Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 9:29 pm

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm

EzraS wrote:
The only reason why Donald Trump won the the election is because 306 out of 538 electors voted for him. Period, end of story.

So the question is, is there any evidence whatsoever that those 306 were influenced in any way by anything Russia did?

The answer is, no.

I feel like I'm the only person on earth who's figured that out.

Yeah you're right, about half of the people in the USA are stupid narcissistic as*holes just like Trump and that's exactly why they voted for him.

No wonder people hate this country.

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 1:42 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:
The only reason why Donald Trump won the the election is because 306 out of 538 electors voted for him. Period, end of story.

So the question is, is there any evidence whatsoever that those 306 were influenced in any way by anything Russia did?

The answer is, no.

Yeah you're right, about half of the people in the USA are stupid narcissistic as*holes just like Trump and that's exactly why they voted for him.

Give the kid a break. Treating him like a punching bag won't make him change his beliefs. Clearly he feels like the legitimacy of his opinion/belief/understanding is being threatened, otherwise he wouldn't have made this thread. And I'd bet the same is true in the inverse for you and your reply to it too. Yelling at him only confirms for him that you're in the wrong regardless of whether you are or aren't and possibly galvanizes his beliefs further.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 6:03 am

Here's what Trump voters are saying ...

I voted for Trump because Trump promised to ...
1. lower Health care costs (ACA too expensive)
2. be pro-business
3. bring back jobs
4. produce higher wages
5. end the estate tax (ranchers/farmers can pass their ranch/farm to their children)
6. be pro-religion
7. be pro-coal
8. stand up for the national anthem
9. make America great again.

[/quote]

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 12:40 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Here's what Trump voters are saying ...

2. be pro-business
3. bring back jobs
4. produce higher wages
5. end the estate tax (ranchers/farmers can pass their ranch/farm to their children)
6. be pro-religion
7. be pro-coal

[/quote]

I'd rather not be pro-religion because pro-religous countries have a habit of oppressing people just like me. I'd prefer to NOT be burned at the stake or have stones thrown at me thank you very much!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 1:40 pm

...To address just one of your points, I assume that your point #7 refers to the Kaperneck/NFL/kneeling controversy. What has Trump " done " in this & what, really, could he do?
He has called the kneeling players " sons of b*****s ", delighting his base I suppose, and called for those who kneeled to be fired (As well as calling, in the same address, for the NFL to drop what small changes in the rules they have put it to reduce concussions - Let's have MORE brain damage!! ! :cry: ). However, for all he said, he has done little with his " bully pulpit " to make that happen to my knowledge. Why?
Now, it's been noted that many, perhaps even a majority, of NFL owners are pro-Trump. With that the case, especially why doesn:t Trump, say:
!1) Publicly push the NFL owners, getting his base behind him, to rewrite NFL contracts do those sons of b*****s get kicked out if they don't stand!! !! !! !! ! Let them play for the Jane Fonda Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys Foo:Foo Soccer League. Presumably the free market will deliver a stream of great footbsll players willing to stand, stand, stand! (And none'a them sissy anti-concussion rules, neither!)
More later

eNotHate"]Here's what Trump voters are saying ...

2. be pro-business
3. bring back jobs
4. produce higher wages
6. be pro-religion
7. be pro-coal

[/quote][/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 2:44 pm

la_fenkis wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The answer is, no.

Give the kid a break. Treating him like a punching bag won't make him change his beliefs. Clearly he feels like the legitimacy of his opinion/belief/understanding is being threatened, otherwise he wouldn't have made this thread. And I'd bet the same is true in the inverse for you and your reply to it too. Yelling at him only confirms for him that you're in the wrong regardless of whether you are or aren't and possibly galvanizes his beliefs further.

i can agree with this.

also:
Quote:
While it is acceptable to attack and debate beliefs (political, religious etc) it is not acceptable to make generalised attacks on the adherents of those beliefs. It is acceptable to say that Republicanism, Liberalism, Christianity, Islam are stupid but not acceptable to make generalised attacks saying that Republicans, Liberals, Christians or Muslims are morons. You could say that some of these people are stupid because of (reason) but not make generalised attacks on groups of people.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 3:32 pm

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
H.L. Mencken

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 4:11 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
la_fenkis wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The answer is, no.

i can agree with this.

I make no apologies for what I said. When this country falls apart it'll be because the American people brought it on themselves.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 4:19 pm

Piobaire wrote:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
H.L. Mencken

As in most cases, Mencken was right.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 4:20 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
la_fenkis wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The answer is, no.

i can agree with this.

I make no apologies for what I said. When this country falls apart it'll be because the American people brought it on themselves.

Can't disagree with you.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 4:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
la_fenkis wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The answer is, no.

i can agree with this.

Can't disagree with you.

Yeah I mean really, our people voted for him! That says more about us than it does about him.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 4:53 pm

EzraS wrote:
Trump's 12 year reign will be supreme and all your tears are delicious muhahaha. I'm not that much of a Trump fan, but neither do I despise the man.

I heard someone on KIRO radio make a good point. He said, what about all the republicans in the house and senate, is russia responsible for that too?

They could be responsible, yes. China & Russia are world leaders in state-controlled hacking collectives. Russian groups are far more politically motivated & actually a bit less nationalist, which gives them a bit of legal grey area in Russia to interfere with other governments. They're completely distinct from the diplomacy realm.

If you believe in a such thing as 'cyber security' you have been duped, especially by the Pentagon.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 5:43 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
la_fenkis wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The answer is, no.

i can agree with this.

Can't disagree with you.

Yeah I mean really, our people voted for him! That says more about us than it does about him.

I know you're not one for religion, but one Lutheran minister I know feels that Trump is God's judgement on America. Yes, the good Reverend is a liberal.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 5:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
la_fenkis wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The answer is, no.

i can agree with this.

Can't disagree with you.

I know you're not one for religion, but one Lutheran minister I know feels that Trump is God's judgement on America. Yes, the good Reverend is a liberal.

I want to make this clear: I'm neither for religion nor against it.

There are things I dislike about religions such as Christianity, Islam, and Judiasm (Wicca and Buddhism seem more ok to me) but I know they're not all bad. And frankly I get very annoyed with the way atheists look down on religious people and mock them for being "idiots". Like what exactly makes them better or gives them the right to look down on anybody? :roll:

But anyways I'm simply agnostic. I think all religions may or may not be real. :)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 7:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
la_fenkis wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The answer is, no.

i can agree with this.

Can't disagree with you.

If you won’t obey rules and laws why should we?