FBI/DOJ/Obama corruption: Worse than Watergate? We shall see

Page 4 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 11:02 pm

The FBI Is Looking Guilty As Hell In Russia Probe

Scandal: As Special Counsel Robert Mueller's vast and fruitless investigation into supposed ties between the Trump campaign and the Russian government drags on, it's the FBI itself that appears to have been engaged in nefarious activities.

First there is the memo circulating among lawmakers on Capitol Hill regarding how the FBI went about obtaining its warrants to wiretap Trump campaign officials during the campaign.

The speculation is that the memo — drafted by the House Intelligence Committee — will confirm what many already suspect, that the FBI used a phony "dossier" — which was nothing more than a factually challenged compilation of gossip and innuendo secretly financed by the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton's campaign — to get those warrants.

To hear from House Republicans who've seen it, the memo is explosive.

"I can tell you I read it twice just to make sure I read it properly, and it was deeply disturbing," Ohio's Dave Joyce said. Mark Meadows, chair of the House Freedom Caucus, called the memo "troubling" and "shocking," adding that "part of me wishes that I didn't read it because I don't want to believe that those kinds of things could be happening in this country that I call home and love so much."

Dave Joyce said "heads absolutely should roll," and Matt Gatetz predicted that "people will go to jail" based on what's in the memo.

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... sia-probe/

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 2:52 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Yeah, yeah and what about the current president...and his corruption.

Then they sould be addressing actual corruption, instead of holding an investigation of something that never happened, if that's what's going on.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 12:33 pm

The magnitude of the corruption in Obama's FBI is being revealed piece by piece.

The FBI’s Missing Texts
More reasons to question the bureau’s 2016 election actions

The Justice Department has dropped a second tranche of text exchanges between FBI agents Peter Strzok and Lisa Page —conveniently delivering them to the Senate at the start of last Friday night’s government shutdown. Investigators are still plowing through the 384 pages, but preliminary findings raise new questions about FBI political maneuvering during the 2016 election.

Among the biggest news is what wasn’t in the Friday delivery: The FBI claims to have “failed” to capture text messages between Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page between December 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017. This period coincides with the height of the FBI’s investigation into possible Trump-Russia collusion, on which Mr. Strzok was a lead investigator. The FBI is blaming this five-month missing link on “misconfiguration issues related to rollouts, provisioning, and software upgrades.”

These are the folks tasked with investigating Hillary Clinton’s missing emails. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Chairman Ron Johnson on Saturday wrote to FBI director Christopher Wray asking how many other FBI records were lost. Imagine how Mr. Wray’s agents would treat a private individual’s failure to turn over comparable records.

Mr. Johnson’s letter also revealed more reason to believe the FBI’s probe into Mrs. Clinton’s email server may have included political calculations. Congress already knows through internal memos that the FBI watered down the language in Mr. Comey’s July 2016 Clinton exoneration statement—from the legally culpable “grossly negligent” to “extremely careless.”

But the latest texts show the FBI also eliminated evidence that Mrs. Clinton compromised high-level communications. A June 30, 2016 draft of Mr. Comey’s statement noted that Mrs. Clinton had engaged in “an email exchange with [President Obama ]” via her private server while on the “territory of sophisticated adversaries.” That same afternoon, Mr. Strzok texts Ms. Page to tell her that, in fact, senior officials had decided to water down the reference to President Obama to “another senior government official.” By the time Mr. Comey gave his public statement on July 5, both references—to Mr. Obama and to “another senior government official”—had disappeared.

And while Mr. Comey made much in his statement about how he had “not coordinated or reviewed [his] statement in any way with the Department of Justice or any other part of the government,” the Strzok-Page texts indicate otherwise.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fbis-m ... 1516667245

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 8:28 am

COMMENTARY: Looming scandal will hammer the Democrats
By Wayne Allyn Root Review-Journal

The fix was in. The 2016 election was rigged — and Donald Trump won anyway....

Liberals who watch only CNN and MSNBC probably haven’t a clue what’s about to hit them. Trust me, that light at the end of the tunnel is a train headed straight for the Democrat Party.

We all know — thanks to former Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile — that Hillary rigged the Democrat presidential primary against Bernie Sanders. That was a precursor of what was to come....

