Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 4:45 am

Raptor wrote:
It's spelled Buchenwald, by the way...

Perhaps his overall atrocious spelling is intentional.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2017, 8:01 am

Personally I hope bumbling old Trump sticks around for a few years. Pence is little more appealing (although would be less of an embarrassment to his country and less of a security concrn), but is probably more skilled.

The dream would be Trump getting impeached, but clinging to power and haplessly getting nothing done, and then being forcibly removed from office in 2019 or 2020.

Mikah wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
I am with you on pence, his refusal to eat with single women smacks of fundamentalist muslims.

I really don't get the opposition sometimes. Of all the things to make a fuss about, this one I really do not understand. I would file this behaviour under "basic respect for your wife's feelings" and "little things that make a marriage sustainable" and people are acting like he wears a barbed wire garter around his leg.

It would be completely understandable if he agreed to not go on romantic dates with women. Indeed, that would be expected.

It's quite something else when he refuses to have meals with women outright. What if he had a female chief of staff? A female lawyer? A female vice-president? Heck, a female friend?

Not only does it harm the prospects of women who might want to work for or with Mike Pence, it also suggests that he views all his interactions with women as potentially sexual. He can't view a woman just as a colleague or contemporary or friend. It's bizarre.

Or put it another way - imagine if Theresa May refused to have meetings solely with men. Do you think she'd have become PM? Do you think she'd be capable of doing the job?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Apr 2017, 8:44 am

Prepare for President Pence...

in 2024

because Democrats have given up being a legitimate opposition party

Trump will not be removed no matter how much the sore losers cry nonsensically about Russia :lol:

I can't wait until Putin visits the White House

idiots...

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 9:05 am

Jacoby wrote:

in 2024

Trump will not be removed no matter how much the sore losers cry nonsensically about Russia :lol:

idiots...

Thank you. I needed this, this morning.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 9:13 am

EzraS wrote:
Raptor wrote:
It's spelled Buchenwald, by the way...

Perhaps his overall atrocious spelling is intentional.

Nice! Personal attacks about my spelling. Please, some more of the vast wisdom you have accumulated in your bedroom.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 12:59 pm

Jacoby wrote:

in 2024

idiots...

At least there's a "there" there when it comes to a relationship with Russia, as compared to Republican obsession with Obama's birthplace.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 1:39 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Mikah wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
I am with you on pence, his refusal to eat with single women smacks of fundamentalist muslims.

I really don't get the opposition sometimes. Of all the things to make a fuss about, this one I really do not understand. I would file this behaviour under "basic respect for your wife's feelings" and "little things that make a marriage sustainable" and people are acting like he wears a barbed wire garter around his leg.

It would be completely understandable if he agreed to not go on romantic dates with women. Indeed, that would be expected.

It's quite something else when he refuses to have meals with women outright. What if he had a female chief of staff? A female lawyer? A female vice-president? Heck, a female friend?

Not only does it harm the prospects of women who might want to work for or with Mike Pence, it also suggests that he views all his interactions with women as potentially sexual. He can't view a woman just as a colleague or contemporary or friend. It's bizarre.

Or put it another way - imagine if Theresa May refused to have meetings solely with men. Do you think she'd have become PM? Do you think she'd be capable of doing the job?

"basic respect for your wife's feelings" and making a "marriage sustainable" are confusing responses for me.

Does his wife feel that Pence will have sex with a woman if left alone with her? If so, that is disturbing. Does he think men are supposed to sexually approach every woman he gets the chance with? I don't understand this thinking at all.

It boils down to marginalizing women. Will Pence not have a private meeting with Theresa May for fear that they will have sex. Good grief. That is a sad way to think and confines women to being objects of prey.

Perhaps this goes along with Pence's thinking on abortion; that women solely exist to reproduce.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 1:57 pm

Mikah wrote:
feral botanist wrote:

I really don't get the opposition sometimes. Of all the things to make a fuss about, this one I really do not understand. I would file this behaviour under "basic respect for your wife's feelings" and "little things that make a marriage sustainable"...

EXACTLY!! I love, Love, LOVE that he said / does this!!

Also, he didn't say "single women"----he said he wouldn't eat / meet / whatever, alone, with ANY woman ("with a woman not his wife").

http://www.nola.com/religion/index.ssf/2017/03/see_why_mike_pence_wont_eat_al.html

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 2:01 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Mikah wrote:
feral botanist wrote:

I really don't get the opposition sometimes. Of all the things to make a fuss about, this one I really do not understand. I would file this behaviour under "basic respect for your wife's feelings" and "little things that make a marriage sustainable"...

EXACTLY!! I love, Love, LOVE that he said / does this!!

Also, he didn't say "single women"----he said he wouldn't eat / meet / whatever, alone, with ANY woman ("with a woman not his wife").

http://www.nola.com/religion/index.ssf/2017/03/see_why_mike_pence_wont_eat_al.html

How can you love this? Do you agree that women are nothing more than objects of sexual gratification for men?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 2:08 pm

I recall how Billy Graham and all his underlings promised to never be alone with women, in order to prevent sinful behavior. Considering the bad sexual behavior displayed by so many leading evangelicals, it's not surprising that Pence would think he couldn't trust himself, and so made a similar oath as Graham had.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 2:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
... it's not surprising that Pence would think he couldn't trust himself, and so made a similar oath as Graham had.

That's pathetic.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 2:17 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
... it's not surprising that Pence would think he couldn't trust himself, and so made a similar oath as Graham had.

That's pathetic.

That's what's to be expected with people who dwell on sin.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2017, 2:21 pm

Jacoby wrote:

in 2024

Hard to argue that the Democrats have given up being a legitimate opposition party. Their opposition, combined with Republican rebels, defeated Trump's healthcare bill, for example. You might be able to argue that they've given up on ever governing, which would actually support your point better (Presidents don't go into opposition), but they're undeniably a legitimate opposition right now.

In any case, you might be well advised to learn from what you've witnessed in the past year. A year ago, people were saying that the Republicans had died as a party and would not hold the White House for decades. Look what happened there!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 2:22 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Prepare for President Pence... in 2024

I've thought the same thing----I've also thought about Ivanka Trump, running; and, WINNING!!

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 2:25 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That's pathetic.
Why?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 2:33 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That's pathetic.
Why?

I, for one, can be in the company of a woman in a private setting, and have no fear that I will break my marriage vow by committing adultery with her. That's how it is with most men, I believe. If Pence or Graham believe they can't trust themselves, then the problem rests with them, solely.