Page 4 of 14 [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:08 pm

And to think.....he wasn't even German. He was Austrian, born in the Austrian-Hungarian Empire.

He certainly was no Aryan.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Identity politics is the problem. Of all flavours.

There's a resentment feedback loop building and everyone is too busy screaming about how evil the "other guys" are to listen to reason.

Don't be part of the problem.

^^^
"centrist" drivel

Oppression is the problem. When identity politics opposes oppression, it is good. When it creates oppression, it is bad.

Centrist, of right wingers pretending to centrists?

More identity politics.

Bill, too, is part of the problem.

Drake wrote:
@ adifferentname

About this:

Quote:
Antifa and their Progressive supporters would do well to remember the following:

- When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.

I think it's quite possible they are well aware of this. And are pushing the right the way they are in order to provoke a reaction in order to get the support behind them they want in order to get the action taken against them they want. I have felt this way for some time. These people operate by any means necessary. Also, in my past experiences with SJWs, I was set up in a similar way so I've been on the wrong end of such a tactic personally. You know, the crybully tactic.

I'd agree if it were not for the fact they overplay their hand every single time.

Seriously, they do it without fail. They push the narrative to breaking point, attack anyone who has the audacity to question it and, in doing so, show their true colours to an increasingly agitated "moderate middle".

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:10 pm

Drake wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:
Drake wrote:
OP, are you going to listen to what people are saying, or just keep putting out rhetoric?

The last time Americans insisted upon appeasing Nazis, we had a Holocaust.

There already was one attempted mass murder, and even after that, some of you are crying out for Nazi rights.

You honestly do not see anything wrong with that?

Universal rights. That includes everyone. That's what makes it work.

One murderer, one arrest. He will be brought to justice. The rest didn't kill anyone. Or try to.

Yes, universal rights are a must for the survival of a free society. Just the same, when racists demonstrate to promote their views, anti-racists have every right to counter them with their own demonstrations. That's how universal rights work.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
And to think.....he wasn't even German. He was Austrian, born in the Austrian-Hungarian Empire.

He certainly was no Aryan.

Well, Austrians are linguistically, and by-and-large ethnically Germanic. A DNA test performed on known relatives of Hitler's a few years ago revealed how a significant part of his genetic make up was Jewish (the name Solomon, clearly a Jewish name, appears in his family tree), as well as North African ancestry. Think of it, Hitler would have had to gas himself!! !

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
But are the Alt Right white nationalists going to follow those rules? I personally think not.

Who are the "Alt Right white nationalists" on PPR?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:16 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Identity politics is the problem. Of all flavours.

There's a resentment feedback loop building and everyone is too busy screaming about how evil the "other guys" are to listen to reason.

Don't be part of the problem.

^^^
"centrist" drivel

Oppression is the problem. When identity politics opposes oppression, it is good. When it creates oppression, it is bad.

Centrist, of right wingers pretending to centrists?

More identity politics.

Bill, too, is part of the problem.

Drake wrote:
@ adifferentname

About this:

Quote:
Antifa and their Progressive supporters would do well to remember the following:

- When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.

I think it's quite possible they are well aware of this. And are pushing the right the way they are in order to provoke a reaction in order to get the support behind them they want in order to get the action taken against them they want. I have felt this way for some time. These people operate by any means necessary. Also, in my past experiences with SJWs, I was set up in a similar way so I've been on the wrong end of such a tactic personally. You know, the crybully tactic.

I'd agree if it were not for the fact they overplay their hand every single time.

Seriously, they do it without fail. They push the narrative to breaking point, attack anyone who has the audacity to question it and, in doing so, show their true colours to an increasingly agitated "moderate middle".

No, the problem is certain people defending the racist right from behind selective talk of rights.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:18 pm

They're everyone's rights - even people we, and you, can't stand.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:19 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
But are the Alt Right white nationalists going to follow those rules? I personally think not.

Who are the "Alt Right white nationalists" on PPR?

There have been in the past members that had promoted out-and-out racism. None of them lasted long on this forum.
I was not referring to WP in my post, but rather the types who had marched in the Unite The Right rally.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:21 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
They're everyone's rights - even people we, and you, can't stand.

Yes, absolutely; but again, the rest of us have the right to speak out against them.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:22 pm

Completely agreed.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

No, the problem is certain people defending the racist right from behind selective talk of rights.

"Selective talk of rights"?