Don’t look now, but Donald J. Trump may be the first person in world history to win an election rigged against him. Hillary — with the backing of Barack Obama and the leadership of the FBI and Department of Justice — fixed the general election so Trump couldn’t win. And Trump — this relentless bull in a china shop — won anyway.

No wonder Hillary was so confident in the days leading up to Election Day. No wonder she was so shocked and distraught on election night. Keep in mind the point of fixing the election. It wasn’t just about Hillary winning. It was about covering up her crimes.

It’s all coming down upon this cabal of criminals like a ton of boulders. Hillary, Obama, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, John Podesta, Ben Rhodes, Susan Rice, Huma Abedin and leaders of the FBI and DOJ — they’re all looking at possible prison terms as this massive, brazen scandal and conspiracy unravels.

First there’s the recent testimony of the co-founder of Fusion GPS. He admitted the FBI may very well have paid for the travel expenses of the author of the dossier — a fraudulent work of fiction used by the same FBI to obtain FISA warrants against Trump and his team. If the FBI leadership was doing the bidding of Hillary, her campaign and the DNC, who together paid millions for the fake dossier, based on lies from Russian officials, it’s not just fraud and abuse of the FISA court. It could very well be called treason.

Think of their goals. First, to use the dossier itself to frame and slander Trump during the campaign. Second, to use the dossier to get warrants and listen in on Trump. Third, to use what they found through surveillance to feed Hillary all the campaign inside info she needed to guarantee victory. Fourth, if by miracle Trump still won, use what they heard to frame his team and impeach Trump. This is Watergate on steroids.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/o ... democrats/

There Are Four Lights!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 8:59 am

This is where I've gotta put on my Jordan Peterson/Bret Weinstein hat and say you don't want to rub salt in their wounds. Whatever process is happening in congress let it happen and lets not get too riled unless it gets filibustered somehow. I was telling my dad this morning that we need two functional parties and we need two psychologically functional groups of population behind them - otherwise everything will continue to go downhill.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 9:23 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This is where I've gotta put on my Jordan Peterson/Bret Weinstein hat and say you don't want to rub salt in their wounds. Whatever process is happening in congress let it happen and lets not get too riled unless it gets filibustered somehow. I was telling my dad this morning that we need two functional parties and we need two psychologically functional groups of population behind them - otherwise everything will continue to go downhill.

~5% of all congressional seats are competitive, the other 95% are solid red or blue due to gerrymandering, and all that does is place power in the hands of extreme ideologues on either side. Until gerrymandering is reigned in this will continue.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 9:42 am

However with our current hyper-partisan social climate we're likely to elect even worse. As a representative democracy this is always a dance between government and the people it serves, hence if we agree that we want cooler heads with better critical thinking skills we can have it if we put the pressure on that way.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 1:14 pm

Darmok wrote:
COMMENTARY: Looming scandal will hammer the Democrats
By Wayne Allyn Root Review-Journal

The fix was in. The 2016 election was rigged — and Donald Trump won anyway....

Liberals who watch only CNN and MSNBC probably haven’t a clue what’s about to hit them. Trust me, that light at the end of the tunnel is a train headed straight for the Democrat Party.

We all know — thanks to former Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile — that Hillary rigged the Democrat presidential primary against Bernie Sanders. That was a precursor of what was to come....

Don’t look now, but Donald J. Trump may be the first person in world history to win an election rigged against him. Hillary — with the backing of Barack Obama and the leadership of the FBI and Department of Justice — fixed the general election so Trump couldn’t win. And Trump — this relentless bull in a china shop — won anyway.

No wonder Hillary was so confident in the days leading up to Election Day. No wonder she was so shocked and distraught on election night. Keep in mind the point of fixing the election. It wasn’t just about Hillary winning. It was about covering up her crimes.

It’s all coming down upon this cabal of criminals like a ton of boulders. Hillary, Obama, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, John Podesta, Ben Rhodes, Susan Rice, Huma Abedin and leaders of the FBI and DOJ — they’re all looking at possible prison terms as this massive, brazen scandal and conspiracy unravels.

