Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 2:56 pm

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 7:54 pm

They should install slot machines and a few bars.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 8:01 pm

EzraS wrote:
They should install slot machines and a few bars.

I agree. The Bible make much more sense when you are completely wasted.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 9:55 pm

The guy in the video is making fun of entrepreneurship.

He points out business failures , and laughs at them.

His name is probably "Jack" .... as in .... "never done Jack".

"He'll laugh at others' failures, though, he has not done sh*t"

William Shatner - Has Been

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 10:17 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Your butthurt is showing.

Thunderf00t is a successful scientist. He is making fun of primitive irrationality and the people who try to profit off of it.

I'm surprised that you don't like Thunderf00t. He is actually surprisingly right-wing when he isn't talking about religion or science.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 10:33 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

I didn't watch the video, but I read some about that failing ark 'amusement park' so yes I agree that would be a good shampoo.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 10:43 pm

A Summary of the Video: Ken Ham spent millions building a creationist "theme park". The park is now going bankrupt. Nobody wants to blow their hard-earned money on creationist pseudoscience.

Why do people write books about this crap? "Creation science" is extremely simple. "God made everything instantly. That's it! Stop looking for more complex explanations! They're boring anyway." You don't need a book for that.

Real evolutionary biology is extremely complex. It isn't for anyone who has a poor attention span or anyone who is easily bored.

Creationism is something that you can whip out in less than a minute in order to make your curious kid shut up. That's why it has survived this long.

It is now failing because people have accepted that some truths are long and complex.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 7:14 am

Talk about no more tears, quite honestly those who go on and on the most about god, the bible and christianity by far are atheists. Ususally butthurt atheists at that. "They made me go to sunday school whaaaaa".

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 12:32 pm

EzraS wrote:
Talk about no more tears, quite honestly those who go on and on the most about god, the bible and christianity by far are atheists. Ususally butthurt atheists at that. "They made me go to sunday school whaaaaa".

We aren't crying. We're laughing because The Bible is the most hilarious thing ever ... unintentionally.

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
- Ezekiel 23:20

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:54 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

He points out business failures , and laughs at them.

His name is probably "Jack" .... as in .... "never done Jack".

"He'll laugh at others' failures, though, he has not done sh*t"

Utter nonsense. The video reporter is doing nothing of the sort. He is not laughing at "entrepreneurship". He is just reporting on a business, that just happens to be struggling. And reporting on the content of the exhibits at the said business (its not the reporter's fault that that content often looks laughable).

As someone above said "your butt hurt is showing".

My question is this: why do have butthurt? Why are you so emotionally invested in defending a Creationist museum when you tell us all over and over again that you are "an atheist"?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 8:26 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:

We aren't crying. We're laughing because The Bible is the most hilarious thing ever ... unintentionally.

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
- Ezekiel 23:20

Whether laughing at it or complaining about it, a lot atheists talk about it constantly, which I find ironic.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 10:31 am

A) The fact that many atheist know scripture better than do many of the faithful IS rather ironic.

B) But atheism vs religion is not the issue in this thread. Its one man's particular interpretation of religion, and how it is presented at his museum that is the issue. The last five popes, and Pat Robertson, have all embraced geologic gradualism, and an old age for the Earth, and the nondenial of evolution. Ken Ham is as much at odds with them as he is with militant atheists, if not more so.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 12:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
A) The fact that many atheist know scripture better than do many of the faithful IS rather ironic.

It's not just knowing about it. It seems their primary interest and what they talk about the most. A lot different from an expert in greek/roman mythology for instance.

naturalplastic wrote:
B) But atheism vs religion is not the issue in this thread. Its one man's particular interpretation of religion, and how it is presented at his museum that is the issue. The last five popes, and Pat Robertson, have all embraced geologic gradualism, and an old age for the Earth, and the nondenial of evolution. Ken Ham is as much at odds with them as he is with militant atheists, if not more so.

Well the video in the op is by a well known youtube atheist. And one man's interpretation? Isn't it actually the mainstream traditional interpretation? Do protestants care what popes think and isn't pat roberson just a shady televangelist? What about the rest of the well known preachers along with apologists, bible scholars and theologians?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 12:52 pm

I don't believe in God. I believe in evolution.

But I believe people should be allowed to believe whatever they believe in, without being attacked.

Unless that belief hurts me physically or financially in a direct sense.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 1:00 pm

EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

It's not just knowing about it. It seems their primary interest and what they talk about the most. A lot different from an expert in greek/roman mythology for instance.

naturalplastic wrote:

Well the video in the op is by a well known youtube atheist. And one man's interpretation? Isn't it actually the mainstream traditional interpretation? Do protestants care what popes think and isn't pat roberson just a shady televangelist? What about the rest of the well known preachers along with apologists, bible scholars and theologians?

You seem rather obsessed with how atheists are supposedly obsessed with religion. Would that be something you would also find to be "ironic"?

And um...no. Ken Ham is a Fundamentalist and a Biblical literalists. Those terms were coined over 100 years ago because Biblical literalism and Fundamentalism had already ceased to be mainstream back then.

And I mention both Pat Robertson and the Popes to cover both the Protestants and Catholics.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 3:39 pm

I am a Christian, I do believe in evolution, and I am certain that Ken Ham is a carnival barker out to line his pockets.