Page 202 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 ... 214  Next

bamsaidthelady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2018, 2:37 am

nurseangela wrote:
In corporate news, Walmart said it will raise its starting wage to $11 per hour and will give some employees bonuses following the tax-bill passage.

Great distraction from them shutting down a bunch of Sam's Clubs and laying off thousands of workers.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -employees

A company that singlehandedly made 2% of the GDP of the richest nation ever (in at least one year) could easily employ as many or more people as before, pay them decent wages, and provide benefits....but they don't.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 6:21 pm

HOT DIGGITY!! !! !!

Published January 14, 2018

Trump says DACA 'probably dead'; team backs 'strong stance,' blames Democrats

By Joseph Weber | Fox News

President Trump tweets that DACA is 'probably dead'

President Trump on Sunday argued again that Democrats and their demands -- not him or fellow Republicans in Congress -- have throttled negotiations to provide permanent legal protection for young illegal immigrants and made clear that any such deal also must end the United States’ lottery-immigration program.

“DACA is probably dead because the Democrats don’t really want it, they just want to talk and take desperately needed money away from our Military,” said Trump, in one of several tweets on the issue of immigration reform and on the related Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program.

The president and Congress are attempting to reach a deal on comprehensive immigration reform as part of a federal spending bill that Congress must pass by Friday to avoid a government shutdown.

Trump’s tweets Sunday follow an intense week of negotiation on the issue, including a 55-minute, televised White House meeting with him and Democratic and Republican congressional leaders.

Among the issues are Trump’s desire for any such deal to include money for a U.S.-Mexico wall for border security and changes to the lottery and so-called “chain migration” immigration programs.

Democrats want the deal to include the permanent protections for young illegal immigrants, now that Trump is ending such safeguards under DACA, the executive order by former President Barack Obama.

Trump announced the change last year and said the program would end in March 2018. But Democrats and others had hoped to reach a deal on DACA under the upcoming spending bill.

After last week’s White House meeting, a bipartisan group of senators submitted a plan to the White House that seemed agreeable to Trump -- considering it reportedly included $1.6 billion for his border wall.

However, the White House by Thursday had essentially rejected the deal, arguing it didn’t go far enough to curtail the chain migration, which allows green card holders and U.S. citizens to petition to bring family members into the United  States.

Trump also sparked a firestorm over his reported comments at the White House meeting related to the immigration-lottery programs, which allows people into the U.S. from countries that don’t have a lot of immigrants in the United States.

Critics have since characterized his remarks as racist.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was at the meeting with Trump and others. She told “Fox News Sunday” that she didn’t “recall him using that exact phrase” about people coming from Haiti and some African nations, but that he did use “strong language” on the lottery issue.

“I think what the president is saying is that he’d like to move to a more merit-based (system) that is based on the individual,” Nielsen said. “I take a little bit of offense to the comments that the president is racist.”

Trump also tweeted Sunday: “I, as President, want people coming into our Country who are going to help us become strong and great again, people coming in through a system based on MERIT. No more Lotteries! #AMERICA FIRST.”

Deputy White House Press Secretary Raj Shah on Sunday also suggested that Democrats are trying to undermine immigration negotiations with their talk.

“Democrats seem to be moving the goal post,” he said on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends.” “You don’t have a meeting in the Oval Office, then leak contents if you're serious about cutting a deal.”

Shah pointed out that Washington lawmakers have a month and a half until DACA begins to wind down and find a permanent solution. And he expressed concern about shuttering the government this week over the issue.

“That would be very unfortunate,” he said.

Trump tweeted Saturday: “The Democrats are all talk and no action. They are doing nothing to fix DACA. Great opportunity missed. Too bad!”

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 1:06 am

Walmart’s full of it.
http://changewalmart.org/2018/01/11/mak ... t-changes/

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 6:52 pm

Trump admin will appeal DACA ruling directly to the Supreme Court
www.dailymail.co.uk

U.S. District Judge William Alsup granted a request a week ago to prevent Donald Trump from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program
DACA has protected about 800,000 people who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children or came with families who overstayed visas.

The White House called Alsup's ruling 'outrageous' and Trump tweeted that it 'just shows everyone how broken and unfair our Court System is'.

