Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:26 am

Interesting...

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:35 am

The Body must be cleansed.

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 10:14 am

I am cisgender. That makes my opinion automatically wrong. Unless I am Noam Chomsky.
I am white. That makes my opinion automatically wrong. Unless I am Noam Chomsky.
I am male. That makes my opinion automatically wrong. Unless I am Noam Chomsky.
I am older. That makes my opinion automatically wrong. Unless I am Noam Chomsky.
(sarcasm)

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 1:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I am cisgender. That makes my opinion automatically wrong. Unless I am Noam Chomsky.
I am white. That makes my opinion automatically wrong. Unless I am Noam Chomsky.
I am male. That makes my opinion automatically wrong. Unless I am Noam Chomsky.
I am older. That makes my opinion automatically wrong. Unless I am Noam Chomsky.
(sarcasm)

I remember Jordan Peterson slamming the 'Terror Theory' people who said that the only way most people could bear to get on with life was lying to themselves about what are emotionally intolerable truths. I have to wonder if that's the kind of thing that William Shatner and the recent Google memo writer are up against (or add race and IQ for really strong measure).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin