Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 5:40 pm

I made a post on another forum about how I was a fan of George Clinton. And one person responded by calling me a Hillary loving cuck.

Uhm..... Making that kind of connection is a real special kind of stupid.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 6:56 pm

You should have said to that guy " I can tell that you're an obvious extravert, and are a blazing homosapien!"

If he so dumb that he confuses the lead singer of Parliament Funkedelic with the 42nd president then he will probably get insulted, and report your "personal attack" on him to the moderators of that site! :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 7:04 pm

These sorts of people just have too much of an axe to grind...and too much time on their hands.....

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 8:37 am

Yep. According to the alt right, if you agree with anyone on the left, that means you also agree with Stalin and Marx because the alt right thinks the left is a single homogenous group.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 1:45 am

It's iteresting how one person's nonsensical troll somehow represents the entire "alt-right" who are apparently ubiquitous boogeyman responsible for any poke at liberals. And they're supposed to be the ones with an axe to grind and see the other side as a single homogenous group. Okay wherever.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 8:10 am

EzraS wrote:
It's iteresting how one person's nonsensical troll somehow represents the entire "alt-right" who are apparently ubiquitous boogeyman responsible for any poke at liberals. And they're supposed to be the ones with an axe to grind and see the other side as a single homogenous group. Okay wherever.
Of the two Trump supporters I have met in RL one identified as an Alt Righter. Both however were reasonably nice and open to discussion.

Their are many of these people online big and small which show a massive closed mindedness. Take for instance Naked Ape who gets tonnes of likes and millions of views. When I talked about how racism was promminent and how gerrymandering was a form of disenfranchisement against African Americans he responded by calling me a Marxoid f**ktard and dismissed Black Democratic voters as idiots.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 12:04 pm

^^^Why do you talk to this guy?

Do you see it as a challenge to "change" him?

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 1:58 pm

EzraS wrote:

Yeah, but it's the Internet, and I was only replying to one hyperbolic generalization with another. Isn't that what Internet political debates are supposed to be all about, anyway? :twisted:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 2:10 am

EzraS wrote:

Republicans and conservatives are Americans I disagree with, but most of whom are decent people, while the Alt Right are an altogether different animal. The Alt Right are racist cross burners with hipster haircuts and polo shirts, and have proven themselves to be a pretty much decentralized but homogenous group. Have you ever come across a decent Alt Righter?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 4:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Republicans and conservatives are Americans I disagree with, but most of whom are decent people, while the Alt Right are an altogether different animal. The Alt Right are racist cross burners with hipster haircuts and polo shirts, and have proven themselves to be a pretty much decentralized but homogenous group. Have you ever come across a decent Alt Righter?

I have never come across an alt righter period. Although I'm guessing the line where conservative crosses over to alt righter according to some of those on the left is blurry and highly subjective.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 6:13 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
^^^Why do you talk to this guy?

Do you see it as a challenge to "change" him?
I do often try to bring people around to my side sometimes it has worked.

By the end of everything he was just making a fool of himself. I enjoyed that.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 10:11 am

Liberal definition of alt-right is anyone who voted for Trump.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 10:23 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I have never come across an alt righter period. Although I'm guessing the line where conservative crosses over to alt righter according to some of those on the left is blurry and highly subjective.

I've never accused all conservatives of being tiki-torch carrying, racist, misogynist trolls, and I dare say, neither has any other liberal here on WP.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 10:50 am

KagamineLen wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yeah, but it's the Internet, and I was only replying to one hyperbolic generalization with another. Isn't that what Internet political debates are supposed to be all about, anyway? :twisted:

But of course :mrgreen:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 10:52 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I've never accused all conservatives of being tiki-torch carrying, racist, misogynist trolls, and I dare say, neither has any other liberal here on WP.

Nah everyone here is pretty easy going.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 11:27 am

I am :jester: