What if America tried Australia’s gun control?

Page 3 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 11:56 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Don't forget: XFiles served in the military....

I do find it absurd that health care in the US is a "privilege."

Where’s the amendment in the bill of rights that says, thou has right to free healthcare. Was healthcare not an issue in 1776? But they didn’t make it a right. Neither was driving or transportation a right. Yiu didn’t get a free horse. Freedom of speech, right to bare arms, right to due process, right to not have your house searched , right to no self incrimination, those are rights. Anything not guaranteed under th bill of rights is a privilege.

Lots of anti gun people served in the military so what? Most are pro gun. Much of police think only they should have guns and thst they superior to us peasants most disagree. Cops are just civilians too, but they call us civilians like their above us. Th facts , laws, and logic on in our side. People pushing for this don’t even realize how guns work or thst a handgun is a simiauto gun, they like we need to ban simi auto guns that won’t proven yiu from owning a handgun for self defense, idiots, yes it will. Just like the plan to ban any simi auto gun holding 10 rounds or mor bans 90% of guns. Oh and I love the ones who say we aren’t after your guns while pushy for laws that would take our guns. They either 1. Lying or 2. Don’t understand anything about guns and are being mislead by media and the liars using their emotions against them. Same way we got the patriot act.
If you don’t even understand what a simi auto gun is yiu shouldn’t be pushing to ban it.
A 22lr rifle kids shoot is a asault weapon under the proposed bills, so is thst 9mm handgun the single mom uses to protect her kids.

Look at this assault weapon
Look at this kid shooting a weapon of warImage

FYI all the above are the same gun.

I only bring up "healthcare" because of the rush to blame the recent spate of gun violence on "mental health issues."

Most health insurance plans I've encountered don't cover mental health (or vision, or dental), and the general American attitude is that these things are frivolous and a "privilege." The plans that do cover mental health often have few choices and long waiting lists.

Of course, any talk of national healthcare, or making healthcare more available to the unwashed masses is greeted with shrieking and cries of, "Communism!! !" What it boils down to is we don't want to regulate guns, but we don't want to improve healthcare, either. It's crap.

What healthcare comes down to is money. Germany has like a 40% tax to cover healthcare. Meaning half your income will be taken to pay for healthcare. Can you survive on half what yiu make? So should we make people homeless to pay for their health care?
Anyways middle class hate taxes. They want to keep all their money and f**k everyone else. They only care about themselves and buying expensive things and having multiple cars and going on trips to Europe. It’s not about communism. It’s about money and greed. Money is the ultimate evil of the world. As long as money is around people will be greedy and selfish. I wish we could have a Star Trek utopia but we don’t and won’t. You’ll have a hard time convincing most people liberal or democrat to increase taxes, they won’t even pay 60 cents to fund our police, or a $1 a year to secure our power grid, or find education, or pay to operate the new prison we built. Greed is the only thing in common liberals and conservatives have. Neither want higher taxes.

Which is why I think humans are ultimately f_cked. Once again, I only bring up healthcare do to the fact so many politicians want to blame "mental health" for our recent sorrows, but don't want to do anything to correct it.

As for guns, no, I still don't think civilians need semi and automatic weapons, just like I don't think the need RPGs, tanks, flamethrowers, ect. As a personal confession, my dad is a huge gun nut (which I say with affection, not malice), and he's only dangerous to people stupid enough to break into his home. But, other countries have lived with such bans, and we will too. I'm livid that politicians want to blame video games, movies, ect. except for the availability of guns.

My point: guns aren't the only culprit. America definitely has a cultural problem, but I don't think restricting high-powered weapons will do us any harm.

So you want to ban handguns and 90% of guns. So your anti gun basically:p
I disagree. Firstly anyone who knows guns would tell you the ar15 isn’t high powered. If asked they’d rather be shot by a 223 vs. 306.

Harm will be the civil war it starts the millions of deaths and destruction it brings. All cause people don’t understand guns and believe the propaganda.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 12:11 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
What healthcare comes down to is money. Germany has like a 40% tax to cover healthcare. Meaning half your income will be taken to pay for healthcare. Can you survive on half what yiu make? So should we make people homeless to pay for their health care?

Are there millions of homeless people in Germany?

The cost of housing increases with what people can afford. If people have money money, buying a house becomes more expensive. If people have less money due to taxes, buying a house becomes less expensive.

As a lower income earner, you wouldn't have to pay 40% income tax, even in Germany.

Healthcare is an investment. A cheap procedure now could mean one doesn't need a more expensive procedure in the future. Proper treatment could allow someone to reenter the workforce and pay back into the system rather than be out of work and be a drain on the system.

Meanwhile, making people got to the ER for non-emergency reasons just makes them system more expensive since it's more expensive to treat patients at the ER than it is at the GP.

Yes there is. http://www.dw.com/en/germany-150-percen ... a-41376766

Your nation has 105,000 out of 24,666,964 people 0.43%
USA has 554,000 out of 230,000,000 0.24%

We seem to be doing well per population then either of you, and German has double our homeless population and only has less then half our population.

As a poor person that’s a lie. Housing doesn’t go down cause people are poor. There’s millions of empty houses in the USA cause the banks won’t sell them cause people can’t afford them. They’d rather sit on them and let them fall apart then sell them for less. By your logic housing prices should have plummeted but they increased. Rent has gone up too.

I don’t pay taxes. But policy isn’t about me and I don’t only care about myself.

I get that but you need to understand that most people with money and good jobs would say pay for neither procedures and let their person die. If it saves them a buck. The same people would run over a disabled person to save a minute on their compute. They don’t know us or see us our lives don’t matter to them, it’s that simple. Put us in front of them with a gun and say shoot us they probably wouldn’t. But out of sight out of mind. They don’t care. Mean look at all these wealthy liberals with billions of dollars, how many people could they feed, shelter, help medically, instead they waste it on yachts, mansions, private plans, a savings account they can brag about. Then they say we need to pay more taxes to help people, we need to take illegal immigrants in from all over. But they won’t spend their money offer their mansions to help anyone. They als find ways to avoid taxes on their money. They hypocrites who also don’t really care about people just the publicity they get from saying they care.

Again they’d close the er to anyone that can’t pay

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 2:21 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
In regards to the most recent tragedy, a friggen teenager does not need an AR-15.

It doesn't strike you as just a little odd that all the sudden the AR-15 is a problem......when it's been available to civilians since 1964? In fact, back then there was not even an ATF form 4473 to complete, no NICS check, no minimum age requirement, AND you could mail order an AR-15 with all the magazines and ammo you wanted and have it delivered to your doorstep.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 3:19 am

sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Don't forget: XFiles served in the military....

I do find it absurd that health care in the US is a "privilege."

Where’s the amendment in the bill of rights that says, thou has right to free healthcare. Was healthcare not an issue in 1776? But they didn’t make it a right. Neither was driving or transportation a right. Yiu didn’t get a free horse. Freedom of speech, right to bare arms, right to due process, right to not have your house searched , right to no self incrimination, those are rights. Anything not guaranteed under th bill of rights is a privilege.

Lots of anti gun people served in the military so what? Most are pro gun. Much of police think only they should have guns and thst they superior to us peasants most disagree. Cops are just civilians too, but they call us civilians like their above us. Th facts , laws, and logic on in our side. People pushing for this don’t even realize how guns work or thst a handgun is a simiauto gun, they like we need to ban simi auto guns that won’t proven yiu from owning a handgun for self defense, idiots, yes it will. Just like the plan to ban any simi auto gun holding 10 rounds or mor bans 90% of guns. Oh and I love the ones who say we aren’t after your guns while pushy for laws that would take our guns. They either 1. Lying or 2. Don’t understand anything about guns and are being mislead by media and the liars using their emotions against them. Same way we got the patriot act.
If you don’t even understand what a simi auto gun is yiu shouldn’t be pushing to ban it.
A 22lr rifle kids shoot is a asault weapon under the proposed bills, so is thst 9mm handgun the single mom uses to protect her kids.

Look at this assault weapon
Look at this kid shooting a weapon of warImage

FYI all the above are the same gun.

