The "islamophobia" narrative & the Left's double standard

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Astralis
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2017, 3:15 am

Noca wrote:
Tolerance of groups that have intolerance written directly into their rule book simply because "religion" never made any sense to me either. I find it really hypocritical. I find it even more hypocritical when feminists defend islam, a religion that doesn't give a damn about women's rights whatsoever.

I agree. I'm not islamophobic or anti-Islam - I think everyone has a right to practice their own culture and religion as long as it isn't violating basic human rights. When there's misogyny and homophobia involved, leftists should not accept that. It's not tolerance or open-mindness, it's hypocricy.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 3:17 am

Astralis wrote:
Noca wrote:
Tolerance of groups that have intolerance written directly into their rule book simply because "religion" never made any sense to me either. I find it really hypocritical. I find it even more hypocritical when feminists defend islam, a religion that doesn't give a damn about women's rights whatsoever.

I agree. I'm not islamophobic or anti-Islam - I think everyone has a right to practice their own culture and religion as long as it isn't violating basic human rights. When there's misogyny and homophobia involved, leftists should not accept that. It's not tolerance or open-mindness, it's hypocricy.
What good does intolerance for Islam do in say France where 14% of the population is Muslim?

NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2017, 11:28 am

The problem is labeling an entire group of people based on the actions of some of their members. We should judge people based on their individual merit.

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2017, 8:06 pm

Why do people think it's just the "left" creating this? things are not as black and white as it seems. It is much more complicated than that and "conservatives" (in all western countries) actively support mass third world immigration and are friends to the Saudi's (especially the U.S) for financial reasons.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 10:03 pm

the way i interpret it, the artist who made piss christ was pissing on cheapened and commercialized christian icon products. he is a christian himself. what's the worse blasphemy?