Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 7:19 am

Today there is a vote for something today and the fact that I don't know what it's for or who the candidates are or if there are even candidates must make me incompetent. Whenever there is a big vote for like the next Prime Minister or to legalize gay marriage or whatever I don't vote. Now a lot of people don't for their own reasons. Mine is kinda dumb. The fact is I just don't care and I feel like that makes me a bad person especially considering the tragic events that happened recently. I guess I just don't care much about what happens in the world. I don't even read the newspaper. I mean it's not like real life events don't raise an eyebrow I mean I did pay a little attention to the whole Manchester and especially London incident. I may not be as sad or sickened than many other people but I do occasionally feel a tiny bit of something and that's better than nothing. Politics just bores me I guess. I guess I just feel like a big kid who would rather watch tv than get involved in politics and I feel like somewhere people are frowning at me for not caring about voting. I can't help not being interested in politics. It's who I am. Does me not voting or even caring make me a bad person?

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 7:35 am

I was forced to write in Mickey Mouse as my vote last go around because the candidates were so terrible, if the UK has candidates as terrible as the US did last election cycle you're not missing out on much.