Now the Justice Department will appeal the ruling to the liberal Ninth Circuit, But it will also leapfrog directly to the Supreme Court at the same time in order to grease the wheels of justice

The Justice Department launched a frontal assault Tuesday on a judge's ruling that protected beneficiaries of the DACA program from the threat of its termination in March.

The Department of Justice said it would go directly to the Supreme Court to establish that the White House can legally shutter Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, an Obama-era executive order that offered deportation protection and work permits to hundreds of thousands of people who entered the U.S. illegally as children.

U.S. District Judge William Alsup granted a request a week ago to block the administration from ending DACA while lawsuits play out. He also ordered the administration to resume accepting renewal applications from people already enrolled in the program.

'It defies both law and common sense for DACA ... to somehow be mandated nationwide by a single district court in San Francisco,' Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement.

Fighting mad: U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Tuesday that he will go directly to the Supreme Court to push back against a federal judge who blocked the administration from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program

President Donald Trump is using the threat of DACA's demise in March as leverage to get Democrats to agree to fund his proposed border wall, but the judge's ruling took that piece of the puzzle out of his hands

The DACA program has pitted immigrants' rights groups against conservatives who voted for Trump because of his promise to get tough on immigration

Sessions noted that DACA was 'an entirely discretionary non-enforcement policy that was implemented unilaterally by the last administration,' and that Congress had previously 'rejected similar legislative proposals.'

The central legal question surrounding the latest DACA episode is whether the President of the United States can issue an executive memo to cancel what a previous president established in the same fashion.

Republicans want to use the threat of DACA's cancelation as leverage to bring Democrats to the table as they seek billions in funding for border control measures including a wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

The DOJ said Tuesday that it intends to appeal Alsup's order to the Ninth Circuit, a traditionally liberal judicial panel.

At the same time, it's planning this week to petition the U.S. Supreme Court to hear a final appeal before the California-based appeals court acts.

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke, who issued the memorandum last fall spelling out how DACA would wind down, 'acted within her discretion to rescind this policy,' Sessions said Tuesday.

He called the direct appeal to the Supreme Court 'rare' but said it was being done 'so that this issue may be resolved quickly and fairly for all the parties involved.'

Protesters calling for an immigration bill supporting DACA demonstrated in the office of Senator Chuck Grassley on Capitol Hill in Washington on Tuesday

A Quinnipiac University poll released last week found that a massive majority of Americans want DACA beneficiaries to be able to stay in the U.S. and apply for citizenship

President Donald Trump objected last week to the fact that attorneys looking to stop him from ending the DACA program chose the nation's most liberal venue to do it.

'It just shows everyone how broken and unfair our Court System is when the opposing side in a case (such as DACA) always runs to the 9th Circuit and almost always wins before being reversed by higher courts,' Trump wrote on Twitter.

Earlier, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders had said in a statement that '[w]e find this decision to be outrageous.'

Trump has drawn criticism in recent years for his attacks on judges who issue rulings that displease him. He branded one a 'so-called judge' after the first version of his nation-specific travel ban was ruled unconstitutional.

In another case during the presidential campaign, he claimed a Mexican-American judge's ethnicity rendered him unable to rule fairly in the Trump University case.

The federal court system is 'broken and unfair,' Trump said last week, pointing to the Ninth Circuit in San Francisco as fertile hunting ground for liberal partisans seeking friendly rulings
The federal court system is 'broken and unfair,' Trump said last week, pointing to the Ninth Circuit in San Francisco as fertile hunting ground for liberal partisans seeking friendly rulings

DACA has protected about 800,000 people who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children or came with families who overstayed visas. It includes many college-age residents.

The Trump administration announced in September that it would cancel DACA, citing a threat from a coalition of 10 states, led by Texas, to challenge the program's constitutionality.

Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez lashed out at Trump last week, saying his move to rescind DACA 'was never about the rule of law. It was about deporting Dreamers and using them as bargaining chips in future political negotiations while holding their futures hostage.'