This you'll have to provide examples of, especially in light of those you've allied yourself with advocating that "Nazis" (as defined arbitrarily and whimsically by so-called "anti-fascists") are fair game for violence.

So tell me, Bill. Who are the people "defending the racist right from behind selective talk of rights"?

Kraichgauer wrote:
There have been in the past members that had promoted out-and-out racism. None of them lasted long on this forum.
I was not referring to WP in my post, but rather the types who had marched in the Unite The Right rally.

Whereas I referred explicitly to PPR. You could at least read my posts before responding. :roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:51 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

This you'll have to provide examples of, especially in light of those you've allied yourself with advocating that "Nazis" (as defined arbitrarily and whimsically by so-called "anti-fascists") are fair game for violence.

So tell me, Bill. Who are the people "defending the racist right from behind selective talk of rights"?

Kraichgauer wrote:

Whereas I referred explicitly to PPR. You could at least read my posts before responding. :roll:

From posts on the matter from the more conservative element here, there is talk about Nazis having the right of free expression, while implying that anti-racist demonstrations are violent and illegitimate. WP conservatives on related threads have already defended the Nazis by saying that they had had a permit, while the counter demonstration did not. Sometimes doing the right thing means marching without a permit.
And yes, I did read your post, but I tend to have a stream of consciousness thing going on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:00 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm a Nazi-hater. I'm a Jew. My mother's a Jew.

I do believe we have to suppress Nazis. But we also have to suppress extremists of all stripes.

We should do what we used to do to the KKK: sue the pants out of them.

I'm a Nazi hater because I'm a German American, and Hitler and his bunch had put a black spot on the country and culture that had produced my forebears.

In a way he was also the fault of the WWI allies in general because the Treaty of Versailles was what made Germany ripe for the picking.

That is absolutely correct, and there's no way getting around it. The tragedy of it all is, Germany hadn't even started the war, but had just been dragged into it due to their alliance with Austria-Hungary. But it was Germany and the Kaiser who the Allies had focused their hate on, as they were the most powerful enemy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:02 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Alexanderplatz wrote:
French Right, and it has been exported to Germany as well.

Glad to know f*cked-in-the-head crazy isn't restricted to just America. :lol:

Be careful what you say here, Kraichgauer. You just might get a warning.

Let 'em warn away.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

From posts on the matter from the more conservative element here, there is talk about Nazis having the right of free expression, while implying that anti-racist demonstrations are violent and illegitimate.

These are not mutually exclusive positions, nor are they selective application of rights. The arguments you're presenting lack any nuance, and I'd be surprised if they were actually representative of anyone's opinion, but even were we to assume they are, it's not necessarily selective by any metric other than "was violence used/advocated?".

Quote:
WP conservatives on related threads have already defended the Nazis by saying that they had had a permit, while the counter demonstration did not. Sometimes doing the right thing means marching without a permit.

Was it the right thing, though? Was the behaviour of the "counter demonstration" a contributory factor to hostilities? As far as actual Nazis are concerned, I find the best option is to ignore them as befits their insignificant fringe status.

Quote:
And yes, I did read your post, but I tend to have a stream of consciousness thing going on.

As do many of us, I'm sure. Not a good excuse for causing confusion through inattention, however.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:47 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

From posts on the matter from the more conservative element here, there is talk about Nazis having the right of free expression, while implying that anti-racist demonstrations are violent and illegitimate.

These are not mutually exclusive positions, nor are they selective application of rights. The arguments you're presenting lack any nuance, and I'd be surprised if they were actually representative of anyone's opinion, but even were we to assume they are, it's not necessarily selective by any metric other than "was violence used/advocated?".

Quote:
WP conservatives on related threads have already defended the Nazis by saying that they had had a permit, while the counter demonstration did not. Sometimes doing the right thing means marching without a permit.

Was it the right thing, though? Was the behaviour of the "counter demonstration" a contributory factor to hostilities? As far as actual Nazis are concerned, I find the best option is to ignore them as befits their insignificant fringe status.

Quote:

As do many of us, I'm sure. Not a good excuse for causing confusion through inattention, however.

As far as I'm concerned, the Nazis had intended to provoke a violent response with their racist, homophobic, and Antisemitic chants and insults. Just like that racist goon driving into the crowd of counter protesters was premeditated.

Last edited by Kraichgauer on 17 Aug 2017, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.