as long as he doesn't listen to people like you!


I sincerely hope he can find a great job after he graduates. But if he suffers from anxiety, or some other reason why he needs to be on SSI, it isn't going to magically disappear.
And what of those who aren't able to raise themselves off of public support? Are they just supposed to die?

Although, I still have anxiety I have matured to the point where I can cope much better than before. I have spent years maturing and honing my social skills, both consciously and subconsciously. I can now function as an adult not to the degree of NT, but to the degree that no one can tell unless they actually know me. I am very high functioning and thus don't appear to have aspergers to most people, unless they have studied it in depth and even then they'd have to personally know me. Also, the type of job I am going to training for is ideal. It is ideal not only for salary, but for the work shift; despite being permanent night shift. I am going to be a sleep study technician. Most only work 3 nights a week and do 12 hour shifts. The average pay is $52,000 a year. I get frustrated with situations that I feel don't yield desirable results. So, if I had a low income job I would have all the trouble in the world. Obviously this type of job is not considered low income. Also, thank you.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,723
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

22 Jan 2017, 12:06 am

Datalis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

That's very rude. I'm high functioning and I voted for him. I'm on SSI, but I don't want to stay that way. I don't like the idea of the government playing the role of my parent. By the way, welfare is a form of government slavery. Destroy the economy and make it so more and more people rely on The State. It is a form of economic slavery.


You do know you personally can't survive without SSI, don't you?

That changes soon, as I will no longer need it. I didn't say it wasn't needed. It IS needed, but only because of economic situations. If we had a strong economy and a strong dollar, less and less people would need it; including myself. Think about how much cheaper housing used to be, how much easier it was to own a car, ect. We USED to have a strong currency and we no longer do. This is done by design.


Then do you expect to be able to get a job, despite the fact that employers are allowed to be picky about who they hire? Are you expecting whatever reason that keeps you from being employed to just magically vanish?
Caring about people in need is not any sort of slavery.

You missed my whole point. It's not about caring about people. If the government cared, there would be no Federal Reserve, or at the very least the FED would be over-sighted. It isn't. As the old saying goes, you can give a man a fish or you can teach him to fish.


But what if that man can't fish, or is physically or mentally incapable of making a living, is he just supposed be left to die? The government has a responsibility to care for those in need if we are actually a country of faith..


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,723
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

22 Jan 2017, 12:09 am

Datalis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

That's very rude. I'm high functioning and I voted for him. I'm on SSI, but I don't want to stay that way. I don't like the idea of the government playing the role of my parent. By the way, welfare is a form of government slavery. Destroy the economy and make it so more and more people rely on The State. It is a form of economic slavery.


You do know you personally can't survive without SSI, don't you?


Why would you say such a thing? He's going to school and personally, yes, he will be able to get off of it - as long as he doesn't listen to people like you!


I sincerely hope he can find a great job after he graduates. But if he suffers from anxiety, or some other reason why he needs to be on SSI, it isn't going to magically disappear.
And what of those who aren't able to raise themselves off of public support? Are they just supposed to die?

Although, I still have anxiety I have matured to the point where I can cope much better than before. I have spent years maturing and honing my social skills, both consciously and subconsciously. I can now function as an adult not to the degree of NT, but to the degree that no one can tell unless they actually know me. I am very high functioning and thus don't appear to have aspergers to most people, unless they have studied it in depth and even then they'd have to personally know me. Also, the type of job I am going to training for is ideal. It is ideal not only for salary, but for the work shift; despite being permanent night shift. I am going to be a sleep study technician. Most only work 3 nights a week and do 12 hour shifts. The average pay is $52,000 a year. I get frustrated with situations that I feel don't yield desirable results. So, if I had a low income job I would have all the trouble in the world. Obviously this type of job is not considered low income. Also, thank you.


I sincerely wish you the best of luck, but not everyone is in the same boat, and will always need assistance.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 133

22 Jan 2017, 12:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

That's very rude. I'm high functioning and I voted for him. I'm on SSI, but I don't want to stay that way. I don't like the idea of the government playing the role of my parent. By the way, welfare is a form of government slavery. Destroy the economy and make it so more and more people rely on The State. It is a form of economic slavery.


You do know you personally can't survive without SSI, don't you?

That changes soon, as I will no longer need it. I didn't say it wasn't needed. It IS needed, but only because of economic situations. If we had a strong economy and a strong dollar, less and less people would need it; including myself. Think about how much cheaper housing used to be, how much easier it was to own a car, ect. We USED to have a strong currency and we no longer do. This is done by design.


Then do you expect to be able to get a job, despite the fact that employers are allowed to be picky about who they hire? Are you expecting whatever reason that keeps you from being employed to just magically vanish?
Caring about people in need is not any sort of slavery.

You missed my whole point. It's not about caring about people. If the government cared, there would be no Federal Reserve, or at the very least the FED would be over-sighted. It isn't. As the old saying goes, you can give a man a fish or you can teach him to fish.


But what if that man can't fish, or is physically or mentally incapable of making a living, is he just supposed be left to die? The government has a responsibility to care for those in need if we are actually a country of faith..

I think you misunderstood, or maybe I need to explain further. Some assistance MAY be necessary for a select view, however even those who are mentally unfit could have simple jobs like mopping floors. There would be those that couldn't even do that and assistance would be fine. The thing is people could work very low end jobs and still make a living, whereas today they cannot. People used to be able to live okay working a place such as Walmart. That is no longer the case. Hell, if you want to go real far back people used to make money shining shoes. I want the dollar to be so damn strong, that someone who mops floors can buy a decent car; like how it was in the old days.



rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Posts: 603
Location: USA

22 Jan 2017, 12:19 am

I voted for him because I thought he'd have a clue about how to fix the economy and also because I live somewhere that has been having problems with illegal immigrants, but I didn't expect him to cut funding for arts programs. I probably have my priorities all wrong, but I care more about art, science, and education than women's, LGBT, disabled, etc. rights. Those are important, but they're not something I feel should be actively fought for because they're already one. The attitudes toward some of those groups is a different story, but systemic oppression ended decades ago.