Trump has insisted repeatedly that any congressional deal to save DACA must be tied to funding for his border wall.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 6:55 pm

DHS asked prosecutors to charge sanctuary city leaders
www.washingtontimes.com

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen confirmed Tuesday that her department has asked federal prosecutors to see if they can lodge criminal charges against sanctuary cities that refuse to cooperate with federal deportation efforts.

“The Department of Justice is reviewing what avenues may be available,” Ms. Nielsen told the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Her confirmation came after California’s new sanctuary law went into effect Jan. 1, severely restricting cooperation the state or any of its localities could offer.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Tom Homan says those policies put his officers and local communities at more risk because they have to arrest illegal immigrants out in the community.

Mr. Homan told The Washington Times last July that he wanted to see local officials charged as complicit in human smuggling if they shielded illegal immigrants through sanctuary policies.

Mr. Homan repeated that demand in an interview with Fox News earlier this year, setting off a firestorm of criticism.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 7:05 pm

TRUMPS GENE'S ARE INCREDIBLE!

Trump's overall health is "excellent," his doctor said.

The White House briefing began with a readout of President Trump's vitals from Dr. Ronny Jackson, who conducted the routine physical examination. "The president's overall health is excellent," Jackson said.

The bottom line: After the examination, Trump's doctor is confident that the president will complete his term in the Oval Office "with no serious medical issues." How is Trump healthy despite his diet and lack of exercise? "He has incredibly good genes. It's just the way God made him."

Trump requested a cognitive exam during the session. Trump scored 30/30 on a test of his cognitive ability — "The Montreal Cognitive Assessment" which screened for Alzheimer's and dementia, among other illnesses. "I have no concerns about his cognitive ability," Jackson said.

Trump is 6'3" and weighs 239 pounds. Jackson added that he discussed a diet plan with the president that would include a smaller amount of carbohydrates and fats. A reasonable goal is for Trump to lose 10–15 pounds in the next year, he said. "The president has acknowledged that he'd be healthier if he lost a few pounds."
The president's blood pressure is 122/74, a normal level, and he has a resting heart rate of 68 beats per minute.
Trump's medications: Crestor, Aspirin, Propecia — to prevent male pattern hair loss — and a multivitamin.
"His cardiac health is excellent ... That's not me speaking. That's objective data."
Trump's physical exam lasted over 4 hours and involved 12 medical consultants.
The president told Press Secretary Sarah Sanders to let Jackson answer all questions about Trump's health and not to usher him off the stage.
The First Lady will work with Trump's doctor to develop an aerobic exercise routine for the president. ""Being on the golf course, there is a certain amount of exercise involved in that," Jackson added.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 7:16 pm

TAKE THAT LEFT!

White House doctor says president ACED cognitive screening test
www.dailymail.co.uk

White House has been beset with claims that the president is mentally impaired
Charges were leveled in 'Fire and Fury' book by author who says most of Trump's close aides fear he's not mentally capable to be president
Navy doctor Ronny Jackson examined Trump on Friday and added a cognitive screening test to the regimen because the president asked him to
Trump scored perfect 30 out of 30 on the test, ruling out Alzheimer's Disease or other cognitive impairment

Jackson said this was the first time a sitting president has been given such a cognitive examination

President Donald Trump's recent medical examination showed no indication of cognitive impairment or dementia, according to the physician who conducted and supervised it.

His White House physician, U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson, added what he called 'a screening assessment for cognitive impairment' to Trump's annual health assessment. It resulted in a perfect score.

Based on his daily observations of the president, Jackson said, a mental screening would not normally be recommended.

But Trump himself asked for the test, he told reporters Tuesday at the White House.

FIT TO SERVE: President Donald Trump does not suffer from any form of dementia or cognitive impairment, according to the U.S. Navy doctor who examined him on Friday

White House physician Ronny Jackson told reporters that he hadn't planned to perform a cognitive assessment of Trump, but the president specifically asked him to in order to put rumors to rest about his mental health

'I had absolutely no concerns about his cognitive ability or his – you know, his neurological function. So I was not going to do a cognitive exam. I had no intention of doing one,' Jackson recalled.

'The reason that we did the cognitive assessment is, plain and simple, because the president asked me to do it.'

'He came to me and he said, "Is there something we can do, a test or some type of screening that we can do, to assess my cognitive ability?" And so I looked into it,' Jackson said.

