Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 1:52 am

To-day, August 8th, is the 43d anniversary of POTUS Richard Milhous Nixon's resignation from the Presidency.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 6:25 am

I was just home from summer camp when he resigned.

He kept on getting phlebitis immediately afterwards.

He was too damned paranoid. He didn't need Watergate. He had the 1972 election in the bag.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 7:05 am

...I remember hearing about Gerald Ford pardoning him, or, anyway, thinking about it immediately after.
It has been speculated that one of?? the reasons for his infamous dirty tricks was to create a situation where the seen-as-more-electable potential Democratic opponent for '72, Edwin Muakie, would not receive the nod.
I believe the optimists regarding the transforming potential of the " Youth Generation " vote in that year, '72, the first year of the 18 year-old vote for POTUS
(I remember DC Comics then having little ads at the bottom of the page, I would certainly presume PSAs, saying " Use The Power 18 VOTE"! :) )
...got themselves a Trump '16-style shock when the " good " vote went for Trickie Dickie in about the same proportion as the over-30 squares! :twisted: :lol: Even if it is, I suppose, regrettable that the Dick re-entered :P :mrgreen:...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 8:28 am

Louis CK does a funny bit about that watching it as a kid. Like there's the President on tv and he's crying and then he gets on a helicopter and flies away.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 8:49 am

ASS-P wrote:
...I remember hearing about Gerald Ford pardoning him, or, anyway, thinking about it immediately after.
It has been speculated that one of?? the reasons for his infamous dirty tricks was to create a situation where the seen-as-more-electable potential Democratic opponent for '72, Edwin Muakie, would not receive the nod.
I believe the optimists regarding the transforming potential of the " Youth Generation " vote in that year, '72, the first year of the 18 year-old vote for POTUS
(I remember DC Comics then having little ads at the bottom of the page, I would certainly presume PSAs, saying " Use The Power 18 VOTE"! :) )
...got themselves a Trump '16-style shock when the " Now Generation " vote went for Trickie Dickie in about the same proportion as the over-30 squares! :twisted: :lol: Even if it is, I suppose, regrettable that the Dick re-entered :P :mrgreen:...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 8:54 am

...Thank you, Ezra, that's a fuller explanation of all the references to " Louis C.K
brought " Comments under the YT clip of his resignation speech! :twisted:

"EzraS"]Louis CK does a funny bit about that watching it as a kid. Like there's the President on tv and he's crying and then he gets on a helicopter and flies away.[/quote]

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 11:57 am

Nixon flashed the "peace sign" as he was getting into the helicopter after he resigned.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 8:19 pm