Page 171 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 214  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 6:48 am

Well that's your view. Here is another:

"The man gets unusually bad press because he does an unusual number of things that are dishonest, calculated to provoke, and upsetting to sources on the right and left. He isn’t a victim of bias, but of his own behavior.

And the right will do significant harm to the project of persuading Americans that left-leaning media bias is a problem if right-leaning press critics treat Trump as a case in point. “The media” encompasses many thousands of people, from the most talented professionals to the worst hacks, and every candidate, including Trump, is sometimes the subject of unfair coverage. But all things considered, the press has responded defensibly to the unusual challenges of covering a brazen, habitual liar."

-The Atlantic

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 8:07 am

The Atlantic is yet another that cranks out these deals on a daily basis by the hundreds. Research it and you'll see what I mean. I already knew their main story for today would be another Trump hit piece: 'An Utterly Untruthful President' https://www.theatlantic.com/ I really don't have to guess too hard what it will be tomorrow and the day after that or what it's been the last 365 days.

The reason why there's so much bad press on Trump is because it generates so much cash. I honestly believe it's like crack to many and they can't get enough of it. It's a supply and demand issue. It even has a huge market in far away places like Australia and New Zealand.

That's why it's difficult for those not swept up in it, to find it entirely credible. And it's just going to go on and on day after day for the next thousand days.

Of course a problem with this is, that they are also shooting the goose that's laying the golden eggs. Maybe they'll find some way to try ensuring he'll win the next election to keep the gravy train going another four years.

"And did we tell you the name of the game, boy? We call it Riding the Gravy Traaaain!" - Pink Floyd.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 11:19 am

B19 wrote:
This thread is about President Donald Trump though, Sly, isn't it? Not about anyone else. You tried to deflect it away from Trump because?

Humans can’t bee sinless so I don’t expect our president to be any better. He’s only human. He’s done more good then harm in my view. Non of the horrible things the left says he’ll do has been done. He hasn’t rounded up all people of Mexican descent and deported or killed them, his actions in Korea follow similar actions of past presidents minus trying to bribe North Korea, he’s bee supportive of the military troops, he appointed a good military commander who’s ripping isis to shreds, he stopped Obama’s illegal gun control attack on the disabled.

All the left can do is claim he’s a nazi because he codeemed both bro Nazis and antifa. I’d done the same. Both are violent horrible groups.
Pretty much all the left has against him is panic anxiety about stuff he hasn’t done and likely won’t do. The media spent year building him to look like a villain so Hillary would win. Nearly everyone that meets him says he’s nothing like how the media pretreated him.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 11:23 am

I just don't see what "good" Trump has done.

He's a thin-skinned fellow who doesn't like to be insulted. He just gratuitously insults people on Twitter. He's not going to get much done because he offends both sides of the political spectrum.

He just doesn't portray the image of a "President." Unless you want your President to be like P. T. Barnum.

He's sort of like Lyndon Johnson without the political acumen.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 12:52 pm

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 2:18 pm

I think I finally know why I cannot accept this guy as a president or a leader of any kind, and it has less to do with my political alignment than I thought. I mean, sure, it doesn't sit well with me that he's an environmental sadist who doesn't care if the planet turns into one big lifeless crater, or that he cut funding for education and social services but there was somehow money for more military spending for the country that needs it the least, or that he can't pass a healthcare bill to save his life with a congress that by all rights should be on his side. The main thing for me is he doesn't act like a leader.

Not only is the guy incapable of sounding smart to save his life - seriously, just listen to him speak or read some of the stuff that comes out of his twitter account - but he's about as thin-skinned as Taylor Swift and acts like it too. He also wants to ignore the first or second amendment or whatever amendment is about free speech (I'm not American so forgive me) and have news studios taken off the air just because he doesn't like what they have to say. Sorry Mr. Trump but fascism wasn't cool in 1817, let alone 2017.

Look, he may not be a politician but he has stepped into the political sphere so he should act professional. All leaders get criticized no matter how great or how well regarded they are. Someone who isn't a dunce would take that criticism and use it to improve, or refute what isn't true through proper arguments. Just calling something "fake news" isn't an argument. If he had a shred of intelligence he would say something like "the allegations in this report are false because...". A good leader can effectively refute what isn't true, acknowledge what is true and decide how best to take that feedback, and conduct themself with dignity and grace no matter if praise or criticism is thrown their way. I'm just not getting that from Donald Trump.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 2:33 pm

EzraS wrote:
The Atlantic is yet another that cranks out these deals on a daily basis by the hundreds. Research it and you'll see what I mean. I already knew their main story for today would be another Trump hit piece: 'An Utterly Untruthful President' https://www.theatlantic.com/ I really don't have to guess too hard what it will be tomorrow and the day after that or what it's been the last 365 days.

The reason why there's so much bad press on Trump is because it generates so much cash. I honestly believe it's like crack to many and they can't get enough of it. It's a supply and demand issue. It even has a huge market in far away places like Australia and New Zealand.

That's why it's difficult for those not swept up in it, to find it entirely credible. And it's just going to go on and on day after day for the next thousand days.

Of course a problem with this is, that they are also shooting the goose that's laying the golden eggs. Maybe they'll find some way to try ensuring he'll win the next election to keep the gravy train going another four years.

"And did we tell you the name of the game, boy? We call it Riding the Gravy Traaaain!" - Pink Floyd.