Trump scored a perfect 30 out of 30 on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, a standard test that helps primary care physicians spot early-onset Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia.

Jackson said the test is 'sensitive enough' to identify any potential problems.

'It would pick up on it. He would not have gotten 30 out of 30 on the test,' Jackson declared.

'I'm very confident at this particular stage that he has nothing like that going on ... Absolutely no cognitive, mental issues whatsoever. He is very sharp.'

The White House has found itself beset with weeks of speculation about the president's mental state, largely resulting from an author's claim that most of Trump's close aides are concerned about his psychological fitness for office.

'That did drive part of the process,' Jackson said Tuesday. 'I think this has been the narrative for awhile, and I think he saw doing the physical as an opportunity to put some of that to rest.'

Trump 'wasn't, obviously, the least bit concerned that he had anything to hide,' he added, 'and so he actively asked me to include that in it, and so we did.'

The White House physician released detailed health reporting about Trump on Tuesday

Among Dr. Ronny Jackson's findings were that Trump had normal neuro-physiology and a perfect score on a standard cognitive function screening test

Dr. Jackson says Trump's 'overall health is excellent' and that he's fit to serve in the Oval Office

Jackson said future cognitive testing would be up to the president, and that he personally wouldn't have recommended it this year.

'If the president wants to get one done next year, then we'll do another one next year,' he said.

The Montreal Cognitive Assessment is used at Walter Reed military hospital near Washington, D.C. it's a 30-question test that includes measures of short-term memory, concentration and attention.

A score of 26 or higher is considered 'normal.' In one study, test-takers with mild cognitive impairment typicallly scored 22. Alzheimer's patients scored an average of barely 16.

'We picked one of the ones that was a little more involved,' Jackson said of the Montreal test, comparing it to others he could have chosen. 'It was longer. It was the more difficult one of all of them.'

The Montreal Cognitive Assessment is a 30-question test that includes measures of short-term memory, concentration and attention

Adding a cognitive evaluation to Friday's comprehensive physical was a chance for the president to demonstrate claims by author Michael Wolff (above) that he's suffering from dementia are untrue

Dr. Jackson spoke to the press and took questions for nearly an hour on Tuesday

'It took significantly longer to complete but the president did exceedingly well on it.'

the doctor described Trump as 'very sharp' and said 'he's very articulate when he speaks to me.'

'I've never known him to repeat himself around me. He says what he's got to say and he speaks his mind. I found no reason to think that the president has any issues whatsoever with his thought process.'

'Absolutely he is fit for duty,' he said of the president.

A number of psychiatrists, including a Yale doctor invited by congressional Democrats, have claimed Trump suffers from dementia-like symptoms that should be concerning enough to trigger an effort to remove him on constitutional grounds.

'People shouldn't be making those kinds of assessments about the president unless they've had the opportunity to get to know him and to examine him,' Jackson insisted.

'And in my opinion, that's just tabloid psychiatry, and I'm not going to address it.'

President Donald Trump received a perfect score on a standard cognitive assessment test, his doctor revealed in a White House briefing.

The 10-minute test, known as the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA), was created in 1996 for medical professionals to identify mild cognitive dysfunction.

It assesses concentration, attention, memory, language, calculations, orientation, executive functions and visual skills.

Trump scored 30 out of 30. A score above 26 is deemed 'normal,' while anything lower than that is cause for concern.

Those who do well on the test do not need further cognitive examinstion.

The average score is 27.4. People with mild cognitive impairment score an average of 22.1, while Alzheimer's patients tend to score around 16.

First used in Montreal, Canada, the test is now one of the most respected methods of assessing cognitive health worldwide, available in 55 languages and dialects, and formats for testing illiterate patients and in other cultural settings (by changing certain references).

Trump is the first U.S. president to undergo the test as part of his presidential physical.

Darn, I flunked.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 4:23 pm

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 4:49 pm

your typical orangehair supporter would see that chart as upside-down. they have a unique set of perceptual filters that way, black is white, up is down.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 9:58 pm

OMG, the collusion stories may have been true after all!