I only bring up "healthcare" because of the rush to blame the recent spate of gun violence on "mental health issues."

Most health insurance plans I've encountered don't cover mental health (or vision, or dental), and the general American attitude is that these things are frivolous and a "privilege." The plans that do cover mental health often have few choices and long waiting lists.

Of course, any talk of national healthcare, or making healthcare more available to the unwashed masses is greeted with shrieking and cries of, "Communism!! !" What it boils down to is we don't want to regulate guns, but we don't want to improve healthcare, either. It's crap.

Anyways middle class hate taxes. They want to keep all their money and f**k everyone else. They only care about themselves and buying expensive things and having multiple cars and going on trips to Europe. It’s not about communism. It’s about money and greed. Money is the ultimate evil of the world. As long as money is around people will be greedy and selfish. I wish we could have a Star Trek utopia but we don’t and won’t. You’ll have a hard time convincing most people liberal or democrat to increase taxes, they won’t even pay 60 cents to fund our police, or a $1 a year to secure our power grid, or find education, or pay to operate the new prison we built. Greed is the only thing in common liberals and conservatives have. Neither want higher taxes.

Which is why I think humans are ultimately f_cked. Once again, I only bring up healthcare do to the fact so many politicians want to blame "mental health" for our recent sorrows, but don't want to do anything to correct it.

As for guns, no, I still don't think civilians need semi and automatic weapons, just like I don't think the need RPGs, tanks, flamethrowers, ect. As a personal confession, my dad is a huge gun nut (which I say with affection, not malice), and he's only dangerous to people stupid enough to break into his home. But, other countries have lived with such bans, and we will too. I'm livid that politicians want to blame video games, movies, ect. except for the availability of guns.

My point: guns aren't the only culprit. America definitely has a cultural problem, but I don't think restricting high-powered weapons will do us any harm.

So you want to ban handguns and 90% of guns. So your anti gun basically:p
I disagree. Firstly anyone who knows guns would tell you the ar15 isn’t high powered. If asked they’d rather be shot by a 223 vs. 306.

Harm will be the civil war it starts the millions of deaths and destruction it brings. All cause people don’t understand guns and believe the propaganda.

There's propaganda on both sides and both sides have people who believe their own sides propaganda.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 4:19 am

One side has facts and logic and the other has lies and ignorance.
Like how they got people thinking banning simi auto guns won’t effect handguns even though handguns are simi auto. How they hid it’ll ban most 22lr rifles etc. how they say ar15 is high powered despite it only uses .223 bullets. Etc etc etc.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 8:42 am

This is not an all-or-nothing world....

There’s reasons for the 2nd Amendment.

There’s reasons for gun control.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 1:34 pm

sly279 wrote:
how they say ar15 is high powered despite it only uses .223 bullets. Etc etc etc.

"By why do you need such a powerful weapon?!?!", they shriek with their panties in knots when arguing against the AR-15 or anything in the same caliber when the 5.56mm NATO (.223 Remington) is a cartridge better suited for woodchucks and coyotes. These are the same people that preach the importance of education and enlightenment when they themselves are so willfully ignorant.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 2:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
This is not an all-or-nothing world....

There’s reasons for the 2nd Amendment.

There’s reasons for gun control.

There’s thousands of fun controlmlaws. Enoug is enough. The balance as long since been passed and gone too fare already tinto infringement. And very law they said this is all we want, so no enough is enough.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 2:46 pm

This guy is right on. Wish my state had representatives like him

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 2:48 pm

Raptor wrote:
sly279 wrote:
how they say ar15 is high powered despite it only uses .223 bullets. Etc etc etc.

"By why do you need such a powerful weapon?!?!", they shriek with their panties in knots when arguing against the AR-15 or anything in the same caliber when the 5.56mm NATO (.223 Remington) is a cartridge better suited for woodchucks and coyotes. These are the same people that preach the importance of education and enlightenment when they themselves are so willfully ignorant.

