When you reach the age of reason, will you reject supernatur

Page 6 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 3:07 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Which is why you were trying to illuminate people.

Sure, but with so many voices trying to be heard, what is required is a really laud voice that people are ready to listen to.

I am a voice crying in the wilderness just as the proponents of Noetic science are.

Without something all can see or hear, I see lot of futile efforts. Regardless, let us pray.

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 3:09 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
They are supposed to be in control of creation, ie. as gods.

Like what the Snake said, in the Garden.

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Christianity for that matter, is true.

Some will retrofit any religion, superstition, or fairytale, to portray the same value lessons.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 3:12 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:
They are supposed to be in control of creation, ie. as gods.

Like what the Snake said, in the Garden.

Okay. Got it.

I used to worry about things like this, until I had the opportunity to read the bible cover to cover several times and compare it to the local philosophies of the times, figure out what the symbols and injunctions meant, etc.. That helped make me aware that next to nothing modern Christian's believe about the bible, or Christianity for that matter, is true.

I agree with you. When I try to show Christians certain verses that I, as a Gnostic Christian use, they have no clue as they never hear those quoted as the churches fear enlightening their dull bulbs.

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 3:16 pm

In a conscious choice, between Heaven, under the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and Hell, under the Snake, which would you choose.

I personally think that some enlightened people would choose Hell, knowingly, as a form of protest.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 3:16 pm

You were saying that you could make your own rules, though, if I am not mistaken.

So, where-to, from here?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 3:19 pm

I can't say anything on what I'd hinge on the speed of light, I really haven't factored that in one way or another.

I think what I've noticed is that the characteristics of my own experiences - certain things that have happened like a cascade of energy (on a couple occasions) lighting up the crown of my head and tunneling down to the soles of my feet or my couple encounters with an Isis/Mary-like being, were just blunt events that I could not cause nor willfully repeat. Others, such as my attempts to work with certain entities, causes me to wake up after midnight being tickled by them or feeling the full presence of a very friendly being laying on top of or half draped over me. There was a boundary to how intense those presences could become, there were clearly certain characteristics to how i'd feel their presence. Any attempts I was lead to, by suggestion of various orders, to try anything like The Secret would typically bust - certain odd synchronicities around what I wanted would manifest but what I actually wanted would not happen.

That puts me in a place where I can't easily comment on the blunt-force experiences; they were highly powerful but too short for me to examine them in such a way as to get any sort empirical grip on them or check for environmental effects aside from what registered in my nervous system. My actual work though where I did certain things - I do see a sort of plasticity to chaotic systems that can draw things toward you that you're thinking about but it's a highly un-dependable effect and for as much as a person has to knock themselves out to get something done that route they're much better off just doing it by more direct, mundane, or worldly means. I think it was actually Aleister Crowley who said something really sensible to this end - that it's pointless to try and effect things with ritual unless a person has already done every mundane thing in their power to assure something happens; ie. only then it's a bit like that one gram of added icing on a 500 gram cake.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 3:25 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Some will retrofit any religion, superstition, or fairytale, to portray the same value lessons.

I couldn't see the context of the above comment.

What you may see across all religions of the world is that the archetypal ideas will roughly line up but the codifications can yield very different results. Other than that though, for example, you do have Buddha's temptation by Mara or Jesus' temptation by the Adversary in the desert albeit it's interesting to see how differently those stories were interpreted by their resulting theologies.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 3:39 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
In a conscious choice, between Heaven, under the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and Hell, under the Snake, which would you choose.

I personally think that some enlightened people would choose Hell, knowingly, as a form of protest.

Here is what the Christian heaven looks like.
God is not the one on his knees.

http://i.imgur.com/m05hDnS.jpg

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 3:45 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I can't say anything on what I'd hinge on the speed of light, I really haven't factored that in one way or another.

I think what I've noticed is that the characteristics of my own experiences - certain things that have happened like a cascade of energy (on a couple occasions) lighting up the crown of my head and tunneling down to the soles of my feet or my couple encounters with an Isis/Mary-like being, were just blunt events that I could not cause nor willfully repeat. Others, such as my attempts to work with certain entities, causes me to wake up after midnight being tickled by them or feeling the full presence of a very friendly being laying on top of or half draped over me. There was a boundary to how intense those presences could become, there were clearly certain characteristics to how i'd feel their presence. Any attempts I was lead to, by suggestion of various orders, to try anything like The Secret would typically bust - certain odd synchronicities around what I wanted would manifest but what I actually wanted would not happen.

That puts me in a place where I can't easily comment on the blunt-force experiences; they were highly powerful but too short for me to examine them in such a way as to get any sort empirical grip on them or check for environmental effects aside from what registered in my nervous system. My actual work though where I did certain things - I do see a sort of plasticity to chaotic systems that can draw things toward you that you're thinking about but it's a highly un-dependable effect and for as much as a person has to knock themselves out to get something done that route they're much better off just doing it by more direct, mundane, or worldly means. I think it was actually Aleister Crowley who said something really sensible to this end - that it's pointless to try and effect things with ritual unless a person has already done every mundane thing in their power to assure something happens; ie. only then it's a bit like that one gram of added icing on a 500 gram cake.

Anecdotal renderings are always interesting. Thanks.

There is definitely more to reality than most think.

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 5:32 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Why is it called gnostic Christianity, with bishops, then. Also, do you dress in churchy-type clothes like a cleric. Just an idea.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 7:27 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Why is it called gnostic Christianity, with bishops, then. Also, do you dress in churchy-type clothes like a cleric. Just an idea.

Do you dress in a muffin costume?

Do you have a life?

Regards
DL

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 7:31 pm

I hide in bakeries, and pretend that I am the most authentic pastry, in the whole place. The sweetest one, I'll give you diabetes, if you look at me sideways.

Regards, downlow.