There is only one reason why Trump won the election

Page 3 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:06 am

That is a weird argument, it is not only the person who physically caused an action to happen that is to blame. Let's say for instance that Hitler decided to nuke London, under your argument Hitler would not be the one who caused it to happen since he didn't push the button. Well your forgetting that the circumstances behind the button being pushed.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 7:27 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
will@rd wrote:
"In Washington DC, post-electoral stress disorder has generated a hysteria still manifest after eight months: the “Russian” impeachment campaign implies any contact with any Russian by anyone with any connection to Donald Trump was ipso facto treasonous. The press is doing its valiant best to pursue this story, but it is a bit much to claim “collusion.”

The hysteria is understandable, because Trump has defied expectations by actually trying to do what he promised. Another reason is that the cause of last November’s electoral outcome has remained unexplored. Long-term processes of income redistribution from working people to everyone else, had been evident for at least two decades.

"Times Literary Supplement: Why The Trump Dynasty Will Last 16 Years

What, Ivanka's supposed to run after her old man? Or do you mean Trump will extinguish democracy and become the strongman he's always wanted to be?

I highly doubt that Trump will ever become fully totalitarian. The American people are better than that.

If Trump tries to be a strongman, the American people will pry the country from his tiny baby hands and then he will spend the rest of his years in the bowels of Guantanamo Bay.

I doubt that the American people will give him a trial. They didn't give Bin Laden a trial. :twisted:

I think you highly over estimate John Q public. Less than half the nation votes. Over the last forty years John Q public has seen his economic power cut in half while the moneyed elite have seen their power more than double, yet still only half of John Q public votes. That tells me that half the 'masses' just don't give two f***s about the system that oversees them-- good, bad, or ugly, they just don't care.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 7:47 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
That is a weird argument, it is not only the person who physically caused an action to happen that is to blame. Let's say for instance that Hitler decided to nuke London, under your argument Hitler would not be the one who caused it to happen since he didn't push the button. Well your forgetting that the circumstances behind the button being pushed.

He gave the order and had a reasonable expectation it would be followed. He's most certainly guilty, although so is everyone in the command chain between Die Fuhrer and the person who actually physically pressed the button. Hang 'em all.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 6:37 pm

...Yes, I imagined that was your answer ~ I just dug up another Rodders meme :P :lol: ! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

funeralxempire wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
...What, his parents moved outta town and didn't leave him a forwarding address? :lol:

funeralxempire wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Chomsky is the wise village elder of America.

This is leads to the one thing he has in common with Rodney Dangerfield (no, not being Jewish).

:lol: No respect.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 6:40 pm

...There were, I guess (I do not have time to follow & read that now. :x ), some nullifiers, an above-average amount, then (There have been some in prior election.) ~ However, my earlier point, I believe, still holds.

LoveNotHate wrote:
EzraS wrote:
The only reason why Donald Trump won the the election is because 306 out of 538 electors voted for him. Period, end of story.

So the question is, is there any evidence whatsoever that those 306 were influenced in any way by anything Russia did?

The answer is, no.

I feel like I'm the only person on earth who's figured that out.

2 of the 306 refused to vote for Trump, so he only got 304 votes.

"While Hillary Clinton should have receives 232 votes and the President-elect 306 votes, the result actually revealed that five Democrat electors didn't vote for Clinton, while two Republicans refused to support the controversial billionaire".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12 ... mp-should/

"He ultimately received 304 electoral votes"
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-ad ... d=44930022

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:28 pm

More Info From Thommy Boi

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 12:09 am

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Aug 2017, 12:22 am

No, you're not the only one who figured that out -- Trump won because people voted for him, not because of the Ruskies coining the term "crooked Hillary". For all the "muh feelings" whining the main stream media does, Trump has actually been a great boon to the stock market and I believe he is only getting started with the goodness. I currently day trade on the stock market and it has never been better, DOW was the highest it's has been in something like the last 22 years? That's crazy!

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Aug 2017, 12:44 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Bernie Sanders gathers the young and old disillusioned masses by telling them that corporations and people that have more money than them are evil in general and to solve all the problems in the world, we just have to tax the rich from here to eternity. I've never seen anything more hypocritical coming from a man that owns, what, three homes? Besides that fact, I knew a couple people that were die-hard Sanders supporters and they were borderline pathetic -- not wanting to take responsibility for their own lives (one guy even told me that he hoped to marry a rich wife so he wouldn't have to work -- he was 25, college educated, yet did not want to get a proper job because he was too busy "finding himself") (FYI guys -- this is really pathetic to the opposite sex!), and a bunch of others that either felt entitled to others' money or had some gripe with the world and felt like everyone owed them something. I can understand this coming from the AS community because we are often marginalized, but for the vast majority of people that should have no problem being active members of society, this thinking is rather pathetic, and I see them more as lazy and naive rather than revolutionary.

Hell -- I've got more things working against me and up until last week I was working two jobs and getting along in the world as best as I could, so why can't others?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 8:48 pm

The reason that Trump won is because most Americans wanted change. If most Americans didn't want change, Clinton would have won.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 12:10 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
The reason that Trump won is because most Americans wanted change. If most Americans didn't want change, Clinton would have won.

Actually though, most Americans had voted for Clinton, but Trump had won the Electoral college. Had the Presidential election been based on the popular vote - as it is in every other democracy - there'd be a President Clinton now.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 7:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Actually though, most Americans had voted for Clinton, but Trump had won the Electoral college. Had the Presidential election been based on the popular vote - as it is in every other democracy - there'd be a President Clinton now.

Not most, only 2-3% more. 48.2% to 46.1% is a pretty narrow margin. It's pretty close to a tie. Although I know it's preferable to say "most" or "majority" because it makes it sound more significant than it actually was.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 10:01 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Not most, only 2-3% more. 48.2% to 46.1% is a pretty narrow margin. It's pretty close to a tie. Although I know it's preferable to say "most" or "majority" because it makes it sound more significant than it actually was.

If the election was determined by popular vote, Clinton would have won. That's a majority, no matter how close the vote was.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 8:01 pm

I hope this helps clear things up.

-Thomas Jefferson

PatmanC2000
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Aug 2017, 4:15 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote: