Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:00 am

This article discusses what I've been arguing for a while: that if the world wants the US to take action on climate change, stop destabilizing the Middle East, and not impose another Muslim travel ban, then thet must stand up to us. Actions might include moving the UN headquarters, professionals and businessmen boycotting events in the US, and sanctions:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58a72 ... 02ad543d15

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:14 am

Well if the world does so I certainly won't say no...

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:26 am

I will stand by the side of America till the end. My country has protected me for my entire life, and when it calls I will do the same. HOWEVER, I think the administration and the country are two completely separate things. I think I would throw out the current admin in an instant, and make HUGE reforms wherever needed.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:43 am

wrongcitizen wrote:
I will stand by the side of America till the end. My country has protected me for my entire life, and when it calls I will do the same. HOWEVER, I think the administration and the country are two completely separate things. I think I would throw out the current admin in an instant, and make HUGE reforms wherever needed.

Standing by the country involves doing what is in its best interest, and Trump and his administration might not be in the best interest. I would certainly support international pressure in regards to environmental policy at least.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 5:31 am

I think Trump would be just fine with the UN headquarters going elsewhere. He, um I mean his sons would probably convert the UN building into a hotel.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 6:28 am

EzraS wrote:
I think Trump would be just fine with the UN headquarters going elsewhere. He, um I mean his sons would probably convert the UN building into a hotel.

Trump is not America, yet.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 10:32 am

When in history class, I always asked myself a few questions about America.

"Who made America the international police?"

"Why is America in the Middle East along with other countries?"

"Aren't they claiming to be for good and justice whilst bombing innocents?"

I know the answer to one and two, but I think we all know those.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 1:45 pm

I'd like to see the world stand up to America and refuse American foreign aid.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 2:06 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Yeah, let those foreigners stuck in extreme poverty starve and die from preventable diseases. I mean it's not like the outside world has an effect on us. And who cares if we're the richest country on the planet, we just can't spare any of the nations vast wealth on foreign people. It would be better to just spend billions on a useless wall. :roll:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 9:13 pm

Let "the world" stand up to this.

:twisted:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 9:50 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Yeah, let those foreigners stuck in extreme poverty starve and die from preventable diseases. I mean it's not like the outside world has an effect on us. And who cares if we're the richest country on the planet, we just can't spare any of the nations vast wealth on foreign people. It would be better to just spend billions on a useless wall. :roll:

As opposed to trillions on...? What was that six trillion spent on? And perhaps now that we're into the 21st century, it's time for some other countries to start becoming more developed and self reliant.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 12:49 am

Lukeda420 wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

What about poor people in America?

We give hundreds of millions of dollars to Russia in aid per year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid

Should we give that money to our poor, or to Russia?

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 7:38 am

I heard that rich countries keep poorer countries poor. I'm not so sure if this is true, but I think that it's possible. Quite a few of these poorer countries may just be geographically disadvantaged. I also read that Africa should actually be the most advanced continent, but it's the second least advanced (ahead of Antarctica). Well, I'm not sure what I've been reading recently. Anyway, other countries should do what New Zealand and Australia did. "We don't want your foreign aid, we can take care of ourselves!"