First there’s the recent testimony of the co-founder of Fusion GPS. He admitted the FBI may very well have paid for the travel expenses of the author of the dossier — a fraudulent work of fiction used by the same FBI to obtain FISA warrants against Trump and his team. If the FBI leadership was doing the bidding of Hillary, her campaign and the DNC, who together paid millions for the fake dossier, based on lies from Russian officials, it’s not just fraud and abuse of the FISA court. It could very well be called treason.

Think of their goals. First, to use the dossier itself to frame and slander Trump during the campaign. Second, to use the dossier to get warrants and listen in on Trump. Third, to use what they found through surveillance to feed Hillary all the campaign inside info she needed to guarantee victory. Fourth, if by miracle Trump still won, use what they heard to frame his team and impeach Trump. This is Watergate on steroids.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/o ... democrats/

No it won’t.

They may be criminals but they are not perceived to be racist and that is all that matters these days.

The Clinton’s NEVER are held legally accountable, after decades why expect this to change?

Related to the above the Clinton’s, Obama are yesterdays news, Trump dominates all discourse. Those of us screaming about Obama are equlivilent to the tree falling down middle of the forest and nobody hearing it.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 2:20 pm

Fox news at its absolute best

http://www.twitter.com/amolrajanBBC/status/956797525276680192?s=09

Quick look that way, a car crash!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm

Cracks in the dam are beginning to spread. The flood of corruption that was in the Obama/Clinton/DNC system can't be concealed much longer.

McCabe Resigns After FBI Director Wray Reviews House FISA Abuse Memo

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was forced to resign Monday, just as the House Intelligence Committee is expected to vote on the public release of a classified memo this afternoon revealing extensive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuse under the Obama administration, sources told this reporter.

McCabe apparently lashed out to his colleagues when he was told he would be asked to resign, according to sources. FBI Director Christopher Wray viewed the four-page memo on Sunday, sources familiar with the discussions said.

McCabe, who is facing three federal inquiries for conflicts-of-interest during his time at the FBI, is one of the numerous names mentioned in the classified memo detailing FISA abuse, according to sources who reviewed the memo.

The federal inquiries into allegations against McCabe, who was expected to resign in March, are based on documents and interviews conducted by this reporter over the past year and range from sexual discrimination to improper political activity.

McCabe, a central figure in the ongoing Russia investigation against Trump, is also part of the Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s ongoing review into the FBI’s handling of former Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server to send classified information.

https://saraacarter.com/mccabe-resigns- ... buse-memo/

There Are Four Lights!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Feb 2018, 1:14 pm

The memo has been released. I can only assume that this has been toned down since the various Tweeting Republicans saw it, because there's nothing much in here that will convince anyone that Clinton or Obama had done anything wrong or really change the narrative for very long.

As far as I can tell, the big shocker is that an Associate Deputy Attorney General spoke to Christopher Steele (the world leading spy who reported on Donald Trump's links to Russia) and recorded Steele saying that he didn't want Trump to win. This information was then not properly passed to other senior figures at the DoJ, or if it was then it seems that they might not have properly acted upon it.

Much like the conspiracy about Obama being born in Kenya or the more salacious elements of the Steele dossier, this seems to be the sort of thing that bubbled-up partisans will bang on about while ordinary people wonder what all the fuss is about.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 8:20 pm

They were able to get information through the FISA about a campaigner for the opposing party on grounds cooked up by the DNC by omitting a lot of relevant details about the source documents. In this sense a government body was manipulated into approving a warrant based on the problematic details of the source document being omitted. Somehow that had a loop through the FBI in the process of vetting that document as well.

Government bribing, manipulating, and purgering with other agencies at the national level isn't perhaps surprising but this verifies a who involved. I'm not sure how this will reflect on the Trump/Russia investigations but it could be a pretty weird couple years to come just in watching the catharsis of all this crap unfold.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 9:00 pm

Corruption at the highest levels of the FBI. This is what happens in the early stages of a police state -- the surveillance and law enforcement apparatus of the government become tools for one political party to hold onto power. And this is still early in the investigation.

Worse than Watergate

The FISA Abuse Memo is out and now we know why the Democrats were desperate to keep its contents hidden from the public: it confirms the worst fears not just of President Trump’s supporters but of everyone concerned about the abuse of police power, government corruption, and the sanctity of our elections.

