Page 5 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

TheWalrys435
Raven
Raven

30 May 2017, 8:34 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Okay, because you thought I had misjudged you, I went-through some more of your post history----this time, from the beginning----and, it seems like I have been giving you too much credit. I did find you to be rude and disrespectful (which I had not even perceived about you, before today)----disrespectful, because quite often you didn't even address the OP, and only talked about yourself; and rude, when you slammed a couple of people, when you misunderstood what they were saying (one of the people you slammed is someone who anyone would be really hard-pressed to find a nicer, more sensitive, more caring, more giving person, here.

I'll add only one final thought..... IMO, when we refuse to take responsibility for what is our role in, when things go wrong, we are doomed to repeat the failures.

I leave this part of the conversation with you, here.

Edits: The first time was to correct a punctuation error; and the second time, because someone posted after me and it said I had edited my post, I wanted to explain what I had edited.

And you've chosen to continue in the same vein. It's a little disappointing, but it's fine. Good day to you.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 8:50 pm

TheWalrys435 wrote:
...you've chosen to continue in the same vein. It's a little disappointing, but it's fine.

note: The following is entirely rhetorical and is *not* confrontational...

Who are you to be saying someone's share is "a little disappointing"? When did you become anyone's judge and begin pairing your expectations with self-determined standards...and then how dare you turn around and say "but it's fine"?

Those are the some of the kinds of questions I had to answer about myself while coming to terms with my own self-defeating, self-destructive behaviour cutting me off from right relationships and fellowship with others.

TheWalrys435
Raven
Raven

30 May 2017, 9:01 pm

leejosepho wrote:
TheWalrys435 wrote:
...you've chosen to continue in the same vein. It's a little disappointing, but it's fine.

note: The following is entirely rhetorical and is *not* confrontational...

Who are you to be saying someone's share is "a little disappointing"? When did you become anyone's judge and begin pairing your expectations with self-determined standards...and then how dare you turn around and say "but it's fine"?

Those are the some of the kinds of questions I had to answer about myself while coming to terms with my own self-defeating, self-destructive behaviour cutting me off from right relationships and fellowship with others.

How dare you. You just dismiss the mean-spirited comment that Cat made to me, and then say how dare I. That's awful. I read Cat's post again just to be sure it was condescending and it was. She is making assumptions about me that I find insulting. Her entire diatribe about me was inaccurate. It presumed knowledge about who I am and what I've experienced and basically called me an aggressor. She then continued in a very aggressive and hostile tone. I realize that this is escalating so I'm going to drop it. I know you'll side with her regardless and I'm humble, so I won't attempt to change that. Furthermore, I'll disprove her attitude toward me and my intentions by being the peacemaker. Good day to you sir.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 9:36 pm

Hi Walrys,

Campin Cat really doesn't like me. Her and I together would not take sides against anybody.

But I would have to say that she wasn't trying to be condescending. I think she was just trying to offer advice.

The good thing is: as adults who are not the children of anybody; we don't have to take any advice that is not given us. You don't have to take Campin Cat's advice. There's no use in getting angry about it, though. Because you are living under your own rules as an adult, not the rules of Campin Cat.

You're a smart person with philosophical leanings. I must say that my outlook really isn't very philosophical most of the time. I don't like to think about my mortality. But I find that it is good to be philosophical sometimes. It extends us as people, so to speak.

My opinion: I don't care if people, in the Afterlife, think we are "weird." As in the corporeal world, I ignore and disregard those who think I am weird. I just live my life.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 30 May 2017, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheWalrys435
Raven
Raven

30 May 2017, 9:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hi Walrys,

Campin Cat really doesn't like me. Her and I together would not take sides against anybody.

But I would have to say that she wasn't trying to be condescending. I think she was just trying to offer advice.

The good thing is: as adults who are not the children of anybody; we don't have to take any advice that is not given us. You don't have to take Campin Cat's advice. There's no use in getting angry about it, though. Because you are living under your own rules as an adult, not the rules of Campin Cat.

My opinion: I don't care if people, in the Afterlife, think we are "weird." As in the corporeal world, I ignore and disregard those who think I am weird. I just live my life.

I understand. I think you've made a good point. It's a conclusion I had come to also. I really didn't like the tone of her comment, but I don't think she was trying to be rude. Thing is, it's a sore subject for me because life has been exceptionally difficult and if I were to tell you specific details, you might agree. Her comment assumed many things about me that simply aren't true. But like you said, I don't think she was trying to be mean per se. It just touched a nerve and got me feeling defensive. I didn't handle it well. Probably due to low-esteem and a very bruised ego, I unfortunately listen to what people say about me and take it to heart.
But in conclusion, you're right. It bothered me, but I didn't have to feel angry about it. Based on what she said, I'm not certain that we could agree on my situation but that's just life. I should have just ignored it.

Thanks for the comment though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 9:52 pm

Nobody, really, can assume anything about a person unless they are around a person in an intimate sense.

It would be presumptuous if one did assume anything.

I hope things get better for you soon.

And I hope you're getting catharsis through talking to us here.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 10:00 pm

TheWalrys435 wrote:
...I don't think she was trying to be rude. Thing is, it's a sore subject for me... I don't think she was trying to be mean per se. It just touched a nerve and got me feeling defensive. I didn't handle it well. Probably due to low-esteem and a very bruised ego...

Exactly, and all of that kind of stuff is the entire point throughout: Those are the kinds of things about ourselves that we must face squarely and get down to the nitty-gritty while seeking resolution on the inside. Every place I ever went I always took me along, and I never had a problem unless I was there.

TheWalrys435
Raven
Raven

30 May 2017, 10:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nobody, really, can assume anything about a person unless they are around a person in an intimate sense.

It would be presumptuous if one did assume anything.

I hope things get better for you soon.

And I hope you're getting catharsis through talking to us here.

Thanks again Kortie. By and large, it has been. And I'm trying :wink:

TheWalrys435
Raven
Raven

30 May 2017, 10:18 pm

Leejoseph, what do you mean by, "Every place I went I always took me along, and I never had a problem unless I was there?"

Do you mean that you bring your problems with your wherever you go and this caused more problems? I'm confused here.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 1:15 am

Of course not, there is no afterlife silly. :lol:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 2:51 am

well i do believe god exists because the incredible coalescence of physical truths could not just happen in a totally chaotic situation. even a chaotic situation could not happen without the manifestation of energy and that energy in it's purest form is God.

but as far as an afterlife is concerned, it is hard to imagine. impossible actually.
i realize that the brain dies at death, and therefore notions of dichotomies and separation are not able to be experienced after that.
you can not take anything with you to the afterlife. not even your brain or intelligence or memories. but maybe "consciousness" is the magical or miraculous ingredient beyond all others.

it is therefore impossible to imagine. in the end, we on earth that are living can not decide whether the universe will suffer a "big freeze" or a "big rip" or a "big crunch".

i guess the experience of linear time is not going to be a factor in the afterlife or else it would take trillions or even quadrillions of years to see the outcome (if you were conscious for the whole time).

that would be hell.

anyway, on a more silly note, i would like to just go back and see a tyrannosaur walking around.

i would like to see other planets also that have advanced life on them.

but once you've seen everything you want to see, it may get really boring and how do you have fun in empty space?

like this thing they talk about "the sea of love" would have to get tiresome as i , in my living mind, conjecture it.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 8:16 am

TheWalrys435 wrote:
Leejoseph, what do you mean by, "Every place I went I always took me along, and I never had a problem unless I was there?"

Do you mean that you bring your problems with your wherever you go and this caused more problems?

Yes, something like that. We have certainly been mistreated and hurt by others, but then our various defensive positions, withdrawals, isolations and so on we try to use to protect ourselves from that just end up worsening our overall problems with relationships and interactions.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 9:57 am

leejosepho wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
IMO, when we refuse to take responsibility for what is our role in, when things go wrong, we are doomed to repeat the failures...

In my own case, I had to come to terms with a lot of ego, fear, pride and ignorance (not knowing the hard facts about myself and healthy interactions) in relation to why I had all forms of trouble, struggle and poor relationships in life, and I would guess none of us will ever rid ourselves of those things completely while we yet breathe.

Yep, I struggled with each of those, as well----and, unfortunately, I'm afraid you're right about it never ending; but, I think what's important, is that we just keep tryin'.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 10:43 am

My question is will I be allowed to say "Crap" up there and be grumpy?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 9:17 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
IMO, when we refuse to take responsibility for what is our role in, when things go wrong, we are doomed to repeat the failures...

In my own case, I had to come to terms with a lot of ego, fear, pride and ignorance (not knowing the hard facts about myself and healthy interactions) in relation to why I had all forms of trouble, struggle and poor relationships in life, and I would guess none of us will ever rid ourselves of those things completely while we yet breathe.

Yep, I struggled with each of those, as well----and, unfortunately, I'm afraid you're right about it never ending; but, I think what's important, is that we just keep tryin'.

I think being perfect while still here in an imperfect world either be boring in the spiritual learning, development and growth departments or possibly inescapably overwhelming in the area of seldom being able to truly identify with what might be the majority of other people. So, I see nothing unfortunate about the fact we must keep learning-as-we-go while enduring to the end where salvation from the destruction of all evil awaits us. And to put that into some additional perspective: Look at how many people believe they have already "gotten saved" and think "grace" means they can just keep stumbling along in their various degrees of spiritual sickness while burning out on the entire deal because their Santa-Claus-type expectations are not being met.

nurseangela wrote:
My question is will I be allowed to say "Crap" up there and be grumpy?

Yes, I suspect there will be no rules against anything...but then the fact no rules should even be necessary amidst perfection likely also indicates we will not even be capable of being grumpy!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 3:18 am

heaven is where it's at, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.