Page 172 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 214  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 8:38 pm

Kim Jung-un makes blatant threats not passive agressive statements. And many more people than just Trump are sick and tired of it and consider him of himself to be a threat. If Kim lauches a nuke, which will hardly kill all of us, it will be the last nuke he ever launches.

But of couse the way people are supposed to view this is that Trump will start WWIII.

We must be terrified that Trump will start WWIII. Be afraid, be very afraid. Lose sleep, get ulcers. Trump is going to start WWIII any minute now.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 8:48 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I just don't see what "good" Trump has done.

He's a thin-skinned fellow who doesn't like to be insulted. He just gratuitously insults people on Twitter. He's not going to get much done because he offends both sides of the political spectrum.

He just doesn't portray the image of a "President." Unless you want your President to be like P. T. Barnum.

He's sort of like Lyndon Johnson without the political acumen.

He stopped the illegal Obama’s gun control targeting disabled people. You know like us aspies who have just a much right to human rights as nts.
He’s also the first president to not back down to dear leader which if had happen 20 years ago we might not be in the situation we are currently with North Korea. Instead we helped fund their nuclear program. Same with Iran. Otherwise the Democrats throwing tantrums won’t let anything get done.

A lot of people these days don't want a leader with a backbone. They want a milquetoast marshmallow.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 8:51 pm

Perhaps some day in the far future someone skilled in the area will do a theme analysis on this massive thread, long after Trump has gone, marvelling at the division Trump inspired as no other President had ever done.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 8:59 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kim Jung-un makes blatant threats not passive agressive statements. And many more people than just Trump are sick and tired of it and consider him of himself to be a threat. If Kim lauches a nuke, which will hardly kill all of us, it will be the last nuke he ever launches.

But of couse the way people are supposed to view this is that Trump will start WWIII.

We must be terrified that Trump will start WWIII. Be afraid, be very afraid. Lose sleep, get ulcers. Trump is going to start WWIII any minute now.

if kim had launched a nuke at us under obama, that also would have been the last nuke he ever launched. teddy roosevelt, who, unlike trump, had the backbone to fight in military battles, said, "speak softly and carry a big stick."

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:23 pm

brad vincent: trump is fighting with a pow with brain cancer and an army widow who's six months pregnant.

yeah, big tough guy taking on the real problems.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:36 pm

Who, in their right mind, wants a "marshmallow milquetoast?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 10:15 pm

cathylynn wrote:
EzraS wrote:

if kim had launched a nuke at us under obama, that also would have been the last nuke he ever launched. teddy roosevelt, who, unlike trump, had the backbone to fight in military battles, said, "speak softly and carry a big stick."

All the years of the speak softly and carry a big stick method did absolutely nothing to curtail Kim.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 11:02 pm

EzraS wrote:

I quite frankly don't care who starts WWIII. It's bad news for everyone if it happens, so it's better if it doesn't. I can guarantee WWIII will have worse consequences than just lost sleep and ulcers. I do believe Kim Jung Un is a threat, but pressing his buttons is just going to increase the odds of him acting. He doesn't have to kill all of you with a nuke either. It's bad news if anyone is killed by one. Wouldn't it be better if he doesn't launch one to begin with? The bottom line is, he's not the kind of guy whose buttons ought to be pressed.

Now, if your line of thinking is he's going to nuke you anyways...that's pretty fatalistic. If you're suggesting it's good of Trump to egg Kim on to get it out of the way then you've already given up. Look, if I had to rank world leaders based on how bad they are, I'd put Kim at number 1, and Trump only at number 4. But, if a war breaks out that's all irrelevant. The best thing we can do is to try to put out the fire rather than igniting it.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 11:02 pm

EzraS wrote:

I quite frankly don't care who starts WWIII. It's bad news for everyone if it happens, so it's better if it doesn't. I can guarantee WWIII will have worse consequences than just lost sleep and ulcers. I do believe Kim Jung Un is a threat, but pressing his buttons is just going to increase the odds of him acting. He doesn't have to kill all of you with a nuke either. It's bad news if anyone is killed by one. Wouldn't it be better if he doesn't launch one to begin with? The bottom line is, he's not the kind of guy whose buttons ought to be pressed.

