Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Is the BOMB going to drop soon (in the next six months)?
Poll ended at 25 Mar 2018, 5:56 am
No. 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Yes. Bend over and behind and kiss your hiney goodbye! 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Less than a 50% chance 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but I've got enuff guns that I'm a- gonna wet'cha if you come anywhere near my fallout shelter! So, I'lll be having a beans- and-weenies (+ bourbon and Royal Crown Cola) BBQ! So lick my gun barrel! 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but we'll all get SUPER-POWERS from the radiation (if we don't die)! Like the X-Men or the Doom Patrol or Dr. Solarr or the Inhumans. So it'll be kewell!!:-) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Yes--- and it"s ALL OUR FAULT for not votimg for Hillary! 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Yes...and it's ALL OUR FAULT for voting that Kenyan Muslim Saul Alinsky follower Obama in! 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Yes - but the Godess will grant us a BRAVE NEW WORLD of subsistence farming and no technology! So it'll be kewell. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
You were my girl - You rocked my world. - But uou turned me out. You dropped a bomb on me! 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Can we drop the bomb on the white boy, too (drop the bomb, brop the bomb)? 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
DROP DA FUNK BOMB!! !! ! 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Well, I'M ALL RIGHT, JACK ! So bugger off!! !........... 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 20

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 5:56 am

Are there comments here about fears that North Korea might, like a. movie, carry out their threats and start a nuclear war going? 8O Or any other nightmare scenario?
Nurse Angela, I will admit that your post on this sparked.me to do this
..However, I have thought about it, myself.
I am on the West Coast " Contingous 48 " US, literally a walk downhill away from ocean air...prime target area! :|
Is there anyone here who was not only alive, but " aware " during the Ciban Missle Crisis in '62?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 7:51 am

ASS-P wrote:
Are there comments here about fears that North Korea might, like a. movie, carry out their threats and start a nuclear war going? 8O Or any other nightmare scenario?
Nurse Angela, I will admit that your post on this sparked.me to do this
..However, I have thought about it, myself.
I am on the West Coast " Contingous 48 " US, literally a walk downhill away from ocean air...prime target area! :|
Is there anyone here who was not only alive, but " aware " during the Ciban Missle Crisis in '62?

That is my worst fear of all time, and I NEVER want it to happen.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 23, 2017)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 11:18 am

Like your musical choices but you forgot the most important song.

The one both heads of state have been singing to each other: The latest hit by Taylor Swift "Look What You Made Me Do".

https://youtu.be/3tmd-ClpJxA

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 11:41 am

The Goddess says it will be ok.Anyway,I'm not worried.What good would it do?
It's a good day to die.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:40 pm

I voted less than 50%. I think there is a 10 or 15 percent chance of a Trump temper tantrum or psychotic breakdown nuclear war. "Dear Leader" in Korea is not helping matters. Who is more reckless The Donald or Dear Leader? I do not care they are both way too reckless for my comfort. Having both of them at the same time is scary.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 9:04 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09 ... s-threats/

It looks like they're trying to blackmail the world into giving them South Korea.

I suppose the question goes like this - are all of the top brass of the military and state leadership as brainwashed as they should be? If yes then we might have a state similar to WWII Japan that believes it has a god-emperor (Kim Il-Sung) and will go to pushing this plan with all the faith of Daniel in the lion's den. If the top brass isn't as brainwashed as they should be... well... you could see a coup soon, or a meaningful enough attempt at one to where Pyongyang might get very quiet and self-conscious for a while.

As for my answer to the poll - IMHO it's unknowable so I don't feel comfortable rating the odds.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 11:45 pm

Ummm, ok.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 12:45 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I voted less than 50%. I think there is a 10 or 15 percent chance of a Trump temper tantrum or psychotic breakdown nuclear war. "Dear Leader" in Korea is not helping matters. Who is more reckless The Donald or Dear Leader? I do not care they are both way too reckless for my comfort. Having both of them at the same time is scary.

So I don't understand you'd rather trump say" yeah it's ok if you nuke us we won't do anything back to , in fact we'll pay you billions in aid for nuking us"

Sorry but saying if you attack us or our allies we will destroy yiu is a very logical and common response to " we going nuke yiu and kill every single American and their allies."

You people would be apeasing hitler in the 30-40s. Like the people who hated fdr for wanting to stop hitler. Kim jun un is a horrible person, no better then hitler, for all we know(no one knew about the final solution til near the end of war) he could be killing millions of people, we do know he has slave labor camps, and starves his own people. We do know like Stalin he sends anyone who disagrees with him to their death. He probably looks up to hitler and Stalin as role models. Why onearth do you want to appease him? So no f**k him and his people, if they attack us they will die we don't do nothing we will use every weapon short of nukes to destroy their military and infrastructure and bring down his crazy reign for once and for ever. And if they nuke us then we'll nuke their capital. That's all that's needed, without the head the snake won't fight, the radiation won't effect china or South Korea much, it'll be like that place in Russia, there be a no go zone. The economic fallout is what'll suck. Who rules North Korea post war? China nor South Korea want to take on the finical costs, that's why china protects nk, millions of refugees will flood to china for food, housing, and income, all which china can't afford.

But freak any country who thinks it can wage war on the us. We may lack in other areas but we have the best military in the world and it will rain down pain on any stupid country who thinks they can kill Americans or our allies and get away with it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 12:50 pm

I'm not going vote in this left biased pony show poll. Basically the choices are yiu agree with me or, your a right leaning neo nazi, racist, horrible stupid person.

My vote if there was such an option . I dont know but probably. Like ww2 and hitler, this can't simply be ignored forever like it's been for the last 50 years or more, and look where that's got us, has it gone away? No they have nukes now that can reach the west coast, imagine what they'll have in 5-10 years? Imagine he thinks the on,y way to stay in power of starving masses who want his head is to show he's powerful by raining nuclear rain down on the USA, he'll do it he's freaking insane and thinks he's a god, gods don't die, so you have a guy who doesn't believe he'll die with nuclear bombs needing to look powerful. Yiu do the math

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:02 pm

sly279 wrote:
I'm not going vote in this left biased pony show poll. Basically the choices are yiu agree with me or, your a right leaning neo nazi, racist, horrible stupid person.

There might be a lesson to be learned here - ie. that if you weigh every person's opinions equally you might be doing a particular injustice, both to your own brain and human reason. I can think of at least four or five people I've had to, rather against my own will, downgrade in credibility because it's just who they are, they wear their distortions and/or LARPing as a badge of honor, and I realized I was doing violence to my own dignity and efforts to understand the world to try holding them up to myself as equal but different.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:46 pm

Post-Mortem

by Siegfried Sassoon

Searching for souvenirs among some rubble,

A post-atomic-warfare man observed

That " those who made this little bit of trouble

Got only what they asked for and deserved"

Then, in a kindlier afterthought's release,

He pitied " them that only asked for peace".