There Are Four Lights!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 11:26 pm

I'm a girther. The president is not 6' 3", and he does not weigh 239 pounds.

His doctor has never had more incoming calls from new patients wanting physical exams.

This is him standing next to a 6 foot 3 inch tall person, some famous ball player.

I'd believe that he weighed 239 at the time this photo was taken.

This kind of obvious lie is totally normal, if your president is named Ceausescu.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 11:35 pm

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

PRESIDENT TRUMP COMES OUT TODAY WITH THE TOP 5 FAKE NEWS AWARD WINNERS!

President Trump tweeted winners of the 2017 Fake News awards Wednesday.

And without further ado… here are the winners, as provided by GOP.com:

2017 was a year of unrelenting bias, unfair news coverage, and even downright fake news. Studies have shown that over 90% of the media’s coverage of President Trump is negative.

Below are the winners of the 2017 Fake News Awards.

1. The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.

2. ABC News’ Brian Ross CHOKES and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report.

3. CNN FALSELY reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.
(via Fox News)

4. TIME FALSELY reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.

5. Washington Post FALSELY reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS! :mrgreen:
FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT IN THE TOP 5, BETTER LUCK THIS YEAR!

Darn, I flunked.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 11:46 pm

So many lies. The victory was historic, but not how you mean it, and no kind of landslide.

The Trump/Wikileaks/Russia connection is well-established. Old news, not fake.

Your fourth story was retracted within a day. The fifth, within hours. But, your report also has a lie. No one sells tickets to a rally, and the arena was only about a third full when the crowd filled in. You haven't even bothered to look at the before and after photos by the reporter who called in to set the retraction in motion. He noticed the mistake as soon as anyone on the internet.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 4:07 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I'm a girther. The president is not 6' 3", and he does not weigh 239 pounds.

His doctor has never had more incoming calls from new patients wanting physical exams.

This is him standing next to a 6 foot 3 inch tall person, some famous ball player.

I'd believe that he weighed 239 at the time this photo was taken.

This kind of obvious lie is totally normal, if your president is named Ceausescu.

It's amazing how his height and weight reported put him just 1lbs under the BMI classification of obese. Truly stunning, who would have thought it eh?! :lol:

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 5:49 am

Lovely. Just lovely. Another illegal strikes again! I don't think The Wall can ever be high enough!

Man Accused Of Murdering Two Deputies: ‘I Killed F—— Cops’! !

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — An explosive day in the courtroom as opening statements began in the trial of Luis Bracamontes- the undocumented immigrant accused of killing two deputies in 2014.

A judge ordered the jury out of the room, during an outburst by the defendant as he admitted to murdering the peace officers. Bracamontes said there’s no need for a trial, but the judge ruled it will still go on.

“There was no need to prove all this s***,” Bracamontes said. “Be silent!” the judge yelled back.

“I want to f***ing plead to this,” the defendant responded.

As if the smiles and smirks coming from the accused cop killer’s face weren’t shocking enough, the outbursts from Luis Bracamontes stunned the courtroom, first calling one of his alleged victims a coward, before yelling expletives while describing the fact that he killed the officers and didn’t regret it. Bracamontes also said he wished he would have killed more.

“I killed f***ing cops. They’re f***ing dead. I don’t f***ing regret that,” he said, while laughing.

The undocumented immigrant is accused of murdering Sacramento County Sheriff’s Deputy Danny Oliver and then Placer County Sheriff’s Detective Mike Davis, Jr. during a crime spree that also included carjacking and other shooting victims in October of 2014.

As the prosecution laid out the horrific details, Bracamontes continued to laugh—a mental state his lawyers asked the judge to re-evaluate. The request was denied, as were CBS13’s requests to speak with both the families of the victims and Bracamontes.

The defense told the jury its client is responsible for both deputy’s deaths but also claimed he was high on methamphetamine at the time and didn’t know right from wrong. But in another outburst, Bracamontes warned the courtroom and our CBS13 cameras, that he would do it again, saying, “I will break out soon and I will kill more.”

Court resumes Wednesday with the presentation of evidence. The judge told the jury it needs to render its verdict on the evidence it hears, not on the outbursts by Bracamontes.

Darn, I flunked.