Now, if your line of thinking is he's going to nuke you anyways...that's pretty fatalistic. If you're suggesting it's good of Trump to egg Kim on to get it out of the way then you've already given up. Look, if I had to rank world leaders based on how bad they are, I'd put Kim at number 1, and Trump only at number 4. But, if a war breaks out that's all irrelevant. The best thing we can do is to try to put out the fire rather than igniting it.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 11:47 pm

one does wonder.

north korea is at the stage where their range is mid pacific i think.
but N.K does not yet have the ability to guide the missiles.
at present, they are ballistic trajectories.

they would also have to stealth up their missiles so they can not be detected some how, and stopped before reaching their targets.

the targets should be things like water supplies ...hoover dam, colorado river, and great lakes, and the major river spawning points.

then maybe the financial district of new york and the pentagon, and also major electricity grid intersections .

but even if all their missiles are guaranteed to hit their target by gps guidance, they would be detected and north korea would have only a few minutes to gloat over their achievement before american guided missiles blow their target areas to annihilation.

bad work.

i wonder what would happen if the woeld said "OK N.K. we will relax all our sanctions on you and you can operate as you wish"

jung il (or whatever his name is) may say...ok...you've paid attention, so we will desist.

it's really a snowballing retaliatory response by the west of impositions of sanctions, and north korea's idea that it should be allowed to defend itself that is the root of the whole problem.

if that's all that kim un whatever is lamenting about, then briefly change it back to no sanctions, and see what he says.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 11:57 pm

EzraS wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
EzraS wrote:

All the years of the speak softly and carry a big stick method did absolutely nothing to curtail Kim.

we're still here, aren't we?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 1:24 am

cathylynn wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Kim only just recently completed the manufacture of an ICBM with a warhead. Talking softly did absolutely nothing to curtail that process over the years. In other words it brought us to where we are now, staring down the barrel of Kim's brand new neclear missle launcher.

But instead of more velvet glove pussyfooting Kim has enjoyed the entire time, he's now dealing with the exact opposite of that. And I think it has him scared to death. He has to put on a show for NK, but I think he's absolutely terrified of Trump.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 9:28 am

EzraS wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Kim only just recently completed the manufacture of an ICBM with a warhead. Talking softly did absolutely nothing to curtail that process over the years. In other words it brought us to where we are now, staring down the barrel of Kim's brand new neclear missle launcher.

But instead of more velvet glove pussyfooting Kim has enjoyed the entire time, he's now dealing with the exact opposite of that. And I think it has him scared to death. He has to put on a show for NK, but I think he's absolutely terrified of Trump.

We kept on giving him and his dad part of the stick. They kept on promising to not break the stick but they always did.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
EzraS wrote:

We kept on giving him and his dad part of the stick. They kept on promising to not break the stick but they always did.

kim has stepped up the pace of his nuclear program (for sure, he's doing more tests) since trump started bloviating.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 6:22 pm

general dunford is a gem.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 7:05 pm

cathylynn wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I just don't see what "good" Trump has done.

He's a thin-skinned fellow who doesn't like to be insulted. He just gratuitously insults people on Twitter. He's not going to get much done because he offends both sides of the political spectrum.

He just doesn't portray the image of a "President." Unless you want your President to be like P. T. Barnum.

He's sort of like Lyndon Johnson without the political acumen.

He stopped the illegal Obama’s gun control targeting disabled people. You know like us aspies who have just a much right to human rights as nts.
He’s also the first president to not back down to dear leader which if had happen 20 years ago we might not be in the situation we are currently with North Korea. Instead we helped fund their nuclear program. Same with Iran. Otherwise the Democrats throwing tantrums won’t let anything get done.

i agree that folks with disabilities shouldn't be discriminated against with regard to gun ownership, but i look at the big picture. many folks with disabilities use medicaid, which the republican budget cuts by something like 500 billion. folks are gonna die. i think that's more important.

They haven’t cut anything yet. They haven’t gotten a single thing done since week one where they repealed a lot of Obama’s stuff he did in the last months before he left. Congress hasn’t gotten anything passed or done. Look we have all republicans so repealing obama care and passing the share act should be easy but republicans couldn’t get enough votes for either too many rhinos to get any republican dreams done. Congress is ineffective as it should be.

Why are the millions who’d might die from cuts more import then the millions who’d died in raids under Obama’s excutive order? Bigger picture is without the 2nd amendment and bill of rights no one would be safe.