So anyway, it's an unpleasant shock to see that he's axing art programs, when it's such a tiny part of the national budget. It's like he has a vendetta against them.

I'm also worried about the idea of cutting the EPA altogether. The regulations we have now are hurting a lot of smaller businesses, but we do need some regulations or we'll end up causing our own extinction.



Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 133

22 Jan 2017, 12:23 am

rats_and_cats wrote:
I voted for him because I thought he'd have a clue about how to fix the economy and also because I live somewhere that has been having problems with illegal immigrants, but I didn't expect him to cut funding for arts programs. I probably have my priorities all wrong, but I care more about art, science, and education than women's, LGBT, disabled, etc. rights. Those are important, but they're not something I feel should be actively fought for because they're already one. The attitudes toward some of those groups is a different story, but systemic oppression ended decades ago.

So anyway, it's an unpleasant shock to see that he's axing art programs, when it's such a tiny part of the national budget. It's like he has a vendetta against them.

I'm also worried about the idea of cutting the EPA altogether. The regulations we have now are hurting a lot of smaller businesses, but we do need some regulations or we'll end up causing our own extinction.

Those are legitimate concerns and well thought out. I'm sure everything will be fine. I have a feeling we're going to have a more scaled down EPA-like organization, or some other federal department will take care of minor regulations. The EPA is just so big and has so many over-regulations, Trump probably thinks it's just easier to start from the ground up.



Datalis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 133

22 Jan 2017, 12:42 am

redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

Angela deserves a warm welcome here, especially considering how many immature and rude users we have here. ^^



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,723
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

22 Jan 2017, 1:14 am

Datalis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

That's very rude. I'm high functioning and I voted for him. I'm on SSI, but I don't want to stay that way. I don't like the idea of the government playing the role of my parent. By the way, welfare is a form of government slavery. Destroy the economy and make it so more and more people rely on The State. It is a form of economic slavery.


You do know you personally can't survive without SSI, don't you?

That changes soon, as I will no longer need it. I didn't say it wasn't needed. It IS needed, but only because of economic situations. If we had a strong economy and a strong dollar, less and less people would need it; including myself. Think about how much cheaper housing used to be, how much easier it was to own a car, ect. We USED to have a strong currency and we no longer do. This is done by design.


Then do you expect to be able to get a job, despite the fact that employers are allowed to be picky about who they hire? Are you expecting whatever reason that keeps you from being employed to just magically vanish?
Caring about people in need is not any sort of slavery.

You missed my whole point. It's not about caring about people. If the government cared, there would be no Federal Reserve, or at the very least the FED would be over-sighted. It isn't. As the old saying goes, you can give a man a fish or you can teach him to fish.


But what if that man can't fish, or is physically or mentally incapable of making a living, is he just supposed be left to die? The government has a responsibility to care for those in need if we are actually a country of faith..

I think you misunderstood, or maybe I need to explain further. Some assistance MAY be necessary for a select view, however even those who are mentally unfit could have simple jobs like mopping floors. There would be those that couldn't even do that and assistance would be fine. The thing is people could work very low end jobs and still make a living, whereas today they cannot. People used to be able to live okay working a place such as Walmart. That is no longer the case. Hell, if you want to go real far back people used to make money shining shoes. I want the dollar to be so damn strong, that someone who mops floors can buy a decent car; like how it was in the old days.


With the law of supply and demand, there is never going to be enough low end jobs just because people need them. That, and such jobs rarely, if ever, pay enough. Then there's the problem with health care and education that most jobs don't supply enough money for adequately. And all we get from the right is talk how that isn't society's problem, when in fact a healthy, educated people is the most productive and happy.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,759
Location: Kansas

22 Jan 2017, 2:38 am

Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

Angela deserves a warm welcome here, especially considering how many immature and rude users we have here. ^^


Why thank you, Mr. Datalis. It's always nice to know that I'm wanted here, being that I'm a non-aspie and all. That was a kind thing to say. :mrgreen:


_________________
Me grumpy?
I'm happiness challenged.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.


Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,260
Location: On the ocean

22 Jan 2017, 3:10 am

I find this delightfully amusing: "Man wearing a Make America Great Again hat picking up trash after the women's march in Washington, D.C.":

https://twitter.com/calebecarma/status/ ... 5132947456

(Don't know if you can embed tweets as you can on some sites.)

Leftovers:

Image


_________________
There are four lights!


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,548
Location: Long Island, New York

22 Jan 2017, 3:13 am

redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.


NT's belong because Alex allows them to be here.


_________________
How can Autism be trendy and a popular insult at the same time?

Recovering from tongue cancer and suspected Ramsey Hunt Syndrome (Ear Shingles), somewhat verbal.
Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity


Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 May 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,999
Location: NZ

22 Jan 2017, 4:44 am

nurseangela wrote:
Datalis wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
And I say NT's need to stop trespassing where they don't belong - Wrong Planet.

Angela deserves a warm welcome here, especially considering how many immature and rude users we have here. ^^


Why thank you, Mr. Datalis. It's always nice to know that I'm wanted here, being that I'm a non-aspie and all. That was a kind thing to say. :mrgreen:
What made you interested in Wrong Planet then. I'm just curious.