The article is not a hit piece, it is just reporting on the latest war of words between Trump and Corker. The headline writers twisted what was in the article for their own agenda.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 2:44 pm

Tross wrote:
I think I finally know why I cannot accept this guy as a president or a leader of any kind, and it has less to do with my political alignment than I thought. I mean, sure, it doesn't sit well with me that he's an environmental sadist who doesn't care if the planet turns into one big lifeless crater, or that he cut funding for education and social services but there was somehow money for more military spending for the country that needs it the least, or that he can't pass a healthcare bill to save his life with a congress that by all rights should be on his side. The main thing for me is he doesn't act like a leader.

Not only is the guy incapable of sounding smart to save his life - seriously, just listen to him speak or read some of the stuff that comes out of his twitter account - but he's about as thin-skinned as Taylor Swift and acts like it too. He also wants to ignore the first or second amendment or whatever amendment is about free speech (I'm not American so forgive me) and have news studios taken off the air just because he doesn't like what they have to say. Sorry Mr. Trump but fascism wasn't cool in 1817, let alone 2017.

Look, he may not be a politician but he has stepped into the political sphere so he should act professional. All leaders get criticized no matter how great or how well regarded they are. Someone who isn't a dunce would take that criticism and use it to improve, or refute what isn't true through proper arguments. Just calling something "fake news" isn't an argument. If he had a shred of intelligence he would say something like "the allegations in this report are false because...". A good leader can effectively refute what isn't true, acknowledge what is true and decide how best to take that feedback, and conduct themself with dignity and grace no matter if praise or criticism is thrown their way. I'm just not getting that from Donald Trump.

He has a degree of intelligence, the man knows what people want and how to sell it to them. He understands voters that practically every political expert missed, belittled, or underestimated. His problem is extreme immaturity, the thin skin you mentioned, a simplistic view of people as winners and losers, a view that to be a winner you must utterly and immediately destroy anybody in your way or says anything not completely 100 positive about you in any way.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Oct 2017, 3:22 pm

Hyeokgeose wrote:
Hello,

As a classical liberal, I'm bound to have some sharp philosophical differences with Donald Trump.

Now, as for some positives about Trump, I like that he is fulfilling his promise of a border wall (even though I disagree with the border wall, since I see it as ineffective due to the popularity of tunnels), and I also like that he's not a globalist.

Classic liberals didn't have a conception of border control and were globalists in favour of free trade and strong international co-operation.

Transport a classic liberal to the modern day, and those would be their strongest objections to Trump.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 3:27 pm

More and more Republicans turning on Trump

Arizona Senator Jeff Flake:

Quote:
We must never regard as normal the President's regular and casual undermining of our democratic norms and ideals, his flagrant disregard for truth or decency, the reckless provocations, most often for the pettiest and most personal reasons

fits in well with the comments above about him being so thin skinned tbh

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 3:43 pm

I think it will be the Republicans who will ultimately remove him, as they increasingly realise his potential to destroy the Republican Party's integrity and support.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 4:34 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Tross wrote:

He has a degree of intelligence, the man knows what people want and how to sell it to them. He understands voters that practically every political expert missed, belittled, or underestimated. His problem is extreme immaturity, the thin skin you mentioned, a simplistic view of people as winners and losers, a view that to be a winner you must utterly and immediately destroy anybody in your way or says anything not completely 100 positive about you in any way.

I would say that he know how to manipulate peoples, but I won't say that he's intelligent, at least not where it count for making a good president, like abstract thinking, understanding complex ideas, a good memory and so on. Maybe he got good social intelligence (The opposites of us), making him a good "used car seller".
The reason political experts underestimated Trump is because they consider voters as taking rational decisions, which is far from reality.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 4:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

He's a thin-skinned fellow who doesn't like to be insulted. He just gratuitously insults people on Twitter. He's not going to get much done because he offends both sides of the political spectrum.

He just doesn't portray the image of a "President." Unless you want your President to be like P. T. Barnum.

He stopped the illegal Obama’s gun control targeting disabled people. You know like us aspies who have just a much right to human rights as nts.
He’s also the first president to not back down to dear leader which if had happen 20 years ago we might not be in the situation we are currently with North Korea. Instead we helped fund their nuclear program. Same with Iran. Otherwise the Democrats throwing tantrums won’t let anything get done.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 6:50 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

He stopped the illegal Obama’s gun control targeting disabled people. You know like us aspies who have just a much right to human rights as nts.
He’s also the first president to not back down to dear leader which if had happen 20 years ago we might not be in the situation we are currently with North Korea. Instead we helped fund their nuclear program. Same with Iran. Otherwise the Democrats throwing tantrums won’t let anything get done.

i agree that folks with disabilities shouldn't be discriminated against with regard to gun ownership, but i look at the big picture. many folks with disabilities use medicaid, which the republican budget cuts by something like 500 billion. folks are gonna die. i think that's more important.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 8:01 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The article is not a hit piece, it is just reporting on the latest war of words between Trump and Corker. The headline writers twisted what was in the article for their own agenda.

Yeah the agenda is to suck in Trump addicts to get tons of hits to get lots of cash from advertisers.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 8:25 pm

Tollorin wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Tross wrote:

I would say that he know how to manipulate peoples, but I won't say that he's intelligent, at least not where it count for making a good president, like abstract thinking, understanding complex ideas, a good memory and so on. Maybe he got good social intelligence (The opposites of us), making him a good "used car seller".
The reason political experts underestimated Trump is because they consider voters as taking rational decisions, which is far from reality.
Ok, I'll concede that the guy knows a thing or two on how to sell himself. He'd better as that's his background. The important thing though is that he knows how to conduct himself in the political sphere, and I'm just not satisfied that he can do that.
sly279 wrote:

Be that as it may, he might get all of us nuked. Everyone knows that Kim Jung Un makes passive aggressive statements to try to get a rise out of political leaders and it's best to just ignore them. Everyone but Donald Trump knows that.