Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 5:55 pm

Ideologies are diseases of the brain. They might not bore holes in gray matter quite like syphilis but the outward results can look strikingly similar.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 4:15 pm

I have a similar view of people who rely on ideology alone, and not on reality.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:35 am

I'm finding the growth of populist nationalism (fascism?) throughout the world alarming. Erdogan Turkey is only one example. The most powerful populist nationalist leader is of course Vladimir Putin. Wilders in the Netherlands is another, waiting in the wings to seize power. And then, we Americans have Trump.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Mar 2017, 7:59 am

Turkey is not a European country and should of never been strung along with possibility of joining the EU, could you imagine them in the bloc? Something like that could cause WWIII in Europe! Turkey is roughly the same size as Germany population wise with millions of it's citizens abroad in the EU, these supernational states are just imperialism by another name and the EU right now is just a vehicle for the Germans to dominate the continent.