How many Trump supporters can be persuaded?

Page 4 of 9 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 5:41 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Hillary did not lose because she's a woman or because of imaginary Russian hackers. Her continued lies and arrogance now are showing partly why she lost. Most of you people here care more about people offending 'minorities' than you do about your government killing millions around the world and supporting racial apartheid and racial colonies in illegally occupied territory stolen in blood by a state that you give $10 million a day out of your taxes. You ought to get your priorities in order!

No point crying about fascism and patting yourselves on the back for being 'liberal' when your country's foreign policy is just like the Nazis. Get a grip!

Huh?

Walk us all through this please.

We get that you hate Israel. And that you think that Israel is worse than Nazi Germany. And we get that you don't like the US supporting Israel.

But what does that hafta do with the subject of this thread, which is Trump?

Whether Hillary is an arrogant liar, or not is irrelevant, because Trump is also an arrogant liar so that wouldn't make any difference to anything.

Further, Trump is not an alternative to his proIsrael predecessors, nor to Hillary, by being anti Israel. In fact he seems to be even more fanatic in supporting Israel than Hillary or Bush/Obama etc.

So why are you dragging Israel into this discussion about Trump?

I didn't say that Israel is worse than Nazi Germany.

Because people who say they are against Trump because of 'fascism', are fine when Israel do it.

People were left with two terrible choices, they made the right one.

At least with Clinton, millions of people wouldn't be at risk for losing their health care, the racist right wouldn't be emboldened and coddled by the government, and the American people wouldn't be sold a bill of goods, calling a tax plan middle class tax relief when that plan gives tax cuts to the super rich and corporations. I don't see those red states making the best decision for the rest of us.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 7:07 pm

I think at tax time, if the average person ends up paying less taxes, that's all that's going to matter to them. The same if health insurance rates go down for the average person.

Last edited by EzraS on 02 Nov 2017, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 7:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Hillary did not lose because she's a woman or because of imaginary Russian hackers. Her continued lies and arrogance now are showing partly why she lost. Most of you people here care more about people offending 'minorities' than you do about your government killing millions around the world and supporting racial apartheid and racial colonies in illegally occupied territory stolen in blood by a state that you give $10 million a day out of your taxes. You ought to get your priorities in order!

No point crying about fascism and patting yourselves on the back for being 'liberal' when your country's foreign policy is just like the Nazis. Get a grip!

Huh?

We get that you hate Israel. And that you think that Israel is worse than Nazi Germany. And we get that you don't like the US supporting Israel.

Whether Hillary is an arrogant liar, or not is irrelevant, because Trump is also an arrogant liar so that wouldn't make any difference to anything.

Further, Trump is not an alternative to his proIsrael predecessors, nor to Hillary, by being anti Israel. In fact he seems to be even more fanatic in supporting Israel than Hillary or Bush/Obama etc.

Because people who say they are against Trump because of 'fascism', are fine when Israel do it.

At least with Clinton, millions of people wouldn't be at risk for losing their health care, the racist right wouldn't be emboldened and coddled by the government, and the American people wouldn't be sold a bill of goods, calling a tax plan middle class tax relief when that plan gives tax cuts to the super rich and corporations. I don't see those red states making the best decision for the rest of us.

Aww that's nice, they wouldn't be forced to take an insurance they can't afford. But that's so lovely, forget about the potential millions killed across the Middle East with Clinton. People dying in those numbers aren't important, the main thing is that people in the US are forced to get health insurance they can't afford.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 8:35 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Huh?

Aww that's nice, they wouldn't be forced to take an insurance they can't afford. But that's so lovely, forget about the potential millions killed across the Middle East with Clinton. People dying in those numbers aren't important, the main thing is that people in the US are forced to get health insurance they can't afford.

Guess what, under Trump's plan, it's estimated even more people will pay higher health care costs with less services.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 9:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Guess what, under Trump's plan, it's estimated even more people will pay higher health care costs with less services.

If that ends up being the case, then Trump will probably lose a sizable majority of supporters. However if they get what they consider a better plan, then that will help him get reelected. No matter what anti-Trump media says about it, what they're actually getting is what will matter to them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 11:35 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If that ends up being the case, then Trump will probably lose a sizable majority of supporters. However if they get what they consider a better plan, then that will help him get reelected. No matter what anti-Trump media says about it, what they're actually getting is what will matter to them.

Or they'll be still so enamored with Trump that they'll still vote for him, despite the fact that their doctor visits, tests, and medicine won't be covered anymore.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 12:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Or they'll be still so enamored with Trump that they'll still vote for him, despite the fact that their doctor visits, tests, and medicine won't be covered anymore.

they'll vote for him because he pretends to hate the same people they do. i'm reminded of the words of the late great LBJ who said, “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 1:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

they'll vote for him because he pretends to hate the same people they do. i'm reminded of the words of the late great LBJ who said, “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

Absolutely so, unfortunately.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 1:39 am

Oh yeah, I forgot they're all white supremacists. Silly me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 1:47 am

EzraS wrote:

Surely not all, but Trump definitely knew what racist groups to appeal to.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 3:15 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

^

How to guarantee Trump's second term.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 12:37 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

^

By Trump appealing to racists? He certainly hopes so!

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 1:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Is that the same 'great' LBJ that helped kill millions of people in Vietnam?? And who called back US fighter jets from saving a US ship that was being bombed by Israel for 2 hours? You should be ashamed.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 10:12 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Is that the same 'great' LBJ that helped kill millions of people in Vietnam?? And who called back US fighter jets from saving a US ship that was being bombed by Israel for 2 hours? You should be ashamed.

It's the LBJ who fought to give the vote to millions of African Americans who were disenfranchised, and who declared war on poverty for all races.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 12:38 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's the LBJ who fought to give the vote to millions of African Americans who were disenfranchised, and who declared war on poverty for all races.

but of course that won't matter one whit to him. he just wants to look down his nose at me, is all.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 1:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

^

By Trump appealing to racists? He certainly hopes so!

I think maybe he means the leftist campaign to broad brush Trump supporters as racists. It's one of many strategies that's bound to have the backfire effect.