Did you see the cnn where thy guy was afraid to shoulder it and the military expert said he was going use fully simi automatic mode lol
Anti gun people don’t know anything about guns or understand them at all. It’s why they so easily lied to and misled.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 4:38 pm

sly279 wrote:
Did you see the cnn where thy guy was afraid to shoulder it and the military expert said he was going use fully simi automatic mode lol
Anti gun people don’t know anything about guns or understand them at all. It’s why they so easily lied to and misled.
This one?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 5:51 pm

Mudboy wrote:
sly279 wrote:
This one?

Yes minis the commentary, but the guy was entertaining. Excuse me while I go shot my handgun full simiautomatic lol

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 6:36 pm

Raptor wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
In regards to the most recent tragedy, a friggen teenager does not need an AR-15.

It doesn't strike you as just a little odd that all the sudden the AR-15 is a problem......when it's been available to civilians since 1964? In fact, back then there was not even an ATF form 4473 to complete, no NICS check, no minimum age requirement, AND you could mail order an AR-15 with all the magazines and ammo you wanted and have it delivered to your doorstep.

No, I've already stated that the U.S. has a huge cultural problem, and it's not just guns.

It just so happens that I don't think high-powered weapons should be easily available to civilians, just like I don't think my neighbors should be allowed to own flamethrowers and grenade launchers.

Hell, we lock-up baby formula and Tide pods, but we want to give whatever gun anyone wants, with as much ammo as they want, whenever they want it, for whatever the reason.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 7:13 pm

I can go buy as much baby formula or tide pods as I want. Neither are locked up. Where do you live?

Flame throwers and grenades ad non discriminate weapons. Ar15 isn’t high powered how many times do we have to tell you this before you stop calling it that?
And they are no different then any other simi auto rifle. You just dislike them cause the news says they look scary. Well news use to say black people looked scary, hmm ar15 are black, news says they safety but same same style fun with wood is ok. Maybe the media is irrational. Just cause someone or something looks scary doesnt mean it is. Trust me my 8mm maus r is far far far more high powered and deadly then a ar15. Remember the Texas tower sniper? He used a bolt action rifle and killed 14 people. This could happen anywhere there’s a tall building above crowds.

Quote:
On August 1, 1966, after stabbing his mother and his wife to death, Charles Whitman, a former Marine sharpshooter, took rifles and other weapons to the observation deck atop the Main Building tower at the University of Texas at Austin, then opened fire on persons indiscriminately on the surrounding campus and streets. Over the next 90 minutes he shot and killed 14 people (including one unborn child) and injured 31 others; while a final victim died in 2001 from the lingering effects of his wounds. The incident ended when police reached Whitman and shot him dead. As of February 2018, the attack is ranked as the eighth-deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 7:39 pm

sly279 wrote:
I can go buy as much baby formula or tide pods as I want. Neither are locked up. Where do you live?

Flame throwers and grenades ad non discriminate weapons. Ar15 isn’t high powered how many times do we have to tell you this before you stop calling it that?
And they are no different then any other simi auto rifle. You just dislike them cause the news says they look scary. Well news use to say black people looked scary, hmm ar15 are black, news says they safety but same same style fun with wood is ok. Maybe the media is irrational. Just cause someone or something looks scary doesnt mean it is. Trust me my 8mm maus r is far far far more high powered and deadly then a ar15. Remember the Texas tower sniper? He used a bolt action rifle and killed 14 people. This could happen anywhere there’s a tall building above crowds.

Quote:
On August 1, 1966, after stabbing his mother and his wife to death, Charles Whitman, a former Marine sharpshooter, took rifles and other weapons to the observation deck atop the Main Building tower at the University of Texas at Austin, then opened fire on persons indiscriminately on the surrounding campus and streets. Over the next 90 minutes he shot and killed 14 people (including one unborn child) and injured 31 others; while a final victim died in 2001 from the lingering effects of his wounds. The incident ended when police reached Whitman and shot him dead. As of February 2018, the attack is ranked as the eighth-deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.

I live in Arkansas,

The most recent tragedy was caused by a mentally ill teen who was sold an AR-15. In the Declaration of Independence, I'm guaranteed the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Personally, I think my right to life supersedes the "right" of a mentally ill teen to purchase a weapon that's capable of killing massive amounts of people, in a short amount of time, with little to no training.

I'm tired of gun-folks who act like any restriction on guns is a travesty. Keeping deadly weapons out of the hands of killers won't be 100% effective, but it would be a start. Last time I checked, machine guns were highly regulated. I wonder why. :roll:

I'm NOT "anti-gun," I just don't think anyone should be able to obtain whatever gun they want with no restrictions. I also don't want North Korea getting nukes. Guns (or nukes) may not kill people, but it's pretty hard to kill someone by pointing your finger at them and yelling, "BANG!!"

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 8:34 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Quote:

I live in Arkansas,

The most recent tragedy was caused by a mentally ill teen who was sold an AR-15. In the Declaration of Independence, I'm guaranteed the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Personally, I think my right to life supersedes the "right" of a mentally ill teen to purchase a weapon that's capable of killing massive amounts of people, in a short amount of time, with little to no training.

I'm tired of gun-folks who act like any restriction on guns is a travesty. Keeping deadly weapons out of the hands of killers won't be 100% effective, but it would be a start. Last time I checked, machine guns were highly regulated. I wonder why. :roll:

I'm NOT "anti-gun," I just don't think anyone should be able to obtain whatever gun they want with no restrictions. I also don't want North Korea getting nukes. Guns (or nukes) may not kill people, but it's pretty hard to kill someone by pointing your finger at them and yelling, "BANG!!"

So your rights trample mine? Last I checked murders illegal?
Also when do you stop? Rifles? Handguns? All guns? When will it be enough. Banning simi auto guns won’t stop mass shootings so your call for banning bolt action and level actions, and when they still happen what will you ban thena. And when all guns are banned and shootings still happen what will we ban?
Only adults can Buy guns. You’d punish 100 million people for the actions of 15 people. You’d take away a 100 million peoples rights and freedoms for that. What about our life and pursuits of happiness?
Sorry freedom means risks freedom means bad stuff will happen. I like freedom. And deep down you do too.

Not a single one of these laws will keep Andy guns or weapons out of killers hands, and the politicians pushing them say so themselves.

Machine guns are regulated because nra and republicans sold us down the the river. I and all pro 2nd amendment people are fighting to remove th Hughes amendment and NFA laws and make machine guns unregulated again.

There’s tons of restrictions too many as is. It’s far easier to buy a knife axe, or drugs, or a car etc. every time you buy a gun you show ID, fill out lots of paperwork, go through a fbi or state police background check that takes 10-30 mins. The store keeps record of your purchase as well forever. Do you have to go through a background check to vote? No you don’t even have to show id. What about protesting do you need a background check? What other right do you need to show id and do a background check for?

Also as for flame throwers
“Believe it or not, there are no federal laws governing private ownership of flamethrowers or flamethrower-like devices (they’re considered “extended-reach torches”). It all comes down to individual state laws, and for the most part, everybody is surprisingly pretty chill with you bringing the heat. Only two states in the country restrict the devices: California and Maryland.”

Also the only thing stopping people from owning tanks, cannons, bombs, grenades, is money. If you’re rich you can have all those things. Some people have a price tank force or a private air force. And if you get government permission they make you new machine guns. Or if your a us democrat senator you can get them made for you to sale for campaign funding. The rest of us can only get pre 1986 ones. But laws of congress don’t apply to congress. Would a congressmen or senators get away with murder? Where’s the whole laws don’t apply t them stop? And it’s this corrupt government, the same government that fails to report the shooter to nics, the same government thst don’t arrest him after asaulting his mom, that failed due to corruption( they don’t arrest kids romlowr crime rate for school funding) and laziness that you want to give more control to and epexct them to stop future shootings. Heads up they won’t they’re still be corrupt and fail. How about fix the government. How will expanding background checks help if they don’t put th dangerous people in it under current law cause it’s too much work?

Also it’s super funny anti gun people say trump is new hitler but they want to make it s only him and his government has guns. Like what. So they say he’s hitler and going kill millions so let’s make it sonly he has guns and the rest of us are defenseless o.0
They want t expand the power of the man they say is pure evil. Makes no freaking sense