Page 5 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 2:59 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
The ironic thing is that the Ottomans were in steep decline by 1915.

I believe Trump, frequently, imitates a fascist quite well.

No more so then Obama only difference is Obama was your guy so it was ok.

Really?

Fascist Traits of Obama:
- Supported SOPA
- Renewed the Patriot Act
- ... that's about it.

Fascist Traits of Trump:
- Supports censorship
- Supports constant surveillance
- Excessively patriotic
- Excessively macho attitude
- Anti-intellectual
- Promised to jail political opponent
- Xenophobia
- "Most militaristic person ever" (in his own words)
- Refused to condemn David Duke
- "tough on crime"

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:15 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Really?

Fascist Traits of Obama:
- Supported SOPA
- ... that's about it.

Fascist Traits of Trump:
- Supports censorship
- Excessively patriotic
- Anti-intellectual
- Xenophobia
- "tough on crime"

With Obama, it must be said that he gave himself (and future presidents) the lawful ability to assassinate U.S. citizens. And, used it.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:17 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Really?

Fascist Traits of Obama:
- Supported SOPA
- ... that's about it.

Fascist Traits of Trump:
- Supports censorship
- Excessively patriotic
- Anti-intellectual
- Xenophobia
- "tough on crime"

I'd personally say, "excessively nationalistic," rather than using the word "patriotic." A genuine patriot wants the best for his/her country, even if that means being critical of it, whereas a nationalist is interested only in the magnification and glorification of the country, the state, and a particular ethnicity. Hence why Trump is leaning so close to fascism.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:25 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Really?

Fascist Traits of Obama:
- Supported SOPA
- ... that's about it.

Fascist Traits of Trump:
- Supports censorship
- Excessively patriotic
- Anti-intellectual
- Xenophobia
- "tough on crime"

With Obama, it must be said that he gave himself (and future presidents) the lawful ability to assassinate U.S. citizens. And, used it.

In all fairness, those American citizens in question were violent Islamo-fascists who had not only declared war on their fellow Americans, but had the blood of innocent Americans on their hands. Had an American during WWII joined the Nazis and fought for Hitler, I have no doubt he'd be considered a fair target.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 3:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Really?

Fascist Traits of Obama:
- Supported SOPA
- ... that's about it.

Fascist Traits of Trump:
- Supports censorship
- Excessively patriotic
- Anti-intellectual
- Xenophobia
- "tough on crime"

In all fairness, those American citizens in question were violent Islamo-fascists who had not only declared war on their fellow Americans, but had the blood of innocent Americans on their hands. Had an American during WWII joined the Nazis and fought for Hitler, I have no doubt he'd be considered a fair target.

But, such a lawful order stinks, particularly when it came from the president himself.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 4:32 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Really?

Fascist Traits of Obama:
- Supported SOPA
- ... that's about it.

Fascist Traits of Trump:
- Supports censorship
- Excessively patriotic
- Anti-intellectual
- Xenophobia
- "tough on crime"

But, such a lawful order stinks, particularly when it came from the president himself.

Nobody ever said being President was easy. Or that the President doesn't win a one way ticket to Hell.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 6:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Not ironic at all. Of course they were dangerous when they were in their in their death throes.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 9:44 pm

Reminds me of "The Turner Diaries."

Suncatcher
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2018, 9:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Reminds me of "The Turner Diaries."

Indeed.

How to beat this?

Education. We MUST educate people on the flaws of human behaviour that we are born with. We must by law forbid any idealogy that wants to dominate others. This means a large portion of the koran for example is then forbidden. I have no problem with god, allah or any other philosophical being. I dont care if you believe in a midget high up above the clouds. However, if you try to spread an idealogy that controls otherss thoughts ( and dont you dare to even think!) and turns the entire population into an KGB agent, rewarding those who detect an abnormality followed by a public hanging, you should go back to the desert.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 10:44 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote in 1789 that “I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in any thing else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all. […] I am neither federalist nor antifederalist; that I am of neither party, nor yet a trimmer between parties.” --to Francis Hopkinson.

In other words, Jefferson begged us to think for ourselves. Don't let some paid political party hack convince you otherwise.

I hear a lot of this echoed at present in Eric Weinstein's four quadrants model and his discourses on pejoritized (in this case high quality but non group member) narratives.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 11:07 pm

I think what worries me about a rise in far-right sentiment is it's not a sign of normal conditions. People can debate whether social media's to blame or just how much hidden racism is out there in the culture, I'm somewhat skeptical that those claims explain the entirety or perhaps even the half of it.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 11:17 pm

Suncatcher wrote:
How to beat this?

Education. We MUST educate people on the flaws of human behaviour that we are born with. We must by law forbid any idealogy that wants to dominate others. This means a large portion of the koran for example is then forbidden.
Ban part of the Koran? The quickest way to make a book more popular is to ban it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 11:34 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Mikah wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Mikah wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
Why - WHY WHY WHY! are people REFUSING to learn from history? Do people really LIKE Fascist ideology? Do people WANT dictatorship instead of democracy?

The ones who didn't learn from history are the morons who thought mass immigration was a brilliant idea. Disrupt the ethnic, cultural or religious demographics of a territory and you get ethnic, cultural or religious conflict. It's not rocket science.

We should definitely kick all the immigrants out of the UK. We should start with the Angles, the Saxons and the Normans. Look at how the Angles and Saxons have disrupted the religious demographics by displacing all the Druids.

Look at how the Normans have interfered with the language by introducing all those fancy French words.

You are correct to notice that cultures, religions and peoples do not mix all that much, that they displace one another, often amidst conflict.

So are you going to drive all the Muslims out of the UK with conflict?

Where did Mikah suggest that?

Mikah didn't say that. I said it. I never said Mikah said it.

Mikah doesn't have to participate in conflict if he doesn't want to. If he wants to be displaced by Muslims that's his business.

Well, I'm confused...
Are you advocating that Muslims should be forcefully removed?
If not, could you make your position clear?
Is it spits or swallows? :mrgreen:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 1:01 am

sly279 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Were non-european empires less fascist though in history? Look at the history of Ottomans, Arab empires, Japan and China.

Japan was fascist. I think the Ottomans were more imperial, as is modern China.

Modern China isn’t imperial. They are revolutionaries who over threw the emperials who withdrew to Twain. Hence the current conflict dating back to ww2. That’s why Twain isn’t part of China but China claims it is.

Merriam Webster Dictionary wrote:
Definition of imperialism

1 : imperial government, authority, or system
2 : the policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and dominion of a nation especially by direct territorial acquisitions or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas; broadly : the extension or imposition of power,

By definition 2, I believe Taiwan, Tibet, and those in the western regions of China would consider China to be quite imperial.

Then so is Russia, USA, Europe, India , Pakistan and of other nations.

In what sense do you believe India and Pakistan are imperialistic?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 2:17 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

It seems the most likely outcome. Try to find historical examples where such movements of people haven't resulted in misery for one group or another, sooner or later. You are in the end either a Native Indian or a European settler, an Ottoman Turk or a Christian Armenian, a Bosniak or a Serb, a disenfranchised poor black in Rhodesia or perhaps a white farmer in Zimbabwe a few years later... Not once have humans put down their arms and embraced, assimilated, integrated and sought a shared future. Open your arms to hug your enemy and you get necklaced. The game never ends.

Why don't we learn from history indeed.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 4:26 am

Mikah wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

It seems the most likely outcome.

Firstly, this is your observation/speculation rather than something you are advocating...

However... :mrgreen:
Isn't America the land of the mutts?
A great melting pot of different cultures which has assimilated rather successfully?
The same applies to Australia...

Not everything is harmonious, but it does seem to work overall without the need to expel certain cultural segments of the citizenry...