The memo shows interference in the 2016 presidential election by hostile elements within a United States intelligence agency. It wasn’t the Russians we had to worry about—it was rogue actors at the highest levels of the FBI and Department of Justice. Left unanswered is to what extent the West Wing knew about or was complicit in this gross abuse of power.

What we now know:

The FBI’s case to the FISA (the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) Court was based almost entirely upon a partisan hit-job bought and paid for by the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign....

Ohr’s wife was one of just seven employees at FusionGPS, the firm that was paying Christopher Steele. The personal financial relationship between the Ohrs and the dossier was concealed from the court.

The FBI could not corroborate the information in the Steele dossier, calling it only “minimally corroborated” but did not disclose this fact to the FISA Court thus leading it to believe that the information in the dossier was either FBI work-product or that it had been independently corroborated by the FBI. Neither was true.

The FBI did not disclose that the source of the information which formed the basis of their FISA application was a paid political operative of the Clinton campaign and the DNC.

The FBI and the Department of Justice intentionally misled the FISA court in their applications to obtain authority to spy on Trump campaign advisor Carter Page. They did this not once, but on four separate occasions over the course of a year, including after Donald Trump was in office. The misleading applications were signed off by James Comey (three times), Andrew McCabe, Sally Yates, Dana Boente, and Rosenstein....

Comey lied to the president about the investigation while he was FBI director....

FBI agent Peter Strozk and his mistress FBI attorney Lisa Page met with Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to discuss an “insurance policy” against Trump being elected president....

The texts between Peter Strozk and Lisa Page contain, “extensive discussions about the investigation, orchestrating leaks to the media, and include a meeting with Deputy Director McCabe to discuss an ‘insurance policy’ against Trump’s election.”

The Nunes memo is just the beginning. There is more to come.

https://amgreatness.com/2018/02/02/wors ... watergate/

There Are Four Lights!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 9:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gznY1bGADtg

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Feb 2018, 6:13 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
They were able to get information through the FISA about a campaigner for the opposing party on grounds cooked up by the DNC by omitting a lot of relevant details about the source documents. In this sense a government body was manipulated into approving a warrant based on the problematic details of the source document being omitted. Somehow that had a loop through the FBI in the process of vetting that document as well.

Government bribing, manipulating, and purgering with other agencies at the national level isn't perhaps surprising but this verifies a who involved. I'm not sure how this will reflect on the Trump/Russia investigations but it could be a pretty weird couple years to come just in watching the catharsis of all this crap unfold.

This is a very one-sided account.

Firstly, this omits that Page had been under investigation for several years before the Steele dossier was presented to the US government. It also omits that he'd left the Trump team before the warrants were granted.

Secondly, the allegations weren't "cooked up by the DNC". The DNC (along with the Clinton campaign and some Republicans) paid an independent intelligence operative to investigate Trump, and that's what he turned up. By all accounts, Steele is one of the best intelligence operatives in the world - former head of the Russia Desk at MI6, and the guy who realised Litvinenko had been assassinated by the Russian government. He had a long track record of providing the FBI with reliable information.

Thirdly, if it were really a case of corruption then surely Ohr wouldn't have bothered recording Steele's anti-Trump comments?

Finally, I don't think there's any suggestion of bribery.

We've already seen that this hasn't had nearly the same splash as the Trump-Russia investigation. The BBC wrote three articles about it, but I didn't see them trend. It seems like people just don't really buy the conspiracy angle.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 6:45 pm

I had to try and think of a news source that I could trust and truthfully I couldn't think of any. On that intuition I actually did something really strange and looked at the New York Times take on it.

Whether it's credible or not they're suggesting that the democrats have a memo they want to release, that they're worried not enough (ie. selective) information was in the memo and that their memo will clean the air up around this. This doesn't really match Elizabeth Warren et. al circling in with Rand Paul agreeing that what happened was an outrage and needs to be dealt with and whether that was just their ignorance of the situation up until seeing the memo or whether it was something else.

There's going to be a lot of CYA in the next few weeks, some of it may be true and lots of it may be blue-sky BS.

What would be useful is whether anyone can say anything - at length - about the history with Carter Page and the justifications for requesting FISA warrants on him were up to snuff or indeed provide